• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy New Year from all of us on the Final Fantasy team!

New Year’s Greetings from FINAL FANTASY!​

topics_240101_newyear_top.jpg

The entire FINAL FANTASY staff wishes you a happy and prosperous New Year!
We've made special illustrations for you to enjoy alongside the following messages from the team.

topics_20240101_1_syusei2.jpg

From FINAL FANTASY VII
Illustration: Fumio Minagawa, Creative Division

topics_20240101_2_syusei_2.jpg

From FINAL FANTASY XVI
Illustration: Kazuya Takahashi, FFXVI Character and Visual Design

Happy new year.
2024 will finally see the release of FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH, the latest entry in the FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE project.
I hope you all enjoy experiencing its emotional story, that explores the characters’ relationships, and exploring the title’s vast world map.
I think this is going to be another great year for the FF series, FFVII REBIRTH included! Have a great 2024!

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH Producer
Yoshinori Kitase

-----------------------------​

Happy new year!
I want to thank you all for picking up the latest entry in the FINAL FANTASY series, FINAL FANTASY XVI, last year and for continuing to support FINAL FANTASY XIV.

We’ll be hard at work in 2024 making the second piece of DLC for FFXVI as well as the game’s PC version. And that’s not all: after the FFXIV fan festival in Tokyo, we’ll be taking you all on a brand-new adventure in FINAL FANTASY XIV: Dawntrail.

All those in Creative Business Unit III, myself included, will continue to put our everything into game development, with the player experience always at the forefront of our minds!

FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer and Director
FINAL FANTASY XVI Producer
Naoki Yoshida

Happy new year!
This is Hazama from SQEX.

It’s now been nearly an entire year since we released THEATRHYTHM FINAL BAR LINE. What have you all been up to since then?
Personally, I was busy working on DLC and other things all the way up until November last year, so it really doesn’t feel like that long ago for me.
It’s still crazy to think how many tracks we squeezed into the game in the end...
I want to take this chance to thank Masanobu Suzui, all the development team, the staff on the various projects who checked content for us, and all of you who played the title!

As for this year, well... Don’t worry, we’ve got something in store for you.
Our young team of developers is hard at work creating something new, so I hope you don’t mind waiting until we’re ready to share more!

FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper Producer
THEATRHYTHM FINAL BAR LINE Producer
Ichiro Hazama

Happy new year to everyone reading this all over the world!

Last year, we released the FINAL FANTASY Pixel Remaster titles on console. We first started releasing them for smartphones back in 2021, but I was delighted to finally get them on home consoles as well.
The Pixel Remaster games were developed to show everyone once again what makes the FINAL FANTASY series so special. The team that worked on them put their hearts and souls into the project.
It also brings me great joy to say we’ve sold three million Pixel Remaster titles to date. None of this would’ve been possible without the fans, so thank you for everything.

In other news, FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS is now in its ninth year, and WAR OF THE VISIONS has entered its fifth. What’s more, WAR OF THE VISIONS will be getting its first-ever stage adaptation in Japan in February, which is something to look forward to.

I’m hoping we’ll be able to surprise all of you this year with the games and other things we’ve got lined up!

FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS Series Producer
Kei Hirono

We hope you're excited for this next year of FINAL FANTASY!

Top Bottom