• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have Problems with Switch Online app? - Let Nintendo know.

jorgejjvr

It has come to my attention, that there is a feedback option on the Nintendo Switch App, and I don't think many of us know.

This is on

Settings > Other > Feedback

Topics: (Invitation Function, Voice Chat Quality, Voice Chat Function, Functions to Enhance Gameplay, Battery Life, Features You'd Like to See, Other)

Screenshot_20170719_085403.png

I know many of us have many concerns, complains, and issues with the app already.

That being said, the only way to do something about it and create some change, I believe is to let Nintendo know directly - they left this option for a reason.

I think it would be a great idea to point out the main issues here, and lay them down, with the ultimate goal for each and every one of us to go to the app and provide it as feedback. Don't just leave it here.

As of now, feedback that I have provided -

Feedback/Features:

We need to be able to message friends.

The app/voice chat should work when the phone is in sleep or while using another app. It cannot disconnect.

All of these features should be available from the console itself as well.

I am not too savvy, so I actually hope you guys can provide even more great feeback here, that I could not think of, and I will make sure to let Nintendo know.

But if we want change, we all need to do something about it, and let Nintendo know. If we all jump in, I am certain we will see change.

PS: yet another great recommendation would be to go to the app store, and play store and review it badly, and provide feedback there as well

Ideal scenario:

1. Provide feedback from app itself.

2. Provide a review at the Google play store.

3. Provide a review at App Store.

Cover all your bases.

Great thread, I'd even encourage people who weren't all that interested in downloading it to actually get it and write some feedback (assuming you agree that it's a bad implementation).

Magikoopa24

Neo Member
I don't know if you'd be able to put it on the console through complaints alone, but things like the screen on part and no background apps will definitely get fixed sooner with this process.

Great thread, I'd even encourage people who weren't all that interested in downloading it to actually get it and write some feedback (assuming you agree that it's a bad implementation).

This is what I did, so I'm probably going to receive crap from other people. I will not get Splatoon 2 due to voice chat not even being 2002 tech

So, what is Nintendos solution for hearing game audio and group chat at the same time when on the go that is not that cable/controller panel clusterfuck from that third party?

I'm curious.

As soon as I'm not at work and the app is out in EU android store, my feedback is basically going to be "You dense motherfuckers, this should all be running on the switch hardware and not a phone app". Maybe without the swearing, I'm not sure yet.

So, what is Nintendos solution for hearing game audio and group chat at the same time when on the go that is not that cable/controller panel clusterfuck from that third party?

I'm curious.
There is no other solution. That clusterfuck is legitimately what Nintendo expects people to use if they want to hear both,

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
If people shitpost the concept itself of an App, it will not improve the App at all.
so, sorry OP but I don't know if your original intent will be served well on GAF

If people shitpost the concept itself of an App, it will not improve the App at all.
so, sorry OP but I don't know if your original intent will be served well on GAF

At the very least this could get them to allow the voice chat to run in the background so you can turn your phone screen off.

The feedback options are pretty extensive, it's almost like they knew we were going to come in droves lol.

I've submitted a couple things already, I'll probably do more on the performance side of things once I can test those things out this Friday.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
At the very least this could get them to allow the voice chat to run in the background so you can turn your phone screen off.

every in-app improvement is very useful to everyone
suggesting to ignore the app and do a built-in-app-for Switch will be ignored
and I can already seeing the feedback to be flooded with this kind of suggestions that will hardly be taken into consideration, making way more difficult to look for actual in-app improvement

Neoxon

I've already submitted a few things, namely requesting the ability to use the app in the background as well as while the phone is in sleep mode.

Couldnt voice chat just use a usb in docked mode?

You mean a USB dongle? Probably. The Switch has Bluetooth chips too which can support audio if they patch that in. The headphone jack supports microphones too, so a Bluetooth headphone jack dongle would work fine too.

The hardware is all there. But the OS just doesn't support it.

jorgejjvr

The feedback options are pretty extensive, it's almost like they knew we were going to come in droves lol.

I've submitted a couple things already, I'll probably do more on the performance side of things once I can test those things out this Friday.
LOL yeah they were expecting it.

So let's make sure they hear it

Blam

You mean a USB dongle? Probably. The Switch has Bluetooth chips too which can support audio if they patch that in. The headphone jack supports microphones too, so a Bluetooth headphone jack dongle would work fine too.

The hardware is all there. But the OS just doesn't support it.

Which I don't understand why they decide to push this out instead of waiting for their OS team to just add it into the switch itself.

Hugstable

Banned
Thanks left feedback. Hope they inprove on the app and it's functions, cause right now I don't see myself using it and rather using discord to speak with friends while playing

Which I don't understand why they decide to push this out instead of waiting for their OS team to just add it into the switch itself.

Yeah I have no clue why this just isn't built into the OS itself, and why you need a phone and external app (as well as some other thing to get ingame sound as well) just for voicechat. Hoping Nintendo improves this whole thing cause right now it ain't very good :(

Grylvak

I've been looking through the app and submitted three different feedback suggestions so far. The fact that I can't even use iMessage or Line to message others while voice chatting with friends is just silly.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Christ, the service hasn't even launched yet and folks want to bitch at Nintendo.

I'll give it a try over the weekend once Splatoon launches and then I'll give Nintendo feedback, but until I've used it I can't really comment on it.

phanphare

Banned
good thread, I just left them some feedback

hopefully this amounts to something

Christ, the service hasn't even launched yet and folks want to bitch at Nintendo.

I'll give it a try over the weekend once Splatoon launches and then I'll give Nintendo feedback, but until I've used it I can't really comment on it.

the biggest issue is that it's a phone app separate from the Switch itself. no one needs to actually use the app to confirm or deny that or comment about whether or not it's a shit decision.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
the biggest issue is that it's a phone app separate from the Switch itself. no one needs to actually use the app to confirm or deny that or comment about whether or not it's a shit decision.

I'd rather not have a 12-foot headphone cable running across the floor to my Switch. Using headphones with my phone seems like a much better solution in this situation.

Eh, I was going into it with an open mind because who knows, they could've really nailed the app.

But the fact that it won't even let you turn off your phone screen and voice chat is incredibly mind boggling. That alone is bothering me more than most other things here.

jorgejjvr

good thread, I just left them some feedback

hopefully this amounts to something

There's also been others with access to the game, and app, and already provided feedback of what it can't do

oti

Banned
I'd say the more important part here are the App Store reviews. They can't ignore tons of 1 ⭐ reviews for their Nintendo Switch Online App.

I'd say the more important part here are the App Store reviews. They can't ignore tons of 1 ⭐ reviews for their Nintendo Switch Online App.

Well it went down from 4.6 to 4.4 over the last hour, so I guess that's working too. Slowly though. EDIT: On the google play store I mean.

jorgejjvr

Why not both?

Doing both is the best.

There's also already over 1000 5 stars reviews somehow....

The 1 star reviews will be lost.

They can't ignore the feedback they receive straight from the app users.

Again, doing both is still key

kadotsu

Banned
Services on android and iOS are hard. You have to have read at least chapter nine of any "Learn AND/iOS SDK" book to make those.

Top Bottom