• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SMT:Nocturne LTTP

Hylian7

Matador is such a genius "wake up call" battle. It really shows that you can't play this like some RPGs and just ignore some mechanics or spells that whole game.

Atlantis

The thing that turns me off the most from Nocturne's Hard Mode is actually the triple prices in shops.

I don't want to live that life.

The thing that turns me off the most from Nocturne's Hard Mode is actually the triple prices in shops.

I don't want to live that life.

The Compendium prices are already so high!

Last night I was able to make some progress, the only thing that stopped me in my tracks was Thor. I was mostly using demons who were strong against force, but almost all of them were weak to electric.

So now I have fused some demons that are not weak to electric, hopefully I'll be able to beat Thor this time. He seems pretty tough!

Game is awesome so far. Did not much like the great underpass of ginza though. Design wise mostly.

Nocturne has some dated design choices--too much backtracking, and some arbitrary traps--but there's more than enough good to make up for it. One of the much later areas, the Tokyo Diet building, has some fascinating visual elements I've not really seen attempted elsewhere.

One suggestion I make very strongly, though: do not try to "game" the philosophical decisions you'll be tasked with occasionally. Use FAQs or GAF advice to help with battles, fusion, party makeup, sure. But don't even read comments about other people's story choices! Just give real answers, based on what you actually think. This greatly improves the power of the narrative and the way things play out.

Damn.. I'm stuck in the Kabukicho prison.. I have no clue where to go and I keep running into fights. I'm ok on health but my SP is getting super low. I'm on the third floor and I have that stone that lets me through the mirrors. Any help? I'm not looking to look up a lets play or something..

So far, game is still amazing. So glad I went out and got this. Thanks for all the helpful replies though!

Top Bottom