• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioware ends SP patches and content for ME Andromeda, multiplayer will continue

kulapik

Since the release of Mass Effect™: Andromeda, we’ve worked hard to address feedback from our community. From improving animations to expanding customization options, we looked to respond to your concerns, and build on what you loved.

With each patch, you let us know we were heading in the right direction, and we're grateful to everyone who joined us on this journey. We're proud of what we created, and we hope you enjoyed it as well.

Early in development, we decided to focus Mass Effect: Andromeda’s story on the Pathfinder, the exploration of the Andromeda galaxy, and the conflict with the Archon. The game was designed to further expand on the Pathfinder’s journey through this new galaxy with story-based APEX multiplayer missions and we will continue to tell stories in the Andromeda Galaxy through our upcoming comics and novels, including the fate of the quarian ark.

Our last update, 1.10, was the final update for Mass Effect: Andromeda. There are no planned future patches for single-player or in-game story content.

In the coming weeks, our multiplayer team will provide details of their ongoing support and upcoming content, including new multiplayer missions, character kits, and what’s in store for N7 Day.

We appreciate all the millions of people who came with us to the Andromeda galaxy. We hope to see you again in the Mass Effect universe.

https://www.masseffect.com/news/mass-effect-andromeda-update-from-the-studio

Jawmuncher

thank you so much EA /s

Couldn't even give us a SP DLC to close off that cliff hanger

The game failed and therefore EA isn't giving us any money for further support. Got it

They said it Was a financial success. Guess they figure it's not worth the work to do SP stuff due to the reception despite that

tenor.gif

I shouldn't be sad yet here I am.

gogosox82

Guess its not surprising but damn. SP dlc would have been nice since the game ends on a cliff hanger. I suppose that why you shouldn't end your game with sequel bait. Now your ending looks dumb when other people play it.

Hexa

If they just leave it as is, that greatly diminishes potential sales for the next entry. It gives me the impression that they don't think the Mass Effect franchise as a whole is the worth the effort in saving. >_>
Oh well. Maybe they'll work on a Star Wars RPG instead.

Spaghetti

I can understand why they're closing the book on this now, but it still must feel pretty shit for the ME:A team who spent years working on the game to have it end like this.

HardRojo

Fuck. Why couldn't they scrap Anthem and focus all of those resources on this? Is following the Destiny (albeit with a TPS) money that important? I guess it is...

In a way I hate Anthem for killing Andromeda, I know it's not fair to Anthem, but it definitely had a significant impact on what Andromeda ended up being and could not have been.

The game was designed to further expand on the Pathfinder’s journey through this new galaxy with story-based APEX multiplayer missions and we will continue to tell stories in the Andromeda Galaxy through our upcoming comics and novels, including the fate of the quarian ark.
So I guess that confirms we're never getting a sequel.

Or at least the next game will be a reboot.

Well, shit.

At least that explains the weirdness with that third MEA novel. They're probably rewriting the shit out of it to solve that storyline.

Seijuro

Is the expectation that EA/Bioware bury the Mass Effect franchise completely now?
What are the chances of EA/Bioware admitting to the games mistakes and present us with another, better Mass Effect in the near future?
To kinda "make it up" to the fans, like a FF14 1.0 and A Realm Reborn situation?

KDC720

I get it from a business perspective, the game was deemed a failure internally months ago right? and the franchise is on indefinite hold, why bother pumping more money in.

Sucks deeply from a player perspective, I still plan on picking up Andromeda at some point but I guess I can abandon all hope for any potential refinements or fixes.

theWB27

Is the expectation that EA/Bioware bury the Mass Effect franchise completely now?
What are the chances of EA/Bioware admitting to the games mistakes and present us with another, better Mass Effect in the near future?
To kinda "make it up" to the fans, like a FF14 1.0 and A Realm Reborn situation?

All about Anthem now...cause that ish looks amazing.

Maximo

Mass Effect is probably dead now, at least until they try to drag its corpse back out and dress it up when everyone has forgotten about it.

Kamisori

Neo Member
Fuck. Why couldn't they scrap Anthem and focus all of those resources on this?
The game is too broken at its core to be fixed.

Yet unfortunately it surely means that there won't be a sequel from Andromeda and that we aren't going to see the next Mass Effect (which will probably be a new spin-off or a reboot) before at least the end of the next decade or the decade after that. It could also be the last Mass Effect game (and the next cash cow will be the Anthem IP)

Top Bottom