• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD:WWII private beta.. free on Hong Kong PSN.

MattAces

Don't have to rush for it. Early access beta has always been free in SEA/HK region PSN.
Destiny 2, COD IW, Wildlands and every single past beta never requires a pre-order key.

Don't have to rush for it. Early access beta has always been free in SEA/HK region PSN.
Destiny 2, COD IW, Wildlands and every single past beta never requires a pre-order key.

I wonder why that is. Oh well, just makes me glad I made a hong kong account years ago.

MattAces

I wonder why that is. Oh well, just makes me glad I made a hong kong account years ago.

Two possibility.
-They are pushing console gaming more in SEA/HK, since most of these countries are known for F2P MMO, Dota 2 and LoL. Although, PlayStation is pretty much the dominant console here with Nintendo being second and maybe 5% of Xbox.
-Local law that doesn't allow them to force customer pre-order just for beta codes, I have no citation or whatever for this, just speculating. The last time we had codes for beta was Black Ops 2 I believe. And since then it's completely gone.

Either it's down already or I am doing something wrong, as beta is nowhere on the store for me

UPD: nevermind, its just burried stupidly

Caode

Pre-ordered from three different retailers (Amazon, Zavvi and thegamecollection) and still no code. Might have to go this route.

catspit

Have codes been sent out yet? I registered my Amazon code with the COD website but don't have anything from them yet

Between this and the fact that HK got the Danganronpa V3 english demo before EU and NA, I might be using a HK account more that I foresaw.

Hanmik

link doesn't work :(

try using a browser that never was used to log into PSN ... or delete all cookies (getting hungry here) and caches... if you open it in a browser where you have used PSN store before, you will log in to the store you normally use..

If anyone's having troubles finding it on the website, the easiest way to download the beta is to log on to your Hong Kong account on your PS4 - go to PS store - scroll down to "Pre-Order Now!" - the first option to the right is to download the beta.

Anyone who doesn't have a HK account, you can make one in 5 minutes (easy tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dqoVVN5e1A). It'ssimple and you'll never have to pre-order/pay for any betas again as the HK store hosts all big betas for free.

Peroroncino

If anyone's having troubles finding it on the website, the easiest way to download the beta is to log on to your Hong Kong account on your PS4 - go to PS store - scroll down to "Pre-Order Now!" - the first option to the right is to download the beta.

Anyone who doesn't have a HK account, you can make one in 5 minutes. It's very easy and you'll never have to pre-order/pay for any betas every again as the HK store hosts all big betas for free.

Or you can go into games -> game demos and it's also up there somehwere. It's still there and it's still working:

20989117_1626974367364396_5209212928144331618_o.jpg

So hurry up if you wanna check it without the whole pre-order bullshit.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Beta get! Thanks. Making an HK account for DOAx3 was a great idea.

I imagine you could delete the profile but the account would still exist, you'd just sign into it again.
No it's locked to that account so you'll have to use that account to play it

Hazaku

It's also free on the Singapore PSN store, so it probably applies to other SEA region PSN accounts as well.

Japan has it for 100 yen (via Credit Card) due to it most likely being rated Cero Z.

KillLaCam

Banned
It's also free on the Singapore PSN store, so it probably applies to other SEA region PSN accounts as well.

Japan has it for 100 yen (via Credit Card) due to it most likely being rated Cero Z.
Thanks! Just found it in the Singapore store.

jediyoshi

Tinúviel;246864816 said:

just follow the link (in a browser that you never used for PSN, or delete cache/cookies).

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...beta/cid=HP0002-CUSA09472_00-CODWWIIBETA00001

then log in with the newly made HK account..

Am I going crazy or is this literally the first thing already in the OP

Alias50

Neo Member
Thanks OP!

Just a note to everyone, I had trouble doing this on mobile. It would not let me log in, it just gave me an error and told me to contact customer support. It worked when I tried a desktop browser though. No VPN required either.

PSA: the Asian regions never have to pre order anything for betas, so keeping an HK account in your hands is pretty helpful. Also it won't be removed, free betas on HK PSN are intentional.

M.W.

Hmmm, it says it sent me a confirmation email to set up HK account, nothing is showing up.

Edit: It went to spam. I set up the account and purchased the beta. I assume all I need to do is go home and sign in with HK account and activate the PS4 as the primary?

Top Bottom