• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony "This will be the most brutal God of War you've played"

Sony's Interactive Entertainment Vice President of Marketing Asad Qizilbash says on the stream "The team said this will be the most brutal God of War you've played."
At 5:36:30 https://www.twitch.tv/videos/170227617 the full interview starts at 5:30:30

god-of-war-normal-hero-02-ps4-us-12jun17

Sony Santa Monica's God of War will come out early next year, and we still have quite a few months to wait, but today Sony Interactive Entertainment Vice President of Marketing Asad Qizilbash was at the GameStop Expo in Las Vegas to talk about the game.

According to Qizilbash Sony Santa Monica has a ”phenomenal" team working on God of War, and that gives them confidence. Early footage shows that they're in ”The right place" and he feels that people are going to be blown away.

We also hear that differently from the previous games of the series, what the development team really wants people to feel is caring for Kratos in the quieter moments.

Combat has changed as well: it's no more one versus many, but more focused on one versus one or versus two. It's more personal, strategic and visceral. It's also going to be ”the most brutal God of War ever."

Interestingly, Kratos' Leviathan Axe has been forged by the same dwarfs that made Thor's hammer (Sindri and Brokkr), and Qizilbash confirmed that it can be upgraded.
Article
And here I thought God of War 3 was brutal enough lol.

I couldn't care less if it's more brutal or not. I just want a lead that doesn't completely suck like the boring Kratos from previous games.

MattAces

Hacking with an axe and heavy impact, without a doubt it will be more brutal compared to blade of chaos.
Of course he will be ripping more heads off.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think I’m out then. I was very interested by the new direction they looked to be taking, but the ultra gore was a real turnoff in previous games and if it’s siimilar then I’ll just skip it unfortunately.

Tratorn

I think the new camera alone will make it the most brutal one already, even when they wouldn't change anything else.

KyleCross

I'm highly skeptical of that. Everything we have seen up to this point has shown the violence in the game to be far less gruesome and over the top as previous entries.

I think I’m out then. I was very interested by the new direction they looked to be taking, but the ultra gore was a real turnoff in previous games and if it’s siimilar then I’ll just skip it unfortunately.

It's based on extremely violent mythology. It needs to be brutal.

Ascenion

After God of War 3, that's not a positive.

really insensitive thing to boast about

Some of you really need to reconcile what God of War actually is after 6 games and whatever it is you wanted this new title to be. Otherwise you're gonna be disappointed come March.

MattAces

It's based on extremely violent mythology. It needs to be brutal.

Also the series is known for extreme violent. Yes, they went through a lot of changes, but it's still God of War.
Your profile picture is not confusing at all... was wondering why did you just replied to yourself.

Mediking

Also the series is known for extreme violent. Yes, they went through a lot of changes, but it's still God of War.
Your profile picture is not confusing at all. Was wondering why did you just replied to yourself.

GAF inception...

My most anticipated PS4 game. Can't wait. I've got a feeling it's going to be something special. Brutality is a key part of the series' identity so I'm glad they are maintaining that tradition, while ripping up the rule book elsewhere.

Top Bottom