• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 25th Ward: The Silver Case announced for the West

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tKh86iqt16A

2018, PS4 & PC, NISA localising.

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/25th-ward-silver-case-coming-west-2018

Here’s an overview of the game, via NIS America:

About

It is been five years since the events of 1999’s The Silver Case, set in the new 25th Ward that arose in the bayside area of Kanto. In a room of the “Bayside Tower Land” apartment complex, a woman is found murdered under mysterious circumstances. This sets off a series of seemingly random events bridging across multiple protagonists including The Silver Case’s Tokio Morishima. With all viewpoints assembled, a truly shocking pattern emerges…

Key Features

A Suda 51 Trip – Set in the “Kill the Past” universe, the series continues its bleak look into a semi-futuristic world on the edge of collapse and the misfits and antiheroes that inhabit it.
Brave New World – The return of the signature “Film Window” system is brought to The 25th Ward for the first time! New visuals, sounds, and controls capture the game in a fresh perspective.
One Story, Many Sides – Explore this dark take on Tokyo from three different perspectives, “Correctness,” “Placebo,” and “Matchmaker.”

daevious

ALL FIVE FANS OF THE SILVER CASE, GET YOUR ASSES IN HERE.

I'm so relieved this game is getting saved from mobile hell, in there day one.

Dear god I hope the translation is not as vague and nebulous as the first one. The first one reads like somebody translated the script line-by-line in a spreadsheet without seeing any context whatsoever of the action.

Itsuki

I already have the Japanese PS4 limited edition preordered after how the box of my silver case PC physical package arrived broken.
But I’m getting this day 1 on steam if it doesn’t get released after the Japanese PS4 version because I always wanted to play 25th Ward.

Jamix012

The Silver Case was interesting but parts of it honestly went over my head. Will this clear up some of the confusion?

Awesome.

With Flower, Sun & Rain on DS and Michigan released in Europe are all of Suda's Grasshopper games now available in English?

There's also Fatal Frame IV but that has been fan translated. Maybe someday some will do the same for the Blood+ PS2 game.

cj_iwakura

Dear god I hope the translation is not as vague and nebulous as the first one. The first one reads like somebody translated the script line-by-line in a spreadsheet without seeing any context whatsoever of the action.
I loved it. Suda vetted it, too. That said, most translations are done via spreadsheet... If not all of them.
Can't wait for 25W.

BiggNife

The lack of hype for this compared to NMH3 is astonishing. And saddening.

It's a sequel to a visual novel that just came out in english last year and had minimal marketing. Meanwhile NMH3 was literally a "One More Thing" on the Nindies direct.

I don't think it's all that astonishing.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So it looks like the LE is already up on NISA Store, but... you HAVE to buy it as a Silver Case LE bundle?! But I already own it!!

ShyMel

So it looks like the LE is already up on NISA Store, but... you HAVE to buy it as a Silver Case LE bundle?! But I already own it!!

Maybe someone just forgot to put up the 25th Ward only LE up on the website...and mention it in the email. Hopefully, they'll make a statement clearing the situation up.

Great news. I really, really hope this then leads on to a Flower, Sun & Rain remake (hopefully in the Travis Strikes Back engine).

ALL FIVE FANS OF THE SILVER CASE, GET YOUR ASSES IN HERE.

I'm so relieved this game is getting saved from mobile hell, in there day one.

Paging CJ_Iwakura, SumioMondo

I'm in for more messed up Suda!

Reporting for duty! This is an easy buy.

I definitely understood TSC more on my second playthrough on the PS4 (with the additional content). Those two additional short chapters they released did a good job of tying in the series together in rather cool ways.

AniHawk

this limited edition is going to be available at retail, the situation on nisa's store is for people who missed out on the first game's limited edition too.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
this limited edition is going to be available at retail, the situation on nisa's store is for people who missed out on the first game's limited edition too.

Retail as in Amazon and Gamestop, or NISA Store will include a separate listing soon?

Top Bottom