• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When the hell did Snatcher become so expensive?

Considering nobody has bitten on either of those copies I think it's fair to say it's not going for that much.

It has always been pricey, especially considering the Sega CD version is the only US release.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Take a look at those other games in the Sega CD second auction.

Jeopardy (oh alex)
Compton's Encyclopedia :lol
DUNE

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Take a look at those other games in the Sega CD second auction.

Jeopardy (oh alex)
Compton's Encyclopedia :lol
DUNE

I loved Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia for the CD-i. Best thing on there, really.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
on a sidenote, but related nonetheless, does kojima still treat this game like his redheaded stepchild, or does he look back on it fondly with maybe an eye towards a rerelease/remake? i know, i expect too much, just curious.

shidoshi said:
WOOHOO!

Ebay, here my copy of Snatcher comes!

new thread:

WHY WON'T ANY COPIES OF SNATCHER SELL
SERIOUSLY
WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE

DON'T EVEN LOOK AT EBAY IF YOU'RE TRYING TO SELL ONE
I'LL GIVE YOU $10

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I got my copy of snatcher for $65 USD back in the day. Worth every penny if you ask me.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
CO_Andy said:
You could just get the PSX version and wait for the translation patch.

I actually liked the Sega CD version better, actually. There were minor changes in the PSX version that didn`t really fly with me.

thetrin

_leech_ said:
Yea, down with censorship.

Bingo. That`s why I really like the Sega CD version.

thetrin

the year 20XX said:
Doesn't the PSX version have a bunch of crappy rendered stuff in it? Yuck.

Still, good enough for me, if there's a translation patch.

Yea, it does. The Sega CD version is almost identical to the MSX version, plus higher resolution, no censorship, and voices.

I sold Earthbound on eBay a couple months ago, and it went for around $150. Had the box with the strategy guide and everything, in good condition. It was one of the first games I sold, so I got spoiled real fast. Just sold MGS2 for like $7. Not even worth it.

Top Bottom