• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FaceApp has improved its female filter

Just got the alert tonight and thought I'd give it a whirl. It makes long hair a lot more realistic. Here's a comparison with a photo I took yesterday:

FEocroC.jpg

I3Cv1o7.jpg

xC3rb2e.jpg
EDIT: I should clarify - the first photo is the original female filter. The latter is the new female filter.

Wait, Killers Squirrel, what am I looking at?
FaceApp is a phone app that uses Google Deep Dream to morph faces. It probably uses Google images to learn the patterns, but it allows it to put your features on a hypothetical gender swapped version of yourself (what's in the OP), what you might look like when you're old (this one works really well) or what you'd look like with facial hair.

They recently released an update that improves the female filter. The male filter still needs a lot of work, unfortunately.

I won't be happy until they bring back race filters.
Those worked really well. It's such a shame people mostly used it to make racist jokes on Twitter.

I'm confused. OP is not actually female, the "would" joke is just a hypothetical compliment in case of alternate female reality.
Yeah. I've been trying to post the original photo of my (male) face, but imgur won't let me put it up for another hour. He probably wouldn't be attracted to the real me. Or maybe he would, I dunno.

It weirds me out not because it's an alternate reality version of me, but because it looks so much like my mother.

sarcastor

Gks0S0T.jpg

the old filter turned me into my dad

Heisenberg turned me into a suave black man

and the female filter turned me into a ladyboy

Audioboxer

I read the title as "removed" and thought here we go again, this app will be scaled back till it's just the picture of you... 4 identical times.

As for being improved, I thought that would be part of the AI learning process anyway? That's my rudimentary understanding of how these networks could work with data collection?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
No matter what picture I use it turns me into a toddler. Seeing my wife as a man amusing though.

Also laughing my ass off at all the ridiculous finger wagging and tongue clucking at the poster who said would. Unclench people.

Yohane

I don't get why some filters are available only in "collage mode".

Are they trying to limit people for faking selfies?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
the proper removal of your beard is pretty impressive, actually.
Like, how it the shape of your lips and your jawline.

Some of this shit is straight of magic.

Like on one OP posted, you can see the light behind the hair on the right. Doing something like that in photoshop would take forever.

m7HcKRK.jpg

Scary how on point this is. Young looks like me 10 years ago. Old looks like my dad 5 years ago. It even chose red highlights for female me somehow and I used to have red hair :/

I also look like a girl I used to know lol.

Top Bottom