• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FaceApp has improved its female filter

RockmanBN

Here's what I got:

oxWl581.jpg

Shredderi

Some people get turned into babies with the female option. I think it works best with more square or tall male faces. If your face is already pretty round like mine you might end up a baby.

The filter turns people into babies because in aggregate women retain more youthful features when they go through puberty (voice never drops, no facial hair, skin doesn’t thicken, jawline doesn’t change etc), whereas men tend to look haggard and older by comparison. It makes sense that male features deviate more from youth as female is the default human body plan. If you have a baby face (round or heart shaped face, big eyes, few wrinkles) already, it will group you in with images of children and the result is a baby.

No need to feel bad though as it just means you’ll age better.

Makes sense. I have a bad case of baby face.

A-V-B

The filter turns people into babies because in aggregate women retain more youthful features when they go through puberty (voice never drops, no facial hair, skin doesn't thicken, jawline doesn't change etc), whereas men tend to look haggard and older by comparison. It makes sense that male features deviate more from youth as female is the default human body plan. If you have a baby face (round or heart shaped face, big eyes, few wrinkles) already, it will group you in with images of children and the result is a baby.

Definitely saw that coming through with that image series of stacked female transforms. Turned into an alien-smooth jumpscare baby face.

sphagnum

Banned
I showed my picture to my fiancee and she said "You look like you'd be one of those Tumblr girls who are into yaoi."

Hmm.

Yeah I think I know why gaffer look like models as a female
C’mon now, the man has a face that looks like it was chiseled by angels. It’s not shocking that his female counterpart would also be good looking.

As for gaffers looking good as women but not as men - there are lots of features that look good on one gender but not the other.

Proelite

I think the base dataset for facial features are that of celebrities. As more people use it the bigger the dataset is.

Also the female version not only makes you better looking but it also subtracts 5 years from your age.

Top Bottom