• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blaster Master Zero updated to v1.4 (boss rush mode) as sales pass 110,000 units

YouTube via Nintendo Life

Page on Inti Creates' official site for the game detailing new features

Update available now and coincides with the game passing 110,000 units sold globally.. If the game isn't in your recents, highlight it, press +/- and check for software update.

The update adds a boss rush mode, a co-op boss rush mode exclusive to Switch, and even more save slots to accommodate the new characters, again, exclusive to Switch.

I've had a quick go post-update and it seems the issue with non-integer scaling on Switch has also been fixed. The (previously) obvious pixel crawl is no longer apparent when scrolling, and everything looks like a crisp 9:1 pixel mapping from the original 3DS visuals.

Robin64

I've had a quick go post-update and it seems the issue with non-integer scaling on Switch has also been fixed. The (previously) obvious pixel crawl is no longer apparent when scrolling, and everything looks like a crisp 9:1 pixel mapping from the original 3DS visuals.

Yes! This is what I've been waiting for.

Holy shit. They finally fixed the biggest problem with the game. It looked horrible in portable mode before but now it's top 10 GOTY material for me.

Presumably, though I think when Namco pushed an update for Namco Museum last week it wasn't in my recent list of 12 and that auto-downloaded.

Thanks. It's weird that everything doesn't just update automatically if you have that option enabled in Settings.

As for the topic at hand, this update sounds great. Baster Master Zero has been the gift that keeps on giving.

Emitan

Is there screenshots of this or something? I never noticed it.

Lizardus

Awesome news. Love BMZ and Inti Creates <3.

Glad they fixed the visual issues finally, I remember lot of people being miffed by it.

Is there screenshots of this or something? I never noticed it.

Took a screenshot of the game a couple of months ago. It looked like this:

DLYATcPXoAAX0Wb

I recreated that screenshot just to compare:

DLYAUBRXUAExAlZ

Probably need to zoom in to see it but the pixels are scaled evenly on the newest patch compared to before. Looks better in motion but especially in stills and menus.

Emitan

Took a screenshot of the game a couple of months ago. It looked like this:

I recreated that screenshot just to compare and it really looks better

Oh, if i look really closely I can see the difference but my eyesight is too poor to notice that while playing

Jazzem

Fantastic on the fixed integer scaling :D It didn't bother me that much, but I was still hoping they'd improve it. Fair play to inti, their post release support for this has been tremendous.

This has got me going back to the harder 'destroyer' mode, I'm digging how this forces you to not use the overpowered gunsin top down mode as well as all your sub weapons. Just wish there was a turbo rapid fire for the gun it forces you to use, my poor index finger D:

EmiPrime

Finally, now I can buy this game. The shimmering was headache inducing when I tried the demo.

Top Bottom