• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Paris Games Week 2017 Pre-Show to Host 7 New Game Announcements

sublimit

Banned
Countdown for Sony's Media Showcase

PGW-SIE_10-27-17.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment's Paris Games Week 2017 PlayStation Media Showcase, which will kick off at 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET on October 30, will host ”an exclusive look at the next wave of huge PlayStation titles," the company teased in a PlayStation Blog post.

But an hour before the press briefing begins, at 8:00 a.m. PT / 11:00 a.m. PT, Sony will host an introductory live stream featuring 21 game updates, including seven all-new game announcements for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR.

The official PlayStation Twitter account teases that, ”E3 was only half the story."

After the briefing, the PlayStation Blog will ”dive deeper into the biggest announcements" that come out of the show.

The PlayStation Media Showcase and introductory live stream at Paris Games Week 2017 will be live streamed on live.playstation.com, Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook.

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/sony-par...ed-pre-show-host-seven-new-game-announcements

Unknown?

This train doesn’t stop! 2017 thanks to Sony and Nintendo will go down as one of the best years in gaming history.

I’m not sure on the game announcements but there’s got to be a price drop for the Pro announced here. There’s been a lot of bundles for the system lately in the run up to the OneX so it seems inevitable to be reducing soon.

Unknown?

I’m not sure on the game announcements but there’s got to be a price drop for the Pro announced here. There’s been a lot of bundles for the system lately in the run up to the OneX so it seems inevitable to be reducing soon.
The regular PS4 is $199 for BF so it’s most likely getting a $50 permanent price drop.

Sjefen

Damn they really got me hyped with this blogpost, hope they dont overhype it. If they knock it out of the park with this show they can sell even more consoles this holiday.

sublimit

Banned
Damn they really got me hyped with this blogpost, hope they dont overhype it. If they knock it out of the park with this show they can sell even more consoles this holiday.

I doubt that all of them will be Sony (fully) exclusive titles.

Unknown?

I doubt that all of them will be Sony (fully) exclusive titles.
At the same time I bet they have a good number that are, even 4 would be great. Don’t want to pull a Microsoft where it’s almost all timed exclusives. I’m probably more excited to get new info on the games they’ve already announced like Detroit and Wild.

Alebrije

As far as I remember Sony left a lot of news/secrets for Paris GW. Do not know if on a E3 level but surely after E3 this shows is the biggest for Sony this year.

maybe we could get a release date for TLOU 2. Since it seems NG is done with Uncharted for now.

sublimit

Banned
As far as I remember Sony left a lot of news/secrets for Paris GW. Do not know if on a E3 level but surely after E3 this shows is the biggest for Sony this year.

maybe we could get a release date for TLOU 2. Since it seems NG is done with Uncharted for now.

I think PS experience will be bigger in terms of announcements.

I remember them having some decent announcements a few years ago, but the last year or two was pretty dull as far as PS announcements go, right? I'm always excited for new Playstation games (and love the continued VR support), but I barely remember getting excited over anything in recent years.

Unless I'm an idiot and am mixing up another European congerence, that is

Ostrava04

Can't wait to see what's going to be announced but I'm keeping my expectations in check. Expecting some mid tier games to be announced here while some bigger titles will be at PSX.

The God

I think the preshow will be heavy on PSVR/Playlink.

My baseless prediction is that the big reveal will be a new PS All Stars, gameplay will be at PSX.

est1992

I actually do see Sony making some pretty big announcements here. They want to try and pull as much of the attention away from the XB1X as they can. They can announce a bunch of new stuff here and show off the gameplay at PSX. It's a great move.

Pricken

Dammnit! Was getting ready to buy a pro tomorrow to finally play evil within 2 etc. but you guys might be right that it'll have a price drop announced on monday, so now I'm torn.

Dammnit! Was getting ready to buy a pro tomorrow to finally play evil within 2 etc. but you guys might be right that it'll have a price drop announced on monday, so now I'm torn.

I’d hold off unless you’re buying one which is already discounted/bundled with games. It’s probably only going to be £/$50 off but then Black Friday is approaching too and with the OneX launching Sony will obviously be targeting it with great deals on Pro.

Trying to think of big games that would make sense appearing here and not Psx. Only thing I'm more or less certain will show is most Detroit and horizon dlc. Some Japanese goodness would be appreciated.

Unknown?

Trying to think of big games that would make sense appearing here and not Psx. Only thing I'm more or less certain will show is most Detroit and horizon dlc. Some Japanese goodness would be appreciated.
Dreams? Mm is European. Also 2nd party collaborations like Wild. Some other surprises too. Probably some London Studio party games.

Grinchy

Banned
I wonder if they'll show off the new features in Skyrim VR since all we know about it 3 weeks away from launch is what was shown in the really early crappy vertical slice demo.

I actually do see Sony making some pretty big announcements here. They want to try and pull as much of the attention away from the XB1X as they can. They can announce a bunch of new stuff here and show off the gameplay at PSX. It's a great move.

Yeah it's probably a real good time to make a couple of interesting game announcements to take some of the headlines away. And I'm sure they'll also leave some big stuff for PSX reveals, since that seems to be up there with E3 now for them.

Yep it would be hitting into biggest Microsoft weakness at this time since One X launches with barely any content and future is also quite empty.

Osukaa

$199 PS4 is bonkers. For them to have it at this price is crazy. Just thinking back on PS3 and its pricing, this is a damn fine price.

If they drop the price that would be awesome! I know some people who want to buy a PS4 that would jump on that price. Also I heard someone mention another stab at a PS Allstars game. Although its unlikely id love to see them try to do it again but please just copy the Smash Formula and add enough bells and whistles to get people interested again.

Dargor

Well, I'm going to keep my hype in check, don't wanna be dissapointed. Gonna go at it like I went on TGS, came out even a little surprised at the things that were announced.

Unknown?

$199 PS4 is bonkers. For them to have it at this price is crazy. Just thinking back on PS3 and its pricing, this is a damn fine price.
I know the PS3 never even got that low unless you count the 12GB flash version. The standard only ever dropped to $219.

Top Bottom