• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Paris Games Week 2017 Pre-Show to Host 7 New Game Announcements

Thought the last game was Days Gone. Didn’t think we’d see TLOU2 for a while again or PSX at the earliest. Really not sure what they’re going to have left for PSX.

Thought (hoped) that SP game was Onimusha. An open world Feudal Japan could be great. Very interesting.

Very much a retread of their first party stuff. Was hoping Dreams would pop up. Though not long for God of War and Detroit by the looks.

labaronx

There is just so much in the backlog lol.

Well seeing this conference i am only midly excited for onrush and spiderman. And very excited for Monster Hunter. Was hoping for a price drop announcement but guess i have to wait on a deal when we get closer to Christmas.

They can still anounce a drop, this is just day 1

Newk86

Holy shit where did that all come from? I thought the one hour of indie games was going to be the whole thing and I was happy enough with that.

But then two player same room PSVR RTS, PSVR spy game Blood & Truth, Ghost, Last of Us footage (I was certain it was actually Days Gone) wow!

Traxtech

Thought the last game was Days Gone. Didn’t think we’d see TLOU2 for a while again or PSX at the earliest. Really not sure what they’re going to have left for PSX.

Thought (hoped) that SP game was Onimusha. An open world Feudal Japan could be great. Very interesting.

Very much a retread of their first party stuff. Was hoping Dreams would pop up. Though not long for God of War and Detroit by the looks.

Glad I wasn't the only one to instantly think it was an Onimusha game

Aloy in Monster Hunter is a great touch.

I think Jim Ryan isn’t a good presenter. I don’t think he cracked a smile or showed any emotion or excited so the presentation felt rather subdued.

Not the best show but decent. Some new games and revisits from already announced but the presentation lacked and nothing too major new, though SP’s game has great potential.

Faenix1

This is the first time I've actually been made interested in Detroit. Not a day one but I fully intend to get it now at some point.

Newk86

I hadn't seen much of Detroit before now, but that trailer made it look like it was almost just a single house scenario puzzle game. I was under the impression that it was a lot larger in scope than that, as in; like a whole city, hours of story, multiple characters etc.

I hadn't seen much of Detroit before now, but that trailer made it look like it was almost just a single house scenario puzzle game. I was under the impression that it was a lot larger in scope than that, as in; like a whole city, hours of story, multiple characters etc.

I think it’ll be like Heavy Rain where there’s multiple characters with their own stories but all connected in a wider story.

Trogdor1123

It will be, every other trailer has shown something different. This will be the same.

eso76

Eh, wasnt sure at first but it only took a few seconds to realise it couldn't be anyone but naughty dogs with dem graphics.

That wasn't Ellie. Didn't look like the Ellie from the old trailer and the infected at last were supposed to be the revealing twist there.

In other news, "you know GAF we really are the last of us"

Snip: already pointed out.

Unknown?

Hmmm no price drop eh? Wonder when it’ll be announced? We already know a $199 BF price so the standard price has to go down before then.

Joe T.

Concrete Genie wound up being the most interesting game to me, though I haven't watched the whole show yet. There was a creativity and sense of wonder to it to I love to see from the smaller studios. I like the progress the bigger studios are making on a technical level, especially Naughty Dog, and the stories they're able to deliver with that tech, but I seem to be at a point where the big budget games feature gameplay that just isn't doing enough to keep me coming back anymore.

[NaK]

Well f*ck, I missed the live show due to a late train home from work... Is there any videos up of the whole show?

fbutron

What!!!!! Cant wait for Last of Us 2....

OMG that trailer was awesome specially the atmosphere

P.D. Sony needs to stop with this only trailer conferences...=( I can watch all the trailers on their blog....we need to hear the developers and tell us what are they looking and the scope of the games

P.D. 2 Also live gameplays

Decent show, was great to see another new AAA IP, good luck to Sucker Punch, looks a great concept. Sadly my twitter has turned into yet another exclusives "debate", I'm following the wrong people.

NahaNago

Concrete Genie wound up being the most interesting game to me, though I haven't watched the whole show yet. There was a creativity and sense of wonder to it to I love to see from the smaller studios. I like the progress the bigger studios are making on a technical level, especially Naughty Dog, and the stories they're able to deliver with that tech, but I seem to be at a point where the big budget games feature gameplay that just isn't doing enough to keep me coming back anymore.

The only thing I'm worried about with Concrete Genie is the fact that I'm not that creative. It does look amazing and I'm still extremely hyped for the game.

Vlightray

So in Summary:

Big Reveal : Ghost of Tsushima

Reveal: Concrete Genie

Playlink Game: Erica

VR : Blood & Truth

Exclusive Deal: Monster Hunter X Horizon DLC (play as Aloy)

Reveal: ONRush

Update: Marvel's Spiderman

Update: Detroit:Become Human

Update: God Of War

Update: Horizon The Frozen Wilds DLC

Update: Shadow Of The Colossus

Update: The Last Of Us Part II

**excludes most partnership games :Call Of Duty,Destiny 2 etc.. and Montages.

I enjoyed the show short sweet and to the point with the awesome trailers especially the highlight The Last Us of Us Part II and Detroit:Become Human looking to be stellar.

Good job Sony.

Oh and singleplayer alive and kickn.

This was actually a good show, but I wasn’t expecting much. Sucker punch’s new game looks like it could be pretty good. It’s quite the departure from infamous.

This show was short and really sweet. Didn't expect it to be this good. And just when I thought I am done with most of the gaming, Sony pulled me back in. Even PSVR is looking really attractive to me now. Well done Sony.

A very strong conference with a trim, tight, effective run time and presentation, yet again the all game, little talk format pays dividends, was pleasantly surprised at the less then an hour run time.

Oh, and this caught me off guard, did NOT expect PGW, so soon before PSX, to have some heavy announcements. A great conference no matter what type of game youare into.

This is one of the conferences that had both hardcore and mass market appeal, and they pulled it off almost effortlessly. I've said it a few times before, peak sony is scary, they are hitting all of the right notes with the right hardware,software and presentation to the consumer.

So in Summary:

Big Reveal : Ghost of Tsushima

Reveal: Concrete Genie

Playlink Game: Erica

VR : Blood & Truth

Exclusive Deal: Monster Hunter X Horizon DLC (play as Aloy)

Reveal: ONRush

Update: Marvel's Spiderman

Update: Detroit:Become Human

Update: God Of War

Update: Horizon The Frozen Wilds DLC

Update: Shadow Of The Colossus

Update: The Last Of Us Part II

**excludes most partnership games :Call Of Duty,Destiny 2 etc.. and Montages.

I enjoyed the show short sweet and to the point with the awesome trailers especially the highlight The Last Us of Us Part II and Detroit:Become Human looking to be stellar.

Good job Sony.

Oh and singleplayer alive and kickn.

I want Detroit, Tlou, SoTC, Gow and Tsukushima plus Horizon expansion - no idea how I'll manage all that with my backlog :D

Raitaro

This presentation left me quite lukewarm I have to admit, and that is coming from someone who usually gets excited quite easily. I guess I just wanted more Japanese stuff from Sony, not "just" indies and Western AAA games.

No Bloodborne 2 or any FROM game, no Ridge Racer, no DMC5, REmake 2 or other Capcom surprises, no Konami (yeah, yeah insert pachinko meme here) games like a surprise new Castlevania, no Sony Japan Studio new game (or Tokyo Jungle remake) outside of the (imo awesome looking) SotC remake. Nothing from Sega, Atlus, Squenix - outside of FFXV or Platinum.

More games that tie to dormant Sony (associated) IP would also have made up for this, but alas, no Legend of Dragoon sequel/reboot, Jumping Flash VR game, new Wipeout, new Twisted Metal, or new Ape Escape either. Not even a surprise Crash Team Racing DLC pack for the Crash remake.

The only thing that got me genuinly excited outside of SotC was Spelunky 2. Even God of War, which previously managed to win me over completely despite never being into the series that much, now seemed less interesting due to the boy's constant yapping.

Oh well, as long as most here are happy I guess they did a good job. And I'm sure some of those indies shown will end up being right up my alley after I've seen more of them or tried them myself so I won't write any of the games shown today off for now.

sublimit

Banned
Has anyone already got Oure? That game came out of nowhere for me and i thought it looked interesting from the trailer as it reminded me of Abzu and Journey.

pcostabel

Gold Member
Has anyone already got Oure? That game came out of nowhere for me and i thought it looked interesting from the trailer as it reminded me of Abzu and Journey.

I bought it but I'm at work. I could post impressions tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Jigolo

Now that this is out of the way I think we can make predictions on PSX? My guess is

Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer
Final Fantasy 7 RE trailer
Ghost of Tsushima gameplay
A real God of War trailer and release date
Detroit Release date
Media Molecule in some fashion

That's about as much as I can muster up but I know there will be some multiplat stuff, DLC announcements, and indies.

I think Dreams has turned into Nightmares. Certainly a game that was announced too soon. I mean it could still come next year but there’s little to no showing or if it still exists.

Top Bottom