• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS "under review" (temp not being sold direct) at Amazon [Up: Under Review Again]

Yep, I think longer actually. You could buy it through 3rd party sellers but Amazon itself wasn't selling.

EDIT: I think started in July, was in stock temporarily from the time between July and October (although I believe there were many times where it wasn't in stock) and then from October until now it has pretty much been out of stock the whole time.

So that's why 3DS monthly sales in NPD threads have been lower than expected? I would hope we've been accounting for this.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Not really. You searched for it on Amazon, you'd still be able to buy it. It's not like they gave a shit it wasn't Amazon's name as a seller.

I remember, since it wasn't sold directly by Amazon, prices were higher than normal. So, not so many people ready to spend more money XD

Still, I don't know how much of an influence it could have had on the actual 3DS US sales...especially considering last Holiday it did HOT.

Effect

I do wonder how big of an impact Amazon has on game and hardware sales. The 3DS wasn't being sold by them for a long time and ordering off of Amazon is very easy if one is looking for a game system. Especially if you don't want to go out of your way to buy one and don't want to worry about sales tax. Sure there are 3rd party sellers but their prices are usually higher then the norm and that's easy to spot.

Is Amazon tracked by NPD? If Amazon sales are estimated and the NPD were unaware of this then 3DS sales may have actually been lower than reported.

I mean, most likely not but it's possible.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Is Amazon tracked by NPD? If Amazon sales are estimated and the NPD were unaware of this then 3DS sales may have actually been lower than reported.

I mean, most likely not but it's possible.

No, because Nintendo internal tracker ( various PRs before NPDs PRs ) has always reported similar numbers.

Reallink

Did we every figure out why it was gone for so long? Was it really down to excessive returns over scratching and/or hinges?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Responses at the top of the page are hilarious. It's been less than a year, but it seems like ages.

Would be interested in knowing what has been going on behind the scenes with all this.

Top Bottom