• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seoul Fashion Week: K-Pop to Double Eyelid Surgery (Vice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
Really interesting video that explores certain cultural aspects that surround Korean fashion and popular culture.

The Fashion Week videos from Vice all tend to be pretty cool little looks at very specific slices inside of different cultures. I also recommend checking out the Colombian fashion week video (which funnily enough also has a big focus on plastic surgery).

Fair warning: It's 34 minutes long and towards the end there's a scene where they're filming a woman having some plastic surgery done.

The couple picking out similar underwear might be my favorite part. I have never d'awwed so audibly before. Such an adorable pair.

Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes; I'm on mobile!

OatmealMu

I watched it last night. The interview with the boy band was strange stuff.
The crew being shuffled out when it was revealed that, yes, they are indeed boys with boy feelings made me laugh. The D-Unit girls and their group-defined personalities was suitably disturbing.

El Sloth

Banned
The crew being shuffled out when it was revealed that, yes, they are indeed boys with boy feelings made me laugh. The D-Unit girls and their group-defined personalities was suitably disturbing.
Yeah, that part made me laugh too.
The spontaneous air humping was gold. They wanted Charlet so bad, haha.

I wonder if one-on-one interviews are discouraged. The whole "boyish innocence" thing was pretty strange too (the part right before the interview). The story about the death threats was funny for all the wrong reasons.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad

Yes, damn them for expressing their interest in the opposite sex. PR lady Ninja'ed the conversation.

Slayven

I love Sohee and CL

sohee.jpg

9wRL6.jpg

T.O.P

Banned
Really really nice vid

"K-pop, that's what korea is best known for culturally atm, how does this make you feel?"
"The fact that their taste in fashion and music is being widely spread across the world is quite embarassing"

i love this guy

also "Off to the sunset, to bang like rabbits"

holy fuck ahahah

@going to Seoul in a couple of weeks btw, really curious/scared about this place

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
@going to Seoul in a couple of weeks btw, really curious/scared about this place

I wouldn't sweat it, lived in Seoul for 5 years and while I don't have the greatest comprehension of Korean, it was never hard to get around to where I wanted to go. Just be sure to pick up on some basic phrases and you'll be fine, some areas have a lot of people who speak english, such as the Itaewon shopping district. Not to mention there is a military base at Yongsan so you will see plenty of Americans around there.

If anything, I definitely recommend going to the electronics market, probably the biggest amount of vendors for video games (or computer parts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom