• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just held the WiiU controller for the first time...

God damn that thing is huge. I cannot imagine playing anything for an extended period of time with it. Has anyone else played it yet? What are your impressions of the controller.

I can see myself having an easy enough time with a more laid back adventure title like Zelda, or even Mario, but... how about playing something like Ninja Gaiden 3 or Bayonetta 2 on this sucker?

Hm, a lot of people have said it's smaller than they expected. Anyway mine will be the first one I hold in my hand, and it will be special.

kunonabi

My hands are pretty small but the controller felt just fine. The fact that it is so light certainly helps. It was certainly wider than I imagined but wasn't distracting at all. I'm looking forward to using it on a regular basis.

Shabutaro

I personally thought it felt pretty comfortable. It looked huge and daunting at first, but almost didntt even notice the size or (light) weight after a few minutes. The only time i was reminded of it is when i have to rotate it for any reason

Hiltz

The only slight issue I had as mentioned in the demo station hands-on impressions thread, is that it may take some people a little getting used to the position of the right analog stick above the face buttons. Size and weight of the controllers aren't a problem in my opinion.

Erv

I held it the other day at target and not only is it lighter than i expected but the screen looks much better than I thought. and it was so responsive. I was left impressed

I got a hold of it since they put up the kiosk at my job. It surprisingly light and very comfy. I didn't have a problem with the size of it. In fact, I feel the Touchscreen is a bit small. Also the console looks very odd though. It seemed ok looking at picture, but after seeing it in person, it is very weird.

Platy

God damn that thing is huge. I cannot imagine playing anything for an extended period of time with it. Has anyone else played it yet? What are your impressions of the controller.

How old were you when the first XBOX launched ?

The comparable size of my hands at that time with the hugeness of the controller makes the WiiU controler melts in my hand

Fox Mulder

I was impressed with the controller, but I have American man hands and loved the duke Xbox controller. I guess it is surprising that a Japanese company would make such a big controller though.

I went to Target today and got a chances to hold one. I liked the weight, but the way it felt was weird. Reminded me of some sort of huge toy. Too bad there was only videos and no demos on the kiosk at the moment.

Hmmmm so far I've heard lots pf positive things about the controller from people I know

It's very light and I tried mimicing CoD on it and it felt good enough for me, and I can play on my bed :D it's gonna be sick

Should have went to the Wii u impressions though :p

Bgamer90

Banned
I was about to try it on Friday after getting NFS Most Wanted.

Someone else was using it at the demo kiosk and complained to the clerk that it was a bit unresponsive. The clerk then said, "It came into the store with sticky stuff all over it."

I immediately thought to myself: "NOPE. Not touching it (lol)."

I was about to try it on Friday after getting NFS Most Wanted.

Someone else was using it at the demo kiosk and complained to the clerk that it was a bit unresponsive. The clerk then said, "It came into the store with sticky stuff all over it."

I immediately thought to myself: "NOPE. Not touching it (lol)."

Nintendo fans are fervent.

pringles

Do you have trouble holding your hands further apart than the width of a Dual Shock/360 controller? Are you unable to drive a car for an extended period of time?

If the answer to any of these questions is 'yes', please seek medical help immediately.

Boss Man

Do you have trouble holding your hands further apart than the width of a Dual Shock/360 controller? Are you unable to drive a car for an extended period of time?

If the answer to any of these questions is 'yes', please seek medical help immediately.
I don't have any problems holding a textbook open for long periods of time, but that doesn't mean it's a practical size for a video game controller.

It probably just takes getting used to, I'm sure they've tested this extensively to get the right screen size vs. controller size ratio. But it's an obvious and legitimate gripe and it's silly for people to get so defensive about it.

Even if i hate the controller im going to convince myself its great because i love Nintendo.

I dont mind admitting these feelings.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Wait, did you find it too big or too heavy?

Also, are you one of those person with freakishly small hands?

Figures.......

When I played with the GamePad for the first time, it just felt great to hold. It fits my hands perfectly and all the buttons are easy reach - even the top and bottom shoulder buttons. I also watched some little kids playing it as well and they seemed to not have any issues whatsoever either......

brainpann

It felt great when I held it. I even played Takamaru's Ninja Castle (seriously fun) for quite a while and didnt have any problems.

On a side note, Takamaru's Ninja Castle is basically a light gun shooter but with
paper
Ninja's and throwing stars. Just let that sink in for a moment.

Top Bottom