• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creative Assembly to make Warhammer Fantasy games

Keasar

Edit: This is about Warhammer Fantasy, THQ holds the license for Warhammer 40.000.

http://www.creative-assembly.com/se...ith-games-workshop-to-create-warhammer-games/

SEGA and Creative Assembly Announce Partnership with Games Workshop to Create Warhammer Games

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON – 11AM GMT, December 6, 2012 – SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced that Creative Assembly™, award-winning creator of the Total War™ series, and SEGA® Group have entered into a multi-title licensing deal with Games Workshop® to create videogames based in the Warhammer® universe of fantasy battles.

Diggity! Actually, this is a dream come true for me.

This doesn't impact relic/THQ in the slightest.

They need to make a Warhammer game like Spartan: Total Warrior first. Then Altdorf: Total WAAAGH.

"What's Warhammer fantasy and how is it different to 40K?"

It's fantasy, 40K is Sci-fi.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best news ever!

Anyone else remember the Warhammer Fantasy strategy games like Dark Omen or Shadow of the Horned Rat?

1056639218.jpg

125_18.jpg

dark-omen_01fdkk0.jpg

darkomen_02n9kot.jpg

I loved those games... so very, very hard and rewarding.

Anyone else remember the Warhammer Fantasy strategy games like Dark Omen or Shadow of the Horned Rat?

1056639218.jpg

125_18.jpg

I won't say it's the best game I've ever played, but it's probably the game I have the fondest memories of. Dark Omen was good, but Mark of Chaos demo was a huge disappointment so I never tried the full game.

CA are a good match, tactical combat in Total War games has obviously been hugely inspired by SotHR and Dark Omen. Hopefully something good comes out of this.

Let's keep this Fantasy masturbation going. I'm looking forward to seeing a roiling mass of Skaven pouring over the landscape, being met by a colourful slew of violent, snapping lizardmen.

TaroYamada

OHHHHH FUCK. Meltdown over here, please CA put resources OUTSIDE the combat. I hate that shit in RTS games, COMBAT ONLY REAL TIME.

Fucking meltdown over here.

deleted

Watch it becoming Creative Assembly's first FPS.

Seriously, can't wait to see the result of this license - developer dream-team. 2014 earliest is my guess?

Best news I've heard all year. And when the 40K license is inevitably lost by THQ, I hope Creative Assembly is there to pick that up, too.

Binabik15

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best news ever!

1056639218.jpg

125_18.jpg

dark-omen_01fdkk0.jpg

darkomen_02n9kot.jpg

I loved those games... so very, very hard and rewarding.

I never got very far in Shadow of the Horned Rat on PSone as a kid. But Skaven are the best, so it's no biggie that they won.

RTS Warhammer would be cool, but a good action game would be even better.

PS: I have Mark of Chaos, I should actually play it.

jaosobno

Great news considering that Warhammer (both Fantasy and 40K) are my favorite universes! I still remember how epic Dark Omen was (my favorite mission was the one where you have to take out Black Grail)

alstein

This could be really awesome.

My only gripe is CA needs to make their games perform better- they tend to be sluggish even on fairly beefy machines.

Almighty

Warhammer: Total War is something I can get behind. I always hoped CA would try their hand at a fantasy setting Total War.

Corto

Great news. Though it's not the 40K license, I would be pleased with them getting that one too. Games Workshop is maybe just waiting for THQ to kick the bucket to start talking with Sega.

Top Bottom