• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Internet doppelganger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amagon

Mine is a fellow by the nick "squidbiscuit", who happen to draw fetisch art:

http://squidbiscuit.tumblr.com/

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/069/3/a/farm_boys_by_squidbiscuit-d5xmk3a.png

Yeah... I need to change my nick.

qPzceHs.gif

Really now, what the fuck!

I can't play this game with any of my nicks :(

Though my website addy is shared by some theater group, who hilariously enough, used my @gmail on their webpage instead of something else. Apparently they assumed they could get it.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I've seen other people use variations of my avatar, both on other message boards and in TF2.

Doesn't look like there are any other Buddha Beams, but my other common nick, samfish, is everywhere nowadays. I remember back in 2006 a google search for it would be all my various profiles. Then it slowly started to include Rainbow 6 fans taking the name. Then Facebook and Twitter exploded and quite a few people use that name now. Haha- I have it on Twitter, but there are plenty of others with digits and such after their names. Since I don't use Twitter much, the only tweets I get are people accidentially tweeting me.
My other common nick, Mr. Fap-Fap, is now used by people a lot too. Oh, I remember when I was the only one with that name, too.

I sometimes contemplate changing my GAF name to one of those.

trinest

Some chick has an instagram of trinest.

Though most of the older social network sites I've taken trinest and forgotten the account if mine is a different url or id.

Jzero

There's another gaffer named JzeroT1437. His post always get highlighted for me. We never seem to post in the same threads though.
There is also another person on the internet that uses the name Jzero and people always confuse me with him asking me if i am an IGN member.

I searched my (real) name in Steam recently and found someone with the exact same first and last name who lives in the same city as me.

I'm still creeped out about it.

KissVibes

Banned
I searched my (real) name in Steam recently and found someone with the exact same first and last name who lives in the same city as me.

You need to consider the chance that someone stole your identity. Or that you're using the real identity of someone else.

I've met six Alex Smiths and two Emily Smiths now - across two cities. Some names are just insanely common.

K.Sabot

My name comes after a device that is used to fire projectiles from bores that are larger than the intended size of the projectile, so I get a bunch of tank enthusiasts.

I shared almost the exact same name with someone in high school. Only difference was the middle name. I definitely took advantage of that predicament a couple of times with school officials.

akira28

its a popular name, apparently. I thought I was being original, but I guess that's kinda hard on a planet with 7 billion people on it.

blamite

Unknown to me at the time I chose this name for GAF, someone already has the XBL gamertag "blamite." I found this out when I tried to change my gamertag to that. It hasn't been used in years either so I probably won't ever get it unless Microsoft starts deleting old accounts again. :/

Also someone on Deviantart has the name blamite but they haven't done anything with the account and I don't art so i don't really care.

Oh and some guy has a pony RP account on Twitter using a similar name. It's weird.

Honestly I'm pretty surprised anyone else has the same name as me, I figured the reason I chose it was fairly obscure.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
There's a Lucian Cat on facebook. Seems to be an actual cat too. Google doesn't show much else. I seem to be a unique flower here

alazz

Someone on last.fm uses my name and registered a couple years before I joined, then she went inactive a month after she joined. Nice.

http://www.last.fm/user/alazz

I don't like it one bit. My name is derived from my actual name and I kinda feel as if I'm entitled to it, and more so than someone whose name is nothing even close to Alazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom