• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 way cross buy (PS4/PS3/Vita) in the works?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Saw this in the Hohokum (new Honeyslug + Sony Santa Monica PSN game) thread and thought it deserved a new thread.

Yes.gif

DigitalOp

Banned
This is amazing.

So amazing that it cant be true.

And if it is true, I commend Sony for breaking the "game publishers are trying to rape us" mold that has taken over the industry

AndyD

aka andydumi
Good stuff. I wonder how many, if any, PSN games released this year will be that way when the PS4 comes out.

Basil

Banned
Hells yeah three way!

Just like Kristen Stewart going skiing with those two dudes in the car in that shit movie she was in a while back. (On the Road?)

Mileena

Banned
Amazing in the age where Nintendo charges you three times to download the same shitty NES games on 3DS, Wii U and Wii. Sony gets it.

That would be glorious.

If this was limited to digital purchases *only* (hypothetically) I would buy a TON more digital games.

That kind of stuff would definitely help get buyers during the generational transition.

Plus, it's always awesome when you buy a new console and already have games on it.

orioto

Good Art™
I was thinking it could be a great transition tool to actually have some of the big last PS3 games sold with an uprezed PS4 version in he box. Like.. Buy GTAV on PS3, get a PS4 version (with the pc equivalent IQ).

Alec

Why would you play it on PS3 if you have a PS4? This seems sort of superfluous.

Well, if you buy the PS3 version, you would also get the PS4\Vita versions (in case you ever upgraded\extra incentive to upgrade).

As far as buying the PS4 version and getting the PS3\Vita versions...I suppose it would give you more of an ability to go to your buddy's house and continue your game if they only owned a PS3.

Either way...more is better.

Maybe this could be a workaround for some older PSN games on the PS4? If the devs are willing to re-code it to work with the PS4, maybe?

ascii42

Why would you play it on PS3 if you have a PS4? This seems sort of superfluous.

My thought is you'd play it on PS3, then when you got a PS4, the PS4 version of the game would be there waiting, so you don't have to worry about backward compatibility.

After you buy a PS4, I guess it depends on if you have your PS3 still hooked up to the same TV. If you've moved it to your bedroom, or whatever, then you might still play that version.

sonto340

You don't own a PS4 yet and play the game on PS3. You later buy PS4 and you own the PS4 version of the game without having to buy it again. Simple.
This. Its what I'm doing with Vita crossbuy now. If I ever buy a Vita I've got 5 or 6 games for it already

krae_man

It will be like buying a Disney Bluray. There will be like 18 disks inside. The 3D disk, the Regular Bluray disk, the special features disk, the DVD, the digital Copy disk, etc.

Basil

Banned
If it wasn't likely bannable, this would probably be the perfect thread for a gif of Total Recall's "Baby you make me wish I had three hands" bit.

Top Bottom