• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita megapack listed on a retailer, time to save vita?

Wp7hjK0.jpg

PlayStation Mega Pack includes: - 8GB memory card to store your games, apps, videos, music and photos on your PS Vita - Voucher to download 10x PS Vita games from the PlayStation Store including LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, Wipeout 2048, Motorstorm RC plus 7 more titles

http://www.bigw.com.au/entertainmen..._AID122992/ps-vita-playstation-vita-mega-pack

$44 dollars, amazing value, releases a few days after e3 19/06/2013

Pretty good offer.

However, why not sell this WITH the Vita?

This seems like it is sold seperately.

Not going to spur new sales like that.

Duxxy3

Throwing in a shitload of games would certainly make it easier to choke down the insane cost of those memory cards.

RMI

Banned
not a bad offer.

still waiting for the price to come down on 32gb cards though. don't need another 8gb card.

I'd rather spend the money on PS+ and get Wipeout and Uncharted for $50 PLUS 1-year of PS+ games.

edit: oh nvm, it comes with an 8GB card too (that's what $39.99?)

Funny how Motorstorm RC and Frobisher are free games though.

WOAH! I'd definitely pick this up for the memory card and LBP alone!

Edit: I also want to wait on news for memory card price drops because I want a 16GB or 32GB card depending on price.

sakipon

Some of those are free games... Okay, Frobisher has got DLC but Ecolibrium doesn't, unless they gift some consumable tokens.

Decent deal on LBP and wipeout, everything else is meh. Call me when they put out a bigger than 32gb card. I'm tired of cleaning the fridge.

Ocaso

Is Lemmings just the PSN release for PSP1?

Man, that was an amazing game with an amazing soundtrack.

I think there's a Vita specific version that has some levels as free to play.

Anyways this is a great value and finally justifies upgrading from the 4 GB card I got with the Liberation bundle.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I am not seeing the "nice deal" people are saying.

Tiny 8gb card with a bunch of subpar games except maybe 2-3 that can pass as decent.

DJ_Lae

I don't know the filesizes offhand but would those free games even all fit on an 8GB card?

I've got a 32GB, have five or six full games, some arcade stuff, a handful of PS1 games, two or three PSP games and that card is basically full.

only real saver would be too drop the price on those memory cards....
not paying nearly 100 bucks for a proper SD.
stuck with my 8 GB for the moment, not playing games because of that

krae_man

That is pretty much those 10 games free since $45 seems like the normal price of 8gb memory cards.

This so much. I would love a year of PS+ bundled with a 16GB or 32GB memory card.

$45 is the normal price of a 8gb memory card so hopefully the free games bundle will be available for all memory card sizes.

Smart play. Sony has a younger demographic in EU territories and I think that's why they went after things like Epic Disney 2 and the next Rayman game.... and this seems squarely aimed at them also.

bebop242

lol that 8 gig card prob won't be big enough to store all those games at once. Hope they release a 32gig with a similar deal.

Meier

Too bad you'll never be able to buy anything else and probably can't even download all of that as is. I haven't re-upped my PS Plus because my 8 GB is full and I refuse to buy a bigger card until they pull their head out of their ass. The 32 GB card should be $40, let alone a 16 GB card being $60.

ZeroAKA

$45 is the normal price of a 8gb memory card so hopefully the free games bundle will be available for all memory card sizes.
It retails for $30. I can see LittleBigPlanet Vita being free on PS+ by October (or whenever the major yearly Vita refresh will be).

I don't know the filesizes offhand but would those free games even all fit on an 8GB card?

I've got a 32GB, have five or six full games, some arcade stuff, a handful of PS1 games, two or three PSP games and that card is basically full.

Racket and clank is only game there thats 3GB, wipeout and lbp are like 1GB each, rest are tiny 50-500MB downloads.

It retails for $30. I can see LittleBigPlanet Vita being free on PS+ by October (or whenever the major yearly Vita refresh will be).
This is a Australian retailer, US pricing is different.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Too bad you'll never be able to buy anything else and probably can't even download all of that as is. I haven't re-upped my PS Plus because my 8 GB is full and I refuse to buy a bigger card until they pull their head out of their ass. The 32 GB card should be $40, let alone a 16 GB card being $60.

Exactly. I'm still using a 8gb and i could use a bigger one, but i'm not paying the ridiculous prices they are asking, and if their strategy is to add a bunch of random games to sweeten the deal, then i'm never buying a bigger card.

Goldrusher

They'll also sell 8 GB cards bundled with the same voucher for €39.99.

- LittleBigPlanet Vita
- WipEout 2048
- Little Deviants
- MotorStorm RC
- Frobisher Says
- Ecolibrium
- The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character
- (PSP) Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
- (PSP) Everybody's Golf 2
- (minis) Hungry Giraffe

edit: Wait, this thread is about the memory card bundles. Thought it was about this new Vita bundle:

91WVF17EJ5L._SL500_.jpg

The memory card size is pathetic .-.
Every single console bundle to date came with either no card, or a 4 GB card.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This is smart. They should have done this from the beginning, makes the cards feel like less of a ripoff if you just throw a bunch of stuff onto it.

qko

I want to make a comparison, what's the retail value of the games? If Sony had gone with SD Cards you can easily find 8GB SD cards for $8-$10.

Top Bottom