• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Gameplay Premiere

I'll update this post as news comes along.

Madness

Thanks Dax. I'm at gym and can't really get the stream for the gameplay. Even GAF is having trouble. Would be nice to see all the info in one place. #DestinyGAF.

Krilekk

Banned
So they quit Halo to make a Halolands without the iconic characters and established IP. Yet manage to keep the same enemy types. the same weapons and the same colossal architecture. They walked away from Halo to do ... a worse Halo. Ridiculous. And incredibly boring demo, you can see it's built for 360.

neoism

ibzjim0Eu1TspP.gif

dat fucking ART design All over my face

This game will be the new World of Warcraft. I wasn´t hyped at all before but the gameplay at Sony´s conference was amazing looking.

oo1ml5c.gif

Justin

Was it freezing every 30 seconds or so? The same thing happened on my stream when they were playing AC4 but I didnt see anyone else mention it.

Corsick

Borderlands without the icky (imo) art style. I just don't like the cell shaded look that much in that game, although the game play itself is solid. Destiny has interested me a lot with the loot. Being a Diablo 2 fanatic....I might not be able to resist.

Trey

Too much like Borderlands. Dammit Bungie.

I suppose I saw too much carried over from Halo (same run animations, jetpacks, even saw the armor lock animation), with ADS thrown on top of it.

Show me the good shit, Bungie. You can do better than that.

soldat7

Most impressive game of the night. The lighting, the art, everything.

Be my Valentine, Bungie. Be my Valentine.

Was expecting more.

Destiny sounds very ambitious, but what they showed just looks like another FPS. Hopefully we get some more info as the week goes on.

This was so disappointing, I was expecting something better than Borderlands MMO. And the fake enthusiasm/camaraderie was cringe worthy.

tonitoni

Looks amazing.

The gameplay however didn't look very good. The same boring slow jetpacks from reach? Titanfall's boosters seem much more interesting and fun.

shola

Banned
bungie fucked up big time, it looked great but nothing about it wows me in the game play department, titanfall looked a lot better.
leave halo to make a halo type + COD type game without an icon like master chief. well done bungie

jediyoshi

So they quit Halo to make a Halolands without the iconic characters and established IP. Yet manage to keep the same enemy types. the same weapons and the same colossal architecture. They walked away from Halo to do ... a worse Halo. Ridiculous. And incredibly boring demo, you can see it's built for 360.

Sooo, basically they couldn't win? Not exactly sure any developer would be happy being up to their 7th title on the same IP by now.

Top Bottom