• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition will be released on the 15h of November

FACE

Banned
Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition, an updated version of the classic BioWare RPG, is set to release November 15, according to the game’s official website. Just like the reworked edition of the first Baldur’s Gate, the sequel is set to include new characters, another Black Pits arena combat mode, and lots of work under the surface of the venerable game’s interface and coding.

Baldur’s Gate 2: EE will launch at $25.

isfWrXfP7t3Lb.gif

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/30/baldurs-gate-2-enhanced-edition-opens-to-the-world-on-november-15/

kevm3

Was the additional content in BG1 well done? BG2 was near perfect as is. I don't want additional content in there if it doesn't maintain the quality of the original.

Terra_Ex

350,000 new words of content. I'll assume this will also break compatibility with the huge number of existing high quality mods that expand the game far more than this update likely will. Don't give a shit about the arena thingy they're adding.

Gannd

Banned
Was the additional content in BG1 well done? BG2 was near perfect as is. I don't want additional content in there if it doesn't maintain the quality of the original.

Not really. Unless you're willing to put up with an inferior product just so you can play it on your iPad. Stick with the original and the stuff already out.

Why would anyone want this?

So they can play BG2 on an iPad? I mean, I bought BG:EE for the express purpose of a) playing it on my iPad, and b) bankrolling Beamdog so they can do the same with BG2. I don't even like BG1 that much, but I love BG2 enough to do that.

Begaria

BG2 w/ Throne of Bhaal is my favourite game of all time, and I will not be buying this for $25. Perhaps when I can snag it for a discounted price, I'll pick it up, if only it'll mean that maybe somehow we'd get a BG3.

Wanny

I bought the first one and I felt forced to complete the game again, but honestly there was really nothing that mods weren't fixing. I won't buy this next one.

I'll probably pay up. The more PC-classics on IOS, the merrier.

Edit. Gah! "Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition combines both Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal. Bundled with the game on PC and Mac, and available as DLC on iPad and Android."

Wonder what the total price will be on iPad.. They should have included everything. :/

I'll probably pay up. The more PC-classics on IOS, the merrier.

Edit. Gah! "Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition combines both Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal. Bundled with the game on PC and Mac, and available as DLC on iPad and Android."

Wonder what the total price will be on iPad.. They should have included everything. :/

I doubt it'll cost more in the end. They probably split it up because they think that it'll look more attractive with a lower base price. Selling this for $25 is already laughable but selling it for $25 on iOS sounds like suicide.

How desperate are you to play it on a specific platform? If you are, it doesn't matter how good it was. If you want the best experience it on PC.

Just interested in the ipad version for something different. I've had PC Baldur's Gate since it first came out.

Yes, finished it without any problems. It was my first time playing Baldur's gate as well.

Cool, I may have to get it.

I would rather have it free to play with IAP for characters and skills. Also chapter levels.
Just do it Plant vs Zombies 2 style. rape it with iAP
cuz $25 is too much

Vamphuntr

I think the version of the game was okay. Pointless, boring extra content and the lack of the (hilariously bad) German synchro was disappointing, but overall it was a solid version. Didn't encounter too many bugs, although I couldn't finish some (minor) quests. It's a problem though that the game offers every class from BG2, some of which may have big problems in BG1. Monks e.g. are pretty good in BG2, but my playthrough with him sucked ass in BG1.

Will probably get Baldur's Gate 2 for the third (fourth?) time.

When I played it when it was released it was really broken. Broken like Saravok not spawning in the final battle kind of broken. It would crash 50% of the time when launching the game and some stats weren't calculated properly.

Tried multiplayer with a friend and never got it to work even with Hamachi even though we play tons of games through it. My friend also had to play with his old comp because his alienware laptop would not run the game at all, the whole screen would turn pink during gameplay. When we contacted support they answered they had no idea how to support laptop with dual gpus and told us to use another computer. Oh dear.

Vamphuntr

Sounds exactly like the original.

I haven't had any of those problems, then again I've been lucky quite often. Even the original Morrowind ran much more stable than it should have.

We play the Weidu Trilogy mod often and it runs flawlessly. Which is why we found it embarrassing. Enhanced shouldn't be worse :p

Oh yeah, I haven't played BG1 too often with mods, but the opposite is true for BG2. I'm really hoping for some additions/fixes instead of pointless additional content that just sucks ass. BG2 with mods will probably still be (much) better than BG2:EE.

I'm pretty sure no one gives a shit about their additional content. You know what would be great? Good high-quality portraits. It's always really hard to find decent fantasy portraits on the internet, even on the proper (BG) sites.

Yeah, Neera and Raasad especially were a load of bunk (usually play a good guy, so don't know about Dorn) with Neera's quest ending without any kind of resolution (Raasad sucked so bad I ended up dropping him real fast). The new intros weren't especially good either (run like shit on my rig). And hell, they ended up breaking shit that wasn't broken before. The new content really is in stark contrast with the older, much better content. Not sure I trust them to make Baldur's Gate 3 like they plan.

Metrotab

Banned
Bought the first one, and it runs great on both my old and new PC. Will buy this one as well for savegame compatibility.

Alvarez

Banned
The one thing these Enhanced Editions could have improved upon is the game's UI. They could have made the game's UI and controls much less convoluted and outdated. But they didn't.

lilltias

25$ is fucking NOTHING for this masterpiece of and rpg. Jesus Christ people. Ifall you own it already on pc then sure. Don't bother.

Top Bottom