• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition will be released on the 15h of November

I hope the Android version comes out soon, I want to play this on my Nexus 7. I don't have high hopes, as BG1 isn't even out yet.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Fool me once and I can't get fooled again. BGEE was a waste of money.

Not for me, I spent 50 hours on it at least, fantastic game. Can't wait for this one.

I can't see anything about the expansions NOT being included, seems sensible to assume they will be BGEE had the expansion already in the game, I'm sure 2 will have both of them in it too. If I'm wrong, can somebody post a quote?

Khaz

I'm surprised there is no mention of Steam at all on both official websites.

Also if I buy the Windows version directly from them I won't have access to the OSX version nor the future Linux version nor any smarphone version. This is disappointing. All these multiplat indie games must have spoilt me. I would have loved to play on the tablet then continue my game on the PC at home but I am NOT double-dipping. Not at $25.

Was there any mention of the games being linked, a la Trilogy style?

Did the game even need an update tho Godels? I guess I can understand why someone might want a portable version for iPad.

Depends. If you're comfortable with modding (and the occasional cross mod compatibility and bug fixing issues that come with it) then probably not. If you're not then it brings a lot of things to the table that were previously only possible with mods. Which is not to say that it's bug free.

Why would anyone want this?

Widescreen by default, Steam inevitable, optimized to run on a newer spectrum of PC's that want to slowly forget how old games work, no jerrymandering or mods required. Also, there are certainly people who never played it at all who can pick this one up.

epmode

How about new content? Is it better to play original with all the mods or this one?

The one reason I'd play these new versions is for the tablet ports. The originals + mods are superior in almost every way.

It's technically more difficult to do it that way but Infinity Engine games have some of the easiest mod installations you'll ever see. It's not that bad and you'll get a better product in the end.

unbias

The one reason I'd play these new versions is for the tablet ports. The originals + mods are superior in almost every way.

It's technically more difficult to do it that way but Infinity Engine games have some of the easiest mod installations you'll ever see. It's not that bad and you'll get a better product in the end.

I've bought them each time, only because I love these types of games, and if supporting them means more, then I will def pay for it.

Top Bottom