• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of all Gafers in Asia who are getting PS4

Derpcrawler

I recently switched to PS3 from my 360 and only have 2 people on my friend list who are currently in Asia, including 1 from GAF.

So I would like to find more people to play with when PS4 will be released. I will bookmark this thread and try to keep it updated every day.

Please reply with your PSN ID, your location or timezone if you don't feel like sharing your location. Also you can name few games you are planning to get to play online.

If you add fellow GAF member, please be polite and leave a note with your friend request, lot of people, me included, ignore most of friend requests without any note.

I will start with myself:

PSN ID: Shizo
Games: getting Killzone with my bundle from Amazon on November 19-21, will get BF4 and Ghosts on 29th when Digital version will be released on PAL store. Will get Destiny when it will be released.

--------------
If mods think it's not thread worthy feel free to lock, but the only other thread with PSN names is not being updated and have people from all over the world. I would like to keep a list on people from Asia because of time differences and internet connectivity/latency (the latency from Asia to US West is barely acceptable, and is 250ms+ to EU/US East/Australia).
--------------

List so far:

Shizo - China, Shanghai (Killzone/Ghosts/BF4/Destiny/Diablo 3)
fongvita - Malaysia (Killzone/Knack/FIFA14)
hi-fi_famicom - Japan (Killzone/Warframe/Destiny)
Cheesecakebobby - Japan, Tokyo (Killzone/BF4/Destiny)
FL_Stud - Japan (Killzon/BF4/AC4/NFS: Rivals/Warframe/Warthunder/DCUO)
saintajola - Japan, Tokyo (Killzone, Knack, Warframe)
kowak2009 - Korea, Seoul (Killzone/BF4/Knack)
YbFelix - China, Fuzhou (Killzone/BF4)
industrian - Taiwan, Taipei (not decided yet)
BongoMarley - Thailand (not decided yet)
SpaceCobra - China, Shanghai (AC4/not decided yet)
LTH-Scarecrow - Hong Kong (not decided yet)
MidwinterNerv - Japan, Fukoka (Killzone/BF4/Knack/NFS: Rivals)
zaki2407 - Indonesia, Jakarta (not decided yet)
ashrafazlan1989 - Malaysia (not decided yet)
ron_bato - Philippines (Killzone/BF4/NBA2k14/Warframe)
mujun - Japan, Osaka (Killzone)
FlutterPuffs - Malaysia (Killzone/Knack)
Munky_Gaban - Brunei (Killzone/BF4/Warframe/Ghosts)
hardvibes - China, Shanghai (FIFA14/DriveClub/Deep Down)
i-zombie - Singapore (not decided yet)
quintencient_g - India (Killzone)
SolidChamp - Taiwan, Taipei (Killzone/AC4/Destiny/Diablo 3)
PropheV - Japan, Osaka (Killzone)
Khrysler_Jerikho - Philippines (NBA2K14/Injustice)
BushLovesOsama - Brunei (Killzone/Knac/Warframe)
Ongakuhito - Japan, Tokyo (Killzone/BF4/NBA2K14/AC4/Knack/NFS: Rivals)
vanuber - Singapore (Killzone/Ghosts)
RobGThaiTH - Thailand (Killzone/BF4)
CaravelClerihew - Singapore (Killzone/BF4)
madmisterf - Thailand (Killzone/Knack)
Waterfield - Japan, Nagoya (Killzone/Knack/NFS: Rivals)
BladeSinner - Philippines (Killzone/BF4)
Bahn - Thailand (Killzone/BF4/Knack)
Gskyace - China (all games)
i-zombie - Singapore (AC4/KZ/Resogun)
StringfellowUS - Malaysia (Injustice, KZ, Resogun)

wapplew

PSN ID:fongvita (Not sure which region I want to use yet)
Game: Killzone, Knack and Fifa(cause no choice) NA2K13 look tempting too

Derpcrawler

PSN ID:fongvita (Not sure which region I want to use yet)

You and me both buddy, I have Russian PAL account but considering jumping to US since it's cheaper and faster to buy there. + all the DLC compatibility issues. Anyway I've added you, if you will change your PSN ID, just PM me or drop a reply, I will edit it.

Psn Id: Cheesecakebobby
Also getting launch edition from Amazon, getting at least one of Killzone and BF4, and most likely Destiny. Hoping Planetside 2 servers will also pop up here.

SBernard4

Neo Member
PSN: FL_Stud

I'm an English teacher in Okinawa, Japan.

Getting a PS4 at laugh shipped by Amazon
preordered BF4, KillZone, AC4 and Need4Speed:Rivals WarThunder, WarFrame and DCUO
I'm also on Vita and hope to get PS Vita TV soon too.

Derpcrawler

PSN: FL_Stud

I'm an English teacher in Okinawa, Japan.

Getting a PS4 at laugh shipped by Amazon
preordered BF4, KillZone, AC4 and Need4Speed:Rivals WarThunder, WarFrame and DCUO
I'm also on Vita and hope to get PS Vita TV soon too.

Can't add you for now, says your friend list is full, I guess when PS4 launches.

PSN: saintajola

Getting the PS4 from Amazon on launch. Will probably arrive here a week later. As fpr games, getting Killzone Shadow Fall and Knack. Will also download Warframe for a test drive.

BTW Derpcrawler, which ISP are you using in Shanghai and how's the connection if you don't mind my asking? My GF is also in Shanghai and her overall (internet) connection sucks. While her PS3 detects the PSN connection as NAT2 but the Vita says it's NAT3.

Derpcrawler

PSN: saintajola

Getting the PS4 from Amazon on launch. Will probably arrive here a week later. As fpr games, getting Killzone Shadow Fall and Knack. Will also download Warframe for a test drive.

BTW Derpcrawler, which ISP are you using in Shanghai and how's the connection if you don't mind my asking? My GF is also in Shanghai and her overall (internet) connection sucks. While her PS3 detects the PSN connection as NAT2 but the Vita says it's NAT3.

I am on China Telecom fiber, it's pretty decent except for upload speed. I can hit 15-20Mbps to US with 130-140ms latency, and it's pretty good to Asia in general.

3049018586.png

No other GAFfers from East Asia? Hoping to add more of you guys.

Also, for JapanGAF, I've had good connections with Australians when playing BF3, so you might want to add some AussieGAF to your friends list if you'd like.

PSN: kowak2009
Games: KZ:SF, Knack, BF4

Also Wednesday at midnight they will be announcing the Korean date and price for the PS4.

Hopefully it is the first week of December.

sohois

Well, I certainly won't be getting a launch model but there's a decent possibility that I'll pick one up around Chinese New Year, posting just as a reminder

caesar

Banned
I'm getting one on release, I'm in Seoul. No PSN ID though.

My games will be KZ, AC4, Knack and possibly one more. I still haven't seen any Korea pricing info though...

Edit: ah i just read shanks post, nice

I'm getting one, either on release or very soon after ( depending on when in December they're releasing ), but yeah... undecided on new PSN ID.

Planning to start anew my Playstation identity by foregoing my existing PSP/PS3 ID, and build one that will be best suited for a mixed digital + retail future. >:3

GMT+8, Killzone : Shadow Fall.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I am unsure whether or not I will get a PS4, but knowing me I will probably bite eventually. It won't be at launch though (unless my girlfriend buys me one for my birthday...)

With that said my PSN is "industrian" and I live in Taipei.

Planning to start anew my Playstation identity by foregoing my existing PSP/PS3 ID, and build one that will be best suited for a mixed digital + retail future. >:3

I don't get why people do this, especially if your previous gamertag/username has been in use for a prolonged time. Why walk away from a legacy like that?

Peeete

Count me in.

PSN: BongoMarley
Games: no idea yet, maybe KZ

Depending on price and availability here, I think I'll join the party within December.

I don't get why people do this, especially if your previous gamertag/username has been in use for a prolonged time. Why walk away from a legacy like that?

Main reason is that it feels very separate from my existing 'online' identity that I've built up elsewhere. ( other forums, social network, etc) It was made in a more whimsical time, when I basically had multiple nicknames/passwords/etc for every different service due to paranoia.

I've always bought my stuff retail, so I lose nothing, and I don't really benefit from PS+ or anything of that sort much, due to it being an Asian account. I also could give zero rats on Trophies/etc, so those unquantifiable stuff don't matter to me.

So I felt like a new console launch is a good chance to link back my gamer 'identity' with my existing 'social' identity by starting anew.

YaLiShanDa

Neo Member
You can also count me in

PSN ID: SpaceCobra
Initially got the Watch_Dogs bundle on amazon but now I'm left with just the console and thinking on downloading AC4 as soon as I get the PS4, which should be around the 22nd.

PSN-ID: LTH-Scarecrow
Location: Hong Kong. Granted, I still need to wait until January before I consider buying it. By then, most of the bugs, issues and proper updates should be in serviceable after that period due to the high demand and server stress.

Derpcrawler

You can also count me in

PSN ID: SpaceCobra
Initially got the Watch_Dogs bundle on amazon but now I'm left with just the console and thinking on downloading AC4 as soon as I get the PS4, which should be around the 22nd.

Same date for me as well on Amazon page, I hope UPS won't screw up the customs as always (when they charge you import tax again, on top of what Amazon secured for deposit). Added you to the list.

WinterXL

Neo Member
PSN ID: MidwinterNerv
Games: Killzone, Knack, Need for Speed Rivals, Battlefield 4

YaLiShanDa

Neo Member
Same date for me as well on Amazon page, I hope UPS won't screw up the customs as always (when they charge you import tax again, on top of what Amazon secured for deposit). Added you to the list.

Is amazon shipping your order directly to China? They wouldn't let me so I had to go through a forwarder. As for the taxes, I wasn't charged any for my last few orders so hopefully it stays like that for the PS4

PSN ID: MidwinterNerv
Games: Killzone, Knack, Need for Speed Rivals, Battlefield 4

Yay, more JapanGAF for my friends list.

Also, I'm getting my PS4 as a present from a friend, who ordered it from Play-Asia. I have no clue when it will arrive, but probably early December at the latest. Hope it comes close to launch date. Do you guys know anyone getting a PS4 from them?

Derpcrawler

Also, I'm getting my PS4 as a present from a friend, who ordered it from Play-Asia. I have no clue when it will arrive, but probably early December at the latest. Hope it comes close to launch date. Do you guys know anyone getting a PS4 from them?
Why not directly from Amazon? Also Play-Asia makes huge profit margin on consoles. They always have them at least 50% more expensive compared to RRP.

Is amazon shipping your order directly to China? They wouldn't let me so I had to go through a forwarder. As for the taxes, I wasn't charged any for my last few orders so hopefully it stays like that for the PS4

Yep, they ship it directly to China:

Paid my order in full with gift cards, 19-21 for estimated delivery.

daVviGK.jpg

Why not directly from Amazon? Also Play-Asia makes huge profit margin on consoles. They always have them at least 50% more expensive compared to RRP.

I dunno, my friend is the one who placed the pre-order with them. He probably wasn't able to get an Amazon pre-order in time.

Arent you guys buying from Amazon gonna pay big import taxes???

I was worried about import taxes on the console into Korea so decided to just wait for the launch here.

How did your friend get a pre-order??? Play-asia is just reservation list at the moment.

I was worried about import taxes on the console into Korea so decided to just wait for the launch here.

How did your friend get a pre-order??? Play-asia is just reservation list at the moment.

Is it? Then I must be mistaken and he has a reservation instead. I honestly don't know how Play-Asia works.

Derpcrawler

17% for China. Plus if I will get lucky UPS will goof the tax and I won't pay anything, so my deposit will get refunded. Two out of 5 orders I made from Amazon that got delivered by UPS were not taxed. But it doesn't really bother me, sellers on taobao.com (local commerce platform) charge 3999RMB for PS4 solus system, which is ~660USD and that's HK one, scheduled to release in December. I got Killzone Bundle (game + year PSN Plus + console) for 626USD total with tax and shipping. In case UPS will screw up taxes and I won't get taxed Amazon will refund me 91USD. If not, it's still a better deal than buying here or from HK.

sirap

PSN ID : ashrafazlan1989
Games : No fucking idea, I don't even know where i'll be getting my PS4 (December seems so far away) Probably just ebay it at an insane price.

YaLiShanDa

Neo Member

Yep, they ship it directly to China:
That's so weird. Last time I tried to change the shipping address out of the US, amazon wouldn't let me. You're so lucky

Derpcrawler

That's so weird. Last time I tried to change the shipping address out of the US, amazon wouldn't let me. You're so lucky

Why? China is in the list of eligble countries for shipping if the item is sold directly by Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201074230

The majority of items in Amazon's product catalog (automotive, baby, clothing, consumer electronics, health and personal care, home and garden, industrial and scientific, jewelry, pet supplies, shoes, software, sporting goods, tools, toys, video games, and watches) can be shipped to the following countries:

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, Venezuela

But don't change it, lot of people screwing around with their pre-order details got pushed down the line on PS4 pre-orders wait list.

wapplew

PSN ID : ashrafazlan1989
Games : No fucking idea, I don't even know where i'll be getting my PS4 (December seems so far away) Probably just ebay it at an insane price.

Don't get rip off, just wait a week or 2, info of Malaysia launch date is coming.
There are media events happening for Asia PS4 everywhere.
Nov 5 for Taiwan
Nov 7 for HongKong
Nov12 for Singapore

My guess Malaysia get PS4 early December. I know I'll be joining midnight launch.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

I'd consider Videogamesplus.ca. I'm not sure how they are now, but way back in 2007 I ordered my PS3 from them: Canada to the UK. I asked them if they could mark it adequately enough to get through without incurring import fees and they agreed. Shipped via DHL, it incurred no fees, perfect customer experience.

If you're in China just import from or take a weekend's vacation to Hong Kong and pick one up then. But I'm sure the guys checking your bags in China will love that. When flying from Edinburgh to Taipei via Xiamen, the customs officials took repeated interest to my DVD bag full of my games. I thought they were going to confiscate it at first, but they let it through.

If it's in Korea? Just wait. You'll probably get it cheaper in Yongsan than you ever would importing it.

onken

Actually it says here they use circle/confirm, cross/cancel in HK, can anyone confirm? Could import from there..

Yeah I tried to buy just a controller in advance and it wouldn't let me :/

Derpcrawler

Actually it says here they use circle/confirm, cross/cancel in HK, can anyone confirm? Could import from there..

They do, I have HK PS3 and PS Vita and it's same layout as for Japan. But it's driving me crazy, since lot of games, especially on Vita are very inconsistent with whole X/O swap.

Also strange, are you sure you selected Amazon as seller? I am able to buy pretty much anything from Amazon as long as it's sold by Amazon LLC.

Anteater

They do, I have HK PS3 and PS Vita and it's same layout as for Japan. But it's driving me crazy, since lot of games, especially on Vita are very inconsistent with whole X/O swap.

I love it when I have to press O to save while getting to the save menu ingame is X on some of the NA games :p, then I have to press O to exit the stupid ingame menu.

Don't get rip off, just wait a week or 2, info of Malaysia launch date is coming.
There are media events happening for Asia PS4 everywhere.
Nov 4 for Taiwan
Nov 7 for HongKong
Nov12 for Singapore

My guess Malaysia get PS4 early December. I know I'll be joining midnight launch.

I tried looking for the info on the taiwan launch, did they give a date? I expect it to be the same pretty much throughout asia.

I'd consider Videogamesplus.ca. I'm not sure how they are now, but way back in 2007 I ordered my PS3 from them: Canada to the UK. I asked them if they could mark it adequately enough to get through without incurring import fees and they agreed. Shipped via DHL, it incurred no fees, perfect customer experience.

If you're in China just import from or take a weekend's vacation to Hong Kong and pick one up then. But I'm sure the guys checking your bags in China will love that. When flying from Edinburgh to Taipei via Xiamen, the customs officials took repeated interest to my DVD bag full of my games. I thought they were going to confiscate it at first, but they let it through.

If it's in Korea? Just wait. You'll probably get it cheaper in Yongsan than you ever would importing it.

well ps3 slims are about 330 in Korea at the moment. I am expecting the ps4 to be around 700-800,000 won. Sony products are always quite expensive here in general.

Sony better do a midnight launch in Korea. They have a dedicated ps shop in Yongsan, but is only to show off tech and you can't buy. Flipping annoying. Hopefully that will change for launch. or that might use a big sony store like COEX

ron_bato

I'm from the Philippines, I'll be getting mine the 3rd of December when gets here from the US.

PSN: ron_bato
Games: Battlefield 4, Killzone: SF, NBA 2k14 and Warframe

Also, I think my PS3 friends list is full at the moment, but I'll delete a bunch of them later

mujun

PSN: mujun-

In Osaka, Japan but using a U.S. account.

Will get my machine in Feb and will be playing Killzone.

onken

Ah great news, BD region is the same too! Will probably get it from HK if it's not too outrageously expensive.

Also strange, are you sure you selected Amazon as seller? I am able to buy pretty much anything from Amazon as long as it's sold by Amazon LLC.

Yep just tried it again just now for a DS4

We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order.

caesar

Banned
I tried looking for the info on the taiwan launch, did they give a date? I expect it to be the same pretty much throughout asia.

well ps3 slims are about 330 in Korea at the moment. I am expecting the ps4 to be around 700-800,000 won. Sony products are always quite expensive here in general.

Sony better do a midnight launch in Korea. They have a dedicated ps shop in Yongsan, but is only to show off tech and you can't buy. Flipping annoying. Hopefully that will change for launch. or that might use a big sony store like COEX

Yeah I was gonna say, probably wanna take a trip to Samseong-dong.

Top Bottom