• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You Put the Caramel Vodka in the Apple Cider and You Mix it All Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandnew

My friends give me a hard time for drinking this Smirnoff caramel vodka, but you put it in apple cider/juice and it's a piece of heaven. I was hesitant at first, but one taste and I'm in.

Anyone else like these sugary vodkas? Any other drink recipes that sound horrible but taste delicious?

way more

cinnabon-vodka-why.jpg

Bring the experience of getting drunk and going to the food court to home.

Bodacious

Banned
You Put the Caramel Vodka in the Apple Cider and You Mix it All Up

I'd rather have actual hard cider. Warm. But, that kind of thing's getting hard to come by anymore. I grew up near an orchard and knew the owners. For friends, they had gallon jugs of the good stuff. So delicious warmed up with a cinnamon stick in it. But the absolute worst stuff to get sick on.

temp

posting on contract only
From Washington State, my mom's given me watermelon with salt on it before. It might be kind of an old-fashioned thing. I like it.

Kangi

People not knowing about salt on watermelon? How does this happen?

I can't eat watermelon without salt.
But I also can't eat pizza without ranch dressing, so maybe I shouldn't be listened to.

shira

Jeez might as well go for some Purple Drank if you want to get drunk off something that taste gud and is easy to down.

ok i guess salty watermelon is a thing lol. but still as a vodka wth?

i don't understand why people like Rumchata. That shit taste like alcohol and left over milk from a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch. bleh

see5harp

Salt goes well on A LOT of fruits, but it's most commonly used on melons. Salt makes cantalope and watermelon taste sweeter, from my experience and I'm not even from the South. I mean on that first MIA album there was that song with the "I salt and pepper my mango" and they sell dried mango with chile at most gas stations in CA.

Eh flavored vodkas are usually pretty bad, but some pinnacle flavors are alright; regardless I would definitely try the drink you suggested, sounds pretty good,

Combining alcohol with things that aren't alcohol? Do you all also play mario kart on 50CC?

Take a bottle of hard cider (I recommend Angry Orchard) and pour in a shot of fireball whiskey. It tastes exactly like apple pie. You're welcome!

Ferrio

Banned
Does the fireball not overpower the whole thing? When mixing it it's really easy to get away from you.

Pineapple juice (there's quite a bit of pineapple juice, probably 3x the amount of booze) and pucker really overpower it. You can always adjust the fireball if it's a bit much. I'm still working on the ratios. I mean I *hate* cinnamon snhapps (bad college experience) and I love this drink... so that's something.

Pineapple juice (there's quite a bit of pineapple juice, probably 3x the amount of booze) and pucker really overpower it. You can always adjust the fireball if it's a bit much. I'm still working on the ratios. I mean I *hate* cinnamon snhapps (bad college experience) and I love this drink... so that's something.

I'm going to play with this on Thanksgiving.

That and eggnog experiments with different hard liquors (sticking with soco right now, but we'll see what comes out of it).

Sounds interesting, My roommates and I used to drink a bunch of smirnoff vodkas back in uni. Although the worst one was easily vanilla vodka. If you ever wanted to try cake in liquid form then there you go.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm going to play with this on Thanksgiving.

That and eggnog experiments with different hard liquors (sticking with soco right now, but we'll see what comes out of it).

Tell me your results. Going to experiment a bit this thanksgiving too. Made some fig vodka, not quite sure what I'm going to do with it yet though. Should have enough mixers to figure out something. Also going to try some more with the fireball. Saw another drink that had fireball+butterscotch snhapps+irish cream. Might be a good desert drink and a way I can get through the fireball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom