• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Tribes' Wii U tease was for a sale after all...

Just saw this at Go Nintendo for the Europe downloads of the week, introducing the Super Indie Connection Sale:

With the Super Indie Connection Sale you can save 60% on selected independent games -- but only until 13/02/2014 and only on Nintendo eShop for your Wii U! The developers of the five participating games love each other's games so much, they're offering you their own game at 60% off the regular Nintendo eShop price if you have already downloaded any of the other four games on your Wii U! If you haven't downloaded any of the participating games yet, you can also buy one from Nintendo eShop on your Wii U during the Super Indie Connection Sale to be able to get the discount on the other games.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Black Forest Games) - €5.99/£5.19 (normally €14.99/£12.99)
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward) - €3.99/£3.59 (normally €9.99/£8.99)
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Gaijin Games) - €4.79/£3.99 (normally €11.99/£9.99)
Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party (Knapnok Games) - €2.79/£2.39 (normally €6.99/£5.99)
Toki Tori 2+ (Two Tribes Publishing) - €5.99/£5.19 (normally €14.99/£12.99)

Sad, but glad this was sorted pretty damn quickly. Though there's still Zoink's tease.

L~A

Yes, and why were you expecting a Nintendo Direct?

It's great to some even more sales on the eShop, even though some of the games were already on sales quite a few times already.

JoeM86

Honestly I couldn't help (and others too) expect a Direct, hopefully there is still one this week, I just hoped this was a first sign of it.

Still, this isn't bad news, I only have Toki Tori 2, wonder if all of those in NA will fit on a $20 card?

There still could be. It's a bit suspect that there are no Virtual Console games across both platforms.

JoeM86

Don't know why that would be suspect or have anything to do with a Direct?

Well one of the last times it happened, we had Earthbound with the Direct. They could be going full hog with the investor meeting this week and release a load such as N64 games on the Wii U. You never know.

Oh wow, it actually is like a bundle; you get this discount on all the other games if you already have one, I apply as I just have Toki Tori 2 as I already mentioned.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Already have Toki Tori 2+ and MSFHD, so BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2 will be mine. Nice.

There's also quite a few indie games about to hit the eShop in the coming weeks, so look out for them too.

69wpm

So if you don't have any of the games, you buy one at full price and can buy the others for 60% off?

I have 4 of them so I don't really care, but maybe others do.

Sendou

Those are not even good prices.

I thought the whole idea with Spin the Bottle was that early adopters got it the cheapest. Yet here it stands. I don't think that's how that model should work.

Nintendo would never give indies enough leeway to tease a direct. It's still possible we get one to go with the investor meeting but it'll be announced like normal.

I am going to be tempted to buy all those but spin the bottle, though.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Those are not even good prices.

I thought the whole idea with Spin the Bottle was that early adopters got it the cheapest. Yet here it stands. I don't think that's how that model should work.

It will go full price on 13th of February when they also release a free DLC which is focused on the Gamepad use.

Robin64

Well it was only a tease, not sure what lofty expectations people set for themselves.

A sale is nice, especially if you were interested in any of those games. (Which you should be, they are all very good)

I'll be getting Mighty Switch Force. I've considered getting it before.

Apart from Spin the Bottle, which isn't for me, I have the others on different platforms. Giana Sisters through PS+, Runner 2 on PS3 and Steam, Toki Tori 2+ on Wii U (through another sale) and a Humble Bundle.

Apart from Giana Sisters I've got them all. Might get that one. I think a sale like this is a fairly good idea. Nintendo itself should pursue deals like this too.

Spin the Bottle is a good party game by the way, if you can get people to play it. It's very family friendly too despite its visual style.

casiopao

To Gaffers, anyone know how to get the best of the deal here?

I don't have any of the game there, so which game I should buy first so I will get the most of sales here?

(Sorry if I sound petty but my wallet is kinda dried right now. T_T)

I don't have any of the game there, so which game I should buy first so I will get the most of sales here?

Well generally I would think you should go for the cheapest first (Spin the Bottle seems to be) and then you get the most money saved from the discounts.

As Hero of Legend said, go for the cheapest alternative. i.e. Spin the Bottle. In case you don't want Spin the Bottle because of it being a party game, then go for Mighty Switch Force first.

However, in case you're not sure about Spin the Bottle but might be interested, if you get that one first and then buy all the rest, the total sum is 27.75 euros. If you don't buy it and go for Mighty Switch Force and buy all the rest except for Spin the Bottle, the total sum is 26.76 euros.

So basically you get Spin the Bottle only for one euro that way (27.75 minus 26.76).

atbigelow

Excellent, I've got Spin the Bottle (which is a fantastic alcoholic party game, BTW). Maybe I'll grab Giana Sisters. Not sure. I want to participate if this hits the US, though.

Yort

This isn't even a good sale. I might have bought Mighty Switch Force if I didn't have to buy anything else. I have others from the last humble bundle and they were way cheaper.

Is it Toki Tori 2 or Mighty Switch Force I should go for?
Depends a bit. Mighty Switch Force is more kind of action puzzle game. Toki Tori 2 is more kind of slow, relaxed puzzle game. Mighty Switch Force consists of little maps in which you need to do the goal (gather 5 escaped prisoners), whereas Toki Tori 2 is more of a full open world adventure.

Overall though, I'd strongly recommend Toki Tori 2. It has insane amount of content for its price (around 20 hours if you go for normal playthrough and around 30 hours if you go for 100% having harder puzzles) and it's really brilliantly designed - the puzzles are very fun, creative and engaging.

69wpm

This isn't even a good sale. I might have bought Mighty Switch Force if I didn't have to buy anything else. I have others from the last humble bundle and they were way cheaper.

Not interested in Toki Tori 2? It's a wonderful puzzle game. And Runner 2 has awesome music.

SuomiDude

Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward) - €3.99
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Gaijin Games) - €4.79

These two are tempting. But I'm not totally sold on either, so are they really worth it? (I have Toki Tori 2+ btw)

HAH!

Just realised that if I buy Gianna Sisters tonight, then in a day or so when my Nintendo Premium points update I'll have enough for a £5 code (I'm 41pts short of my next code ATM) I can redeem it and have enough for Mighty Switch Force HD.

That saves me having to buy another points code.

Top Bottom