• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Tribes' Wii U tease was for a sale after all...

Weng

Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward) - €3.99
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Gaijin Games) - €4.79

These two are tempting. But I'm not totally sold on either, so are they really worth it? (I have Toki Tori 2+ btw)
Definitely. Had a lot of fun with both. Runner 2 has a lot of content and even if you complete it 100% you can still work on your high scores thanks to the leader boards. MSF my be a bit shorter but after completing all 21 stages
and the 21 remixed stages
beating the best times will take you quite a while. The prices are a steal IMO.

-Horizon-

Glad I didn't get a ticket to this hype train though the deals are very good to whoever has not bought these games for the Wii U yet.

When was the last ND? Is the next one scheduled?

There was one in December wasn't there? And the next one has not been scheduled, they usually announce the date like a day before it airs.

Yort

Not interested in Toki Tori 2? It's a wonderful puzzle game. And Runner 2 has awesome music.

I just got Runner 2 and Toki Tori 2 in the last Humble Bundle, for $5.50, with some other things that are supposed to be good, like To The Moon and Strike Suit Zero. I'd like to buy these games on Wii U because I love Nintendo's D-pad, and Off-TV play is handy, but they are so much cheaper on PC.

SuomiDude

Definitely. Had a lot of fun with both. Runner 2 has a lot of content and even if you complete it 100% you can still work on your high scores thanks to the leader boards. MSF my be a bit shorter but after completing all 21 stages
and the 21 remixed stages
beating the best times will take you quite a while. The prices are a steal IMO.
Thanks, though I must say I'm not much into replaying levels over and over again to beat high scores. So taking that into account, I really have to think about if I should buy MSF. Bit Trip sounds good though.

Weng

Any must haves on that list? I don't have any of them.
I haven't played Giana Sisters but Toki Tori 2 (2D open world adventure, puzzle, metroidvania?) Runner 2 (challenging infinite runner) and MSF:HDE (2D platformer with a cool switch mechanic) are all great games. Spin the Bottle is also great but only if you and your friends are into party games.

kitsuneyo

Has this sale started yet? Normal prices showing for me, right up to the add funds screen. I own Switch Force, wanted to get Runner 2.

Edit - Starts Thurs

Mariolee

Yes, and why were you expecting a Nintendo Direct?

It's great to some even more sales on the eShop, even though some of the games were already on sales quite a few times already.

Because there are many other signs pointing to a Nintendo Direct on Thursday.

Jachaos

All of you who can gather 4-8 people to play a party game with, grab Spin the Bottle. Don't judge by its name and phallic characters. It's a fun and weird game.

Top Bottom