• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Review with Forrest MacNeil - Season 3 |OT| These pancakes couldn't kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

Banned
p10433451_b_h6_ab-640x480.jpg

ANDY DALY

new show

Comedy Central
Thursdays at 10 (first episode tomorrow)
If you are impatient like me, here is the first episode streaming on comedy central's website.

Based off Review with Myles Barlow (which was some show somewhere), MacNeil reviews all kinds of stuff such as addiction, going to the prom, being racist, and many more!

AVCLUB REVIEW - A-

If you don't know who Andy Daly is, educate yourself.

produced by
2lNJkpY.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I need to see this. It's from Abso-lutely Prodctions (Tim & Eric, Nathan For You, Eric Andre) so it's gotta be good.

Review with Myles Barlow (The Australian original) is absolutely hilarious. If they stick close to the course material, this should be gold.

Sliver

You should really have Andy Daly's name in the thread title. Loved the first episode, he's absolutely hilarious in Comedy Bang Bang too.

I'm watching it right now after I watched the online one earlier. Fantastic show. The bank heist was great and the addiction segment was fantastic the whole time. I give it 5 stars.

Bread

Banned
I'm watching it right now after I watched the online one earlier. Fantastic show. The bank heist was great and the addiction segment was fantastic the whole time. I give it 5 stars.
yea this is probably the 5th time I've seen it, still awesome. i hope we get multiple seasons of this show.

Dr Prob

Banned
"Okay, so I have tried cocaine, cigarettes, alcohol. Didn't get addicted to any of those. But there's one more thing I need to try...cocaine!"

tnqMUKj.gif

First episode was pretty good, and the buzz seems to be that it gets much better as it goes along. Plus Jason Mantzoukas and Andy Richter apparently show up. Will stick with it.

JDSN

Banned
I can tell theres gonna a be a gag of the intern getting the short end of the stick always and im gonna love it. YOU ARE GONNA DIEEEEE

KarmaCow

Oh god when he asks Meg about prom, I had to turn away. The entire last segment was amazing.

I hope all the things he does is cumulative throughout the season.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Watched this over the weekend, amazing. I love Andy Daly's appearances on Comedy Bang Bang, and his new podcast, so I was all set to watch this. It did not disappoint.

COCAINE!

That was pretty damn good. The humor is a bit darker than the american version, which makes it difficult for me to pick a side. Although taking a bong hit while riding a bike needs to be giffed

I was thinking the same thing hah

Having watched the pilot of Review and all of Review with Myles Barlow, it's clear to me (at this point) that the original is the stronger show and I think the main actor is better too. That's not to say Review isn't enjoyable. (It's just appearing to be the weakest Absolutely Productions production yet)

But as you say the tone of the humour is different.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I watched the first ep with my brother. We both enjoyed it in general, but fucking lost it at the "well I guess I went to decoy rehab" line. That shit was perfect.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Watched this again last night with my girlfriend, and she loved it. Can't wait for the next episode. Andy Daly is great, love his character work on Comedy Bang Bang.

Watching the encore of this week's Review. Pretty dang funny. Speaking of funny, I have a funny feeling this show won't last very long though. =[

Bread

Banned
Not many posts about the new episode!

The first 2 parts were great, that color copier bit is classic. The hunting one was terrible though, definitely the worst review yet.

Tom_Cody

I really enjoyed the first two episodes. I can't wait for more.

Not many posts about the new episode!

The first 2 parts were great, that color copier bit is classic. The hunting one was terrible though, definitely the worst review yet.
The hunting one is definitely the weakest so far.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah, the first two segments were better than the first, that colour copier bit killed me in the previews last episode and did it again in that one. On the whole though the episode was a little weaker I thought. Hopefully this next one is another winner.

FoneBone

God, the fact that this thread hasn't even crossed 50 replies saddens me. Hopefully it still gets renewed (I mean, if Nathan For You did...) The reveal of the third review in episode 3 may be the hardest I've laughed at anything so far in 2014.

beat

Andy Daly's a helluva star for this show, but the smaller parts are all great too. I love the way Megan Stevenson is playing the co-host AJ: she's ridiculously chipper and amusingly dumb ("Seattle, Washington, DC") and yet there's a sort of realistic person in there too.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
My girlfriend laughed out loud at the second Pancake request and she thinks the show's "silly". I love it though, Andy Daly plays this so well, hope it finds a good audience because I'd love to see it last.

Just saw the first episode and found it genuinely funny! Was really just flicking through hulu to find something that wasn't horrible to watch haha

That was pretty damn good. The humor is a bit darker than the american version, which makes it difficult for me to pick a side. Although taking a bong hit while riding a bike needs to be giffed

Haven't seen the US version yet, I'll check it out ASAP, but the Aussie version got super dark. Like crazy, hilariously dark
Edit: I'd forgotten how great Myles' wrap ups were. Fantastic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom