• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raven's Cry, coming October 14th to PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, PC/Mac

Some Nobody

Lock if old.

Den of Geek said:
Ahoy, mateys! TopWare Interactive has set the release date for their upcoming pirate game, Raven's Cry, which is an upcoming ps4 game also coming to PS3, Xbox 360, PC and Mac.

Raven's Cry will be released on October 14, 2014.

The game puts you into the dark world of the Golden Age of Piracy, through the eyes of Christopher Raven, a pirate on a mission for vengeance against the men who murdered his family.

Raven's Cry is developed by Reality Pump Studios, who says they've recreated the world of the 18th century Caribbean in "painstaking detail" to bring you a gritty, realistic pirate experience.

Source.

I did a bit of searching about on this game and it seems like it's been in development hell for like, two years. There was a trailer back in 2011.

I like the idea of playing as a pirate but I'm still not sure what to make of this game. If the combat is simplistic or the world isn't expansive enough it'll just be a poorer ACIV. It being cross-gen doesn't help, but who knows, it might be cool

DaBuddaDa

The game puts you into the dark world of the Golden Age of Piracy, through the eyes of Christopher Raven, a pirate on a mission for vengeance against the men who murdered his family.

Oscar worthy.

Reality Pump are the Polish guys that made Earth 2140 and Two Worlds. It's looks alright I guess but I recently got a healthy dose of swashbucklery with ACIV so I'm feeling a bit burnt out on the theme.

I'm more open to these kind of smaller devs so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until we see some gameplay at least.

yeah this game sounds conceptually good, and we haven't really gotten a gritty pirate game yet, have we?

Hopefully it'll be a good game..the fact that they are the same devs behind Two Worlds has me concerned.

system11

I'll be glad when developers can stop making third-party games multi-generational.

I actually won't - once they lose the constraints placed by less powerful hardware, we'll lose the sweet spot of next gen games which run well. If Tomb Raider had been developed for the PS4 to begin with, you can bet it would have been 30fps.

UrbanRats

^^^ You've got large hands.
-
If they were letting you create your character, it would've been more interesting.

I'm not even sure if it's open world or not.

What does this mean? There were only a handful of zombie games in the last decade.

confused035.gif

Can you name more than 10 that came out in the last 10 years?

Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Dead Island
Dead Island Riptide
Day Z
War Z (lol)
That one zombie game on the 360 and PC that felt like Freedom Fighters kinda.
Zombie U
Dead Block
Yakuza: Dead Souls
Lolipop Chainsaw
Deadlight
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Dead Rising 1
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 3
Touch the Dead on the DS

That's more than 10. You lose.

The Last Guy, and The Last of Us are within that genre too.

Oh! Plants Vs Zombies!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I feel sorry for these guys having to follow up Black Flag.

I don't. I'm currently playing their Two Worlds II and loving the hell out of it. Black Flag had many great points but quest design wasn't one of them. The quests in Two Worlds II are much more entertaining than anything I experienced in Black Flag.

Tygamr

Can you name more than 10 that came out in the last 10 years?

Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 3
Call of Duty: World at War
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Dead Island
Dead Island: Riptide
Plants vs Zombies
Plants vs Zombies 2
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
The Last of Us
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
Yep

Didn't this completely change hands between devs at some point, a year or so ago? This is the kind of game that could be fun on the level of Bound By Flame, or Risen 3, but even so, a full dev change is worrying.

EDIT: Yea, originally it was octane games, then switched to reality pump around august. Click

derExperte

German PC Games has a preview in their current issue and while the new engine looks good (so forget the old trailers) and it has potential the game is very far from finished, many features aren't implemented yet and so on.

Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 3
Dead Island
Plants vs Zombies
Plants vs Zombies 2
The Last of Us
Yep

There's way way more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_video_games

At least 120 zombie games in the last 10 years.

Taurus

Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Dead Island
Dead Island Riptide
Day Z
War Z (lol)
That one zombie game on the 360 and PC that felt like Freedom Fighters kinda.
Zombie U
Dead Block
Yakuza: Dead Souls
Lolipop Chainsaw
Deadlight
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Dead Rising 1
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 3
Touch the Dead on the DS

That's more than 10. You lose.

The Last Guy, and The Last of Us are within that genre too.

Oh! Plants Vs Zombies!
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 3
Dead Island
Plants vs Zombies
Plants vs Zombies 2
The Last of Us
Yep
Both of you bastards left the best one out: STATE OF DECAY

Although TheSpoiler obviously mentioned it without name, but you should know the name of the best zombie game made so far!

Lemmy

Banned
October you say?

Well, that makes good business sense.

Both of you bastards left the best one out: STATE OF DECAY

Although TheSpoiler obviously mentioned it without name, but you should know the name of the best zombie game made so far!

State of Decay was pure jank tho. Didn't hold a candle to either L4D.

Top Bottom