• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raven's Cry, coming October 14th to PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, PC/Mac

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I don't. I'm currently playing their Two Worlds II and loving the hell out of it. Black Flag had many great points but quest design wasn't one of them. The quests in Two Worlds II are much more entertaining than anything I experienced in Black Flag.

Playing it again?

Lemmy

Banned
can't really compare an open world game to a tightly scripted one?

Well, he said it was the 'best zombie game made' and I disagreed. I know they're two different genres, but I didn't enjoy State of Decay a fraction as much as I did either L4D game was what I was suggesting. State of Decay was ridiculously unpolished even when judged against some other open world Zombie games though.

Durante

I'm somewhat interested. Though I'd rather have Reality Pump working on an RTS again at some point.

Earth 2150 was so far ahead of its time.

It must suck to be a smaller developer working on a game and see that a company like Ubisoft has decided to make a game in a similar setting well before yours will be finished.

delSai

Found this, finally some gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l365Boyl7Mk

AI doesn't look that good. Can someone who understand German language give short summary what they are saying?

Left a good impression, has potential. Sea Fights have some similarity to AC4, just a bit more realistic, you have to pay attention to the Wind. 16 different Ship-Types you can get in the Game. You have something called Dirty Tricks (2:50, right Corner), the Crow confuses Enemies and so on. Stealth seems useless, they said they were just running through because it was pointless being stealthy. Story seems to be about Revenge, Main Dude wants to avenge his Family. 14. October is the Release Date

This should cover most of the important stuff

Found this, finally some gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l365Boyl7Mk

AI doesn't look that good. Can someone who understand German language give short summary what they are saying?

That doesn't look so hot. These guys must be pissed that Assassin's Creed stole the pirate thunder from right under them. Watching that gameplay vid, it just kind of comes off as a budget Black Flag knock off even though this was revealed way before it.

Gamefly is only listing this game for PC, and they're usually pretty good with releases. I wonder if this game is really coming this fall to all these platforms.

Sentenza

That doesn't look so hot. These guys must be pissed that Assassin's Creed stole the pirate thunder from right under them. Watching that gameplay vid, it just kind of comes off as a budget Black Flag knock off even though this was revealed way before it.
Aside for the "knock off" part that's exactly what it is.
It's a game developed on a budget, from a small underdog developer. Nothing that is even trying to compete for the triple A spotlight.

Oh, and it's supposed to be a RPG, so not very close to Black Flag in that sense.

EDIT:
Well, I just watched this and it doesn't really look good... And not in a "not-triple-A-enough" sense.
It really looks dull gameplay-wise, the video doesn't seem to show off any redeeming quality, even taking the low budget as a premise.

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Left a good impression, has potential. Sea Fights have some similarity to AC4, just a bit more realistic, you have to pay attention to the Wind. 16 different Ship-Types you can get in the Game. You have something called Dirty Tricks (2:50, right Corner), the Crow confuses Enemies and so on. Stealth seems useless, they said they were just running through because it was pointless being stealthy. Story seems to be about Revenge, Main Dude wants to avenge his Family. 14. October is the Release Date

This should cover most of the important stuff
Thanks!

This game also probably suffers that development team changed last year... Still looking forward to this even it doesn't look so great.

Aside for the "knock off" part that's exactly what it is.
It's a game developed on a budget, from a small underdog developer. Nothing that is even trying to compete for the triple A spotlight.

Oh, and it's supposed to be a RPG, so not very close to Black Flag in that sense.

EDIT:

Well, I just watched this and it doesn't really look good... And not in a "not-triple-A-enough" sense.
It really looks dull gameplay-wise, the video doesn't seem to show off any redeeming quality, even taking the low budget as a premise.

I had some hopes for this game a long time ago, but after watching the gameplay videos I'm seeing a lot of not-as-well-executed Black Flag. I'm curious what RPG elements it has though I don't know if that will be enough to save what I'm seeing.

Jingo

Ei everyone, fresh new here , i was waiting for two months, eheh, i really dont know whats going on on topware studios, then showed sacrilegium in 2012 and apart from the gamescom trailer last year i never heard of them again, they said it was going to be out this year after ravens cry but since this is coming in october i really dont know!

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Ei everyone, fresh new here , i was waiting for two months, eheh, i really dont know whats going on on topware studios, then showed sacrilegium in 2012 and apart from the gamescom trailer last year i never heard of them again, they said it was going to be out this year after ravens cry but since this is coming in october i really dont know!
Welcome! Yeah, Sacrilegium was probably postponed because Topware gave Raven's Cry to them (Reality Pump). I didn't even know they released trailer last year for Sacrilegium. I only remember that it was announced and after that: nothing. But i believe they will fully concentrate on it after Raven's Cry is released.

Lomax

This "music video" was released about week ago... Haha, those lyrics are awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVCnkso1Ipc

Then there is this older in case you've missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZEAw4Efiqg

Atleast soundtrack of this game will be stunning.

That's... not what I expected when you said stunning.

I really hope pirates aren't the new zombies.

As someone who loves pirates and isn't fond of zombies, I'd be very in favor of this happening.

Jingo

I dont know how it will turn out since the game graphics already look very outdated,
It had a great idea and athmospere and that was what kept me with an eye open, wait it is:)

Top Bottom