• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NAtURAL DOCtRINE Import |OT| - GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
b3ewd7U.jpg

Official HP
http://www.n-doctrine.com/
http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/pljs70002.html

UPDATED 05/15/2014
NEW ENGLISH TRAILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT_hZ3lbv6s
*Special thanks to Alastor3 for the link!

Official trailers. (All in Japaneses)

Game guide part 1.

Game guide part 2

Promotional trailers

Creator Interview (Japanese)

My Gameplay Videos
15 minute introductory tutorial gameplay video here. (Click on Image to play)

*Spoilers warning & such
Gameplay from 2nd story stage. (Click on Image to play)

*Spoilers warning & such
Gameplay from 2nd story stage, my first actual playthrough in it. Amusing ending... plus what happens when you dont put much thought into how you go about combat. (Click on Image to play)

Video showing the character skill tree. The number at the very top that goes horizontally with the skills = level requirement. Also these skills can be changed at any time on the world map screen, but not while in combat. Useful so you can change up how your characters are depending on whats needed.

*Spoilers warning & such
Gameplay from the 3rd story stage. Part 1 & 2. (Click on Image to play)

*Spoilers warning & such
Gameplay from 4th story stage. (Click on Image to play)

Rank A Dungeon: Prepare to Die Edition (Click on Image to play)

*dont watch if you want to keep how one way of clearing the first part of the Rank A dungeon fresh.
Rank A Dungeon, first room cleared (Click on Image to play)

*Spoilers warning & such
30 minute run through another free dungeon. This is the one with 20 enemies on the floor. It takes a while due to all the enemies taking their turn and speeding it up doesnt really help much.

Heres footage from the Vita version running on the PSV TV. This is of the games starting tutorial. You can compare this video to the first one in the OP as thats all PS4 footage. But as you can see loading time is slightly longer on the Vita version. Asides for that runs perfectly fine for the most part, no complaints on my side.

(click on image to play video)

Both videos are from a brand new game at the start so no worries about any sort of story related spoilers in them. Though if you dont want to see dungeon event related spoilers, dont watch the 2nd video.

Footage from a run through one of the early free dungeons.(click on image to play video)

The following below is a post had made in a previous NaDoc related thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794471&page=3
Am currently uploading the first 15 minutes which is the introductory tutorial for the game. Its going to take a while to UL and Process though. Wonder if I should make an impressions thread.

From the tutorial I can see myself enjoying this game regardless of what the graphics look like. Seems to be something quite different with the combat system. Also guns are not manual fire. Its automatic, all you do in the TPV is aim and it will lock onto valid targets then authorizing the turn to advance will allow the character equipped with ranged weapon to attack. So its stats based more than semi-manual like Valk Chronicles for example. Which personally is appreciated as it gives a bit of an uneven playing field for the AI.

Can imagine things are going to be quite difficult too and will have to really pay attention to party formation and where the enemy is placed. Seeing how the whole chain attack system works both ways. Having someone advance too far on their own is a good way of getting surrounded and taken out by an enemy chain attack.

The graphical effects on the PS4 makes me think that the characters in the game along with the world is like some sort of diorama with figures lol. Think Warhammer sorta, must be the filter effect or something. You folks will see what Im talking about with the 1080p footage I have recorded once its done.

Having played more after that currently replaying the 2nd dungeon over multiple times thanks to having done something stupid each time which ended in me getting GAME OVER. Folks were not kidding when people were saying this was difficult.

I think its more you need to really play defensive, as going on the full offensive when you are up against equal numbers usually ends in one of your guys getting singled out and wailed on.

Graphically this game may turn off some folks, but I think this gameplay will have people hooked who are into strategy titles. Sure only spent about an hour with the title so far, but having died multiple times on the 2nd dungeon and replaying it over and over has got me enjoying the mechanics and how the game is teaching me to rethink the usual strategies and such. Also word of advice, there is a reason why some things are behind bars. If you dont know what Im talking about, you will when you see it.

Anyways Ill put links up to the recorded footage here once its all done uploading and processing over at Youtube.

Looking forward to hearing what others who picked up the game have to say about it also.

I bet famitsu rated it so-so due to getting their mudholes stomped in. Same with am sure what happened to them with Demons Souls.

---
VERY VERY IMPORTANT GAME MECHANIC

With this game units that can defend give the ability to grant another action to another unit in the same & or adjacent square(s). Which means you can move units in a chain out of their own turn. Laugh all you want at the diagram on cardboard below, but trust me its a pretty important mechanic that you will need to make use of in this game. Since the enemy sure as hell takes advantage of it every chance it gets, also explains the other function of defensive units. Pull them out into the front and allow another unit to pull back. Among other things that will make your overall experience a lot easier with the title itself.

AnfLAMs.png

Explanation of the diagram follows
*A & B are both unit types who can take the defensive stance. C is a non defensive stance unit.

#1: B moves first to square #2. A moves next to square #2 and takes the defensive stance.

#2: Due to A's defensive stance, B is allowed another turn and moves to square #3 and takes the defensive stance.

#3: Due to B's defensive stance, C is allowed an action and moves to square #4.

Will do a video later on to show the same thing, but till then the AWESOME cardboard diagram stays. Also with the above in mind, you might want to kill fuckers who can defend first along side ranged units to prevent the enemy from getting potential extra actions. Im trying to figure out if the effect works for anyone in the allied (blue) zone in general or if it has to be at least adjacent to the character taking the defensive stance. But one thing for certain is you do not need to be in the exact same square to give the effect to another ally. There does seem to be limitations with how it works to prevent things like infinite movement and such. Although the enemy when in large numbers does some real irritating stuff... Which you can see clearly in the next video Ill be posting. Though as always could consider it spoilers so view at own discretion.

Another important bit is characters who got another action turn from defense chain for example are unable to perform actions such as activating objects (door, chest, gate, switch, etc) but can do pretty much anything else. I think my cardboard diagram might be a little wrong since a reactivated defensive character cannot be used to reactivate another character further away.

Ok need to totally re-do the initial diagram about the whole defense extra turn system. This one while it looks confusing as fuck should be the most correct after having more experience with the game and gaining a better understanding. Before we begin with the explanation of what the hell is scribbled out heres a "key" for all the icons used.

KEY
A, B, C, D = Player Characters
*A, *B = Player Characters with Defensive Skills (As those are what activates the free actions)
Solid Line = Player Movement
Dotted Line = Denoting who is granted a free action from the defensive skill activated by "A or B".

Terminology
Reserve Turn = Action performed when a free action is obtained which keeps your "Turn Icon" where it is at on the "Turn Bar" at the top of the screen. Partaking in a free action will count as an action taken on the turn bar, therefore pushing you further back in the turn rotation.

RYtZ3zm.png

1: A moves to Square #2 and Defends. Giving free actions to B & D.
2: D takes free action and moves to Square #2.
3: B Reserves Turn not taking the free action, but keeping his place on the "Turn Bar".
4: B takes its normal turn and moves to Square #3 and Defends. Giving free actions to A, B and C.
5: A takes the free action and moves to #4
6: D takes the free action and moves to #4
7: C takes the free action and moves to #5

---

Useful wiki for those who can read Japanese. Also no sorry I dont translate things for people, so if you cant read the stuff in here cant help you. As doing posts for GAF takes up time enough as is.
http://kamikouryaku.xsrv.jp/naturaldoctrine/?%A5%A2%A5%B9%A5%E4%A5%C3%A5%C8%B8%C5%B0%E4%C0%D7%B7%B2

---

*UPDATE*

Ok heres a slightly easier to understand explanation of how the initiative chain system works.

The easiest way I can explain the whole chain initiative is basically when it is a players turn, any action that effects your other team members will give them an extra turn (though using that extra turn pushes them back on the turn bar as if they had used their turn normally)

Attacking an enemy, all valid allies will be included. Which is why generally ranged is much more better than melee for starting this it seems.

Defending / using a skill such as ranged crit / accuracy up type of skills will give an extra initiative turn to any ally adjacent to the player

Using an item or spell on a player will give an extra initiative to all party members in same square as targeted ally.

Using an all party effect will give extra initiative to all party members. Such as Anca & Jeff's aura buffs.

As long as the character you are using is their turn and not a turn given by the chain initiative you can create chain initiatives for the other party members.

Even something like using a healing item from a distance will cause a chain initiative which I use sometimes even if the targeted ally's life is full. Allowing said ally to attack a target killing it, which removes it from the turn bar. Allowing my next party member to have their turn which I use to set off an all new chain initiative.

Hope that makes sense.

badgenome

This is heartening. I actually really like the graphical style, and I'm quite psyched that NISA is bringing this over.

Always appreciate your impressions on J-games, Mr. Parakeet. (Even if I'm ignoring you and buying MIND≒0 anyway, lolz.)

MSMrRound

Hasemo on Twitter traded his PS4 copy in for 4K yen straight away after livestreaming it for a bit, saying the PS4 version of the game is not worthy for the console itself.

Elliot Gay from Japanator (who's sort of a barometer for me) is saying that from the looks of things (as well as 2ch), the general reaction is that it's on the same tier as his two favourite titles: Tokitowa and Exstetra.

Yup, hope that this is the Valkyria Chronicles spiritual successor I'm looking for is slowly getting well and truly extinguished.

Parakeetman

Hasemo on Twitter traded his PS4 copy in for 4K yen straight away after livestreaming it for a bit, saying the PS4 version of the game is not worthy for the console itself.

Elliot Gay from Japanator (who's sort of a barometer for me) is saying that it's on the same tier as his two favourite titles: Tokitowa and Exstetra.

Yup, hope that this is the Valkyria Chronicles spiritual successor I'm looking for is well and truly extinguished.

lol truthfully anyone thinking that it was Valkyria Chronicles really has themselves to blame. Its one reason why you should never expect Game A to be like Game B.

Im finding this title to be pretty good so far. For sure will be spending the whole weekend with this.

*Edit
One thing for sure its really going to have a love / hate crowd with how the title is designed.

The following below was taken from my last post in the previous Natural Doctrine pre-release thread which can be found here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794471

Having played more after that currently replaying the 2nd dungeon over multiple times thanks to having done something stupid each time which ended in me getting GAME OVER. Folks were not kidding when people were saying this was difficult.

I think its more you need to really play defensive, as going on the full offensive when you are up against equal numbers usually ends in one of your guys getting singled out and wailed on.

Graphically this game may turn off some folks, but I think this gameplay will have people hooked who are into strategy titles. Sure only spent about an hour with the title so far, but having died multiple times on the 2nd dungeon and replaying it over and over has got me enjoying the mechanics and how the game is teaching me to rethink the usual strategies and such. Also word of advice, there is a reason why some things are behind bars. If you dont know what Im talking about, you will when you see it.

Anyways Ill put links up to the recorded footage here once its all done uploading and processing over at Youtube.

Looking forward to hearing what others who picked up the game have to say about it also.

I bet famitsu rated it so-so due to getting their mudholes stomped in. Same with am sure what happened to them with Demons Souls.

Also related to the game will have an extra "PS4 Omochidashi Pack" for sale which is the Physical PS4 game + digital download code for a PS Vita version. *Japanese PSN account needed
Price for this is 72.00 USD + Shipping by Japan Post Office EMS. Will include tracking number and instructions on how to track your package.

Yesss this is just what I wanted to hear. Very glad to hear this. Natural Doctrine is officially on my buy list now :)

Elliot Gay from Japanator (who's sort of a barometer for me) is saying that it's on the same tier as his two favourite titles: Tokitowa and Exstetra.

Yup, hope that this is the Valkyria Chronicles spiritual successor I'm looking for is well and truly extinguished.

I don't think Elliot actually played it, he's basing his opinion of off Hasemo.

Parakeetman

Yesss this is just what I wanted to hear. Very glad to hear this. Natural Doctrine is officially on my buy list now :)

Im currently uploading another 13 minute? video of me totally fucking up an actually good run on the 2nd battle getting a well deserved GAME OVER.

Should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect.

The other recording was such a mess the footage isnt worth watching since I screwed up in so many different places lol.

Updated the first post with the 15 minute tutorial gameplay video. 1080p quality still might be processing if the quality initially looks like shit, as it just finished on this side. Also on the topic of the games graphics, this title most def is something you will have to play for the gameplay and not the pretty graphics. I myself am one who cares more about gameplay over graphics, since a shiny turd is still a turd.

Shengar

Fire Emblem Awakening does this too on Hard difficulty (don't ask me about Lunatic lol) especially the early chapter. Play defensively if you don't want to get wiped out since the enemy have number advantage while there isn't any significant strength difference between your unit and theirs.

Anyway, the impression pretty much tells me that this is a game I should buy. Looking forward for localization. Finally a SRPG on my Vita :3

Parakeetman

The high difficulty doesn't sound that interesting to me. Sorry, I am too casual for this :(

Sorry yeah I wouldnt recommend this game if you are a casual gamer or someone who doesnt like stress. Seriously. Do mean casual gamer in a bad way, but mean it as someone who wants to just not have to stress out over a game.

When my 2nd video gets uploaded you will see what I mean.

This game really is going to have a cult following I think. But bad part is if the whole game is constantly this difficult, its going to be hard to get the non core gamers to try it out.

Fire Emblem Awakening does this too on Hard difficulty (don't ask me about Lunatic lol) especially the early chapter. Play defensively if you don't want to get wiped out since the enemy have number advantage while there isn't any significant strength difference between your unit and theirs.

Anyway, the impression pretty much tells me that this is a game I should buy. Looking forward for localization. Finally a SRPG on my Vita :3

I will upload the 2nd recording I did the one with me totally fucking things up as gives a pretty good example of what not to do. The current video that am ULing is the better example with one wrong move at the end which ruins everything.

matmanx1

If it plays anything like Valkyria Chronicles then sign me up. Not that I am expecting it to BE exactly like Valkyria but if it is a more active, three dimensional perspective SRPG then I am very interested.

Parakeetman

If it plays anything like Valkyria Chronicles then sign me up.

It doesnt really. Going to have to say folks will need to get the idea that its anything like Valkyria Chronicles out of their head as this title is rather different. As its not really action based or uses an AP type of system.

Not trying to slight your comment or what you thought about the game, but need to put the boot down that the game is nothing like Valk C. asides from having a TPV for one of the camera modes. Reason why want to be so clear about that is folks are going to get all hyped up over nothing then let down harder than a sack of bricks when they find out the gameplay is totally different. Which is why am trying to record footage now and upload it so people can see actual gameplay from another GAF member that isnt "manufactured" footage from the maker.

Really would not want any other GAF members to go rushing out picking up the game thinking its like X only to be disappointed that its Y instead.

I reckon the other vid should be done processing in an hour if we are lucky. Takes a while due to the quality / length.

Shengar

lol truthfully anyone thinking that it was Valkyria Chronicles really has themselves to blame. Its one reason why you should never expect Game A to be like Game B.

Im finding this title to be pretty good so far. For sure will be spending the whole weekend with this.

*Edit
One thing for sure its really going to have a love / hate crowd with how the title is designed.

When one thing said "inspired", I prefer it to take some element from inspiration source and developed it to become something else, not simply mimic which most of the time ended up become a cheap copy. Personally, I couldn't see SRPG with melee weapon could exactly worked like Valkyria Chronicles.

Parakeetman

When one thing said "inspired", I prefer it to take some element from inspiration source and developed it to become something else, not simply mimic which most of the time ended up become a cheap copy. Personally, I couldn't see SRPG with melee weapon could exactly worked like Valkyria Chronicles.

Actually thats what 2 shining series games attempted to do on the PSP. Shining Blade and Shining Ark I think were the titles. Didnt care for them that much. Theres that and I hate Tony Taka art too so that doesnt help.

Even PlayAsia the description they apparently are trying to use Valkyrie Chronicles to drive hype behind the game incorrectly.

Shengar

Actually thats what 2 shining series games attempted to do on the PSP. Shining Blade and Shining Ark I think were the titles. Didnt care for them that much. Theres that and I hate Tony Taka art too so that doesnt help.

Even PlayAsia the description they apparently are trying to use Valkyrie Chronicles to drive hype behind the game incorrectly.

Welp, this is the first Killzone "Halo killer" type of 3rd party marketing all over again, though the developer themselves didn't exactly says so.
I hope the sales satisfactory enough to warrant sequel and localization.

Parakeetman

Welp, this is the first Killzone "Halo killer" type of 3rd party marketing all over again, though the developer themselves didn't exactly says so.
I hope the sales satisfactory enough to warrant sequel and localization.

Truthfully dont think the sales are going to be that great. As this game will piss off a lot of folks I can imagine. That and the graphics are not exactly "awesome" so it will be another strike against it when folks pick up the package and look at it in stores.

Its not the incorrect marketing, its more just assumptions made based off of screenshots and early trailers more than anything. Then from there just running with it instead of actually knowing whats going on with said title. There really isnt an excuse here since the official trailer pretty much explained what the game was about and how it played for the most part.

Lusankya

Well, the graphics are really bad for the PS4, but at least the Vita verison will probably don't look any worse. Hope the game is good, I really want a new, good SRPG.

Parakeetman

I'm surprised by the amount of people who are turned off by the graphics of an SRPG.

Its just how people are these days, I mean shit people complain about things like KZ: Shadowfall and Infamous Second Son for christ sake.

---

2nd video is currently processing now.

Back to dying more while it processes. After I add the link to the original post will be heading to sleep as got work today.

Coxy

I feel like this game is going to get a lot of "I suck at this game therefore this game sucks" type reviews

Parakeetman

I feel like this game is going to get a lot of "I suck at this game therefore this game sucks" type reviews

Yep pretty much can see that happening.

But cant really blame some people too much since I havent died in a game so fast like this early on since the first time I played a SFC Romancing SaGa game. lol Then again I play Wizardry type of games so dying isnt all that new of a concept to me.

The game doesn't look bad at all IMO.

Personally Im more of a gameplay over graphics sort of guy and my standing opinion as of right now is this game is pretty damned cool. Will have to see what the larger battles are like, but those sort of impressions will have to wait till tomorrow as will have all weekend to play with it and advance further. Right now am currently hopping in and out of the game to monitor the thread and the progress on the 2nd video upload.

Seems interesting. This was announced for NA right? I'd like to save import costs if possible.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/04/02/natural-doctrine-coming-to-ps3-ps4-vita-in-us-and-europe-this/

Yeah in the fall apparently for US / EU.

ranmafan

My copy of the ps4/vita pack arrives tomorrow. Really hate how amazon japan doesn't deliver on release day anymore unless you choose expedited shipping now. Im really not sure why, maybe cause I like srpgs or the artstyle interested me, but I've been really looking forward to this game. Don't mind the difficulty at all. A big challenge is a plus for me. Plus I have an interest in titles that don't do too well or are generally disliked. Hopefully I will enjoy it a lot.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yep pretty much can see that happening.

But cant really blame some people too much since I havent died in a game so fast like this early on since the first time I played a SFC Romancing SaGa game. lol Then again I play Wizardry type of games so dying isnt all that new of a concept to me.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/04/02/natural-doctrine-coming-to-ps3-ps4-vita-in-us-and-europe-this/

Yeah in the fall apparently for US / EU.
Awesome! Another game to add to the PS4 collection.

Shiina

Just seen someone stream the game. The music seemed good but really out of place. The gameplay looked kind of bare. Not sure what to think of the game.

Parakeetman

My copy of the ps4/vita pack arrives tomorrow. Really hate how amazon japan doesn't deliver on release day anymore unless you choose expedited shipping now. Im really not sure why, maybe cause I like srpgs or the artstyle interested me, but I've been really looking forward to this game. Don't mind the difficulty at all. A big challenge is a plus for me. Plus I have an interest in titles that don't do too well or are generally disliked. Hopefully I will enjoy it a lot.

Glad to hear you ordered it too. am sure you will have a good time, since I find this title to be quite unique.

One thing that you will have to get used to, unless Im missing something with the game mechanics is planning for melee users. Reason being is once you kill your target in an adjacent square / area, your characters in said square will advance and occupy the one where the enemies were previously. Which can cause you to be put out into the open more allowing for ranged enemies to attack in their next turn. You will see what I mean from watching the videos

Just seen someone stream the game. The music seemed good but really out of place. The gameplay looked kind of bare. Not sure what to think of the game.

You will have to give me a bit more time to advance further in the game starting from tomorrow night and will let you know how things play out in later levels.

---------

2nd video has been added to the OP. Give it a little time if the 1080p setting isnt showing up yet as it just processed.

Lusankya

I'm surprised by the amount of people who are turned off by the graphics of an SRPG.

Well, I don't care whether the graphics uses state of the art new technology or are outdated, I only care whether I think the game is good looking or not.
E:g. I think there are many 20 years old games that are very beautiful, while many newer games that were state of the art when they were released are much uglier.

This game has nice artwork (the box, the title screen), but ingame at least the first level and the characters look really dull. Everything is so gray and not nice looking.

Parakeetman

One thing Im concerned about is how much damage the company is going to take if the title doesnt sell to an acceptable level for them to at least break even, since multiplatform releases are not exactly cheap. Considering this is on 3. PS3 / PS4 / PSV.

Kinda a ballsy move considering what the game looks like. Which folks apparently are taking offense at with the PS4 version in particular unfortunately.

Parakeetman

Anyways folks apologies for having to duck out but work calls D:

Will be back in the evening again and will have the thread open on the ipad as I play the game to be able to answer questions and whatnots while advancing the story.

Thanks to all those who stopped by and posted! You all have yourselves a great friday!

Puru

It actually looks interesting, i will wait for more comments on how it gets further in but i'm definitly interested in getting this from what i see.

Parakeetman

It actually looks interesting, i will wait for more comments on how it gets further in but i'm definitly interested in getting this from what i see.

Tomorrow Ill try to get as much footage as possible showing off different maps and such. Since right now its not the most exciting stuff I know in the 2 videos.

Am currently uploading my first run through the 2nd dungeon which has an amusing ending lol. Will put that up before I leave in the morning.

Really the graphics aren't bad. I'm perfectly fine with those graphics, its got like a PS1 CG art style. My only question is the length of the game. Man it would be cool if it had MP.

Parakeetman

Really the graphics aren't bad. I'm perfectly fine with those graphics, its got like a PS1 CG art style. My only question is the length of the game. Man it would be cool if it had MP.

It actually does have H2H MP apparently. Not the most information in the Gematsu link below but does confirm the mode.
http://gematsu.com/2014/02/natural-doctrine-multiplayer-detailed

Sorry the link above was an older post of theirs. Here is a newer one
http://gematsu.com/2014/03/form-your-own-deck-natural-doctrine-online-mode

Also for those who buy the game go into options and turn off the facebook linking. I went WTF at that being On by default, let alone being in the game at all.

Im not bothered by the graphics all that much. Considering I liked the original Valhalla Knights game on the PSP this looks awesome in comparison haha. But do know for a fact there are going to be a ton of folks who will be turned off by how the game looks unfortunately.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Good to hear a dissenting opinion among comments like "on the level of tokitowa and extetra" because this seems right up my alley. Animations look a little stiff but I'm sure it'll feel at home on the Vita.

Parakeetman

Good to hear a dissenting opinion among comments like "on the level of tokitowa and extetra" because this seems right up my alley. Animations look a little stiff but I'm sure it'll feel at home on the Vita.

Im glad I can jump back and forth between the PS4 / PSV. Im curious if it will work with the PSV TV. Need to check on that tomorrow. Yeah currently what Ive seen with the animations is they most def are nothing to write home about. Though its nice seeing actually parries, blocks and dodges take place during the attack phase on occasions.

Fuck I should be sleeping D:

Parakeetman

With the ranged characters you have to be sure to give them a clear line of sight which includes not blocking them with your own party members. As if that happens, they will be unable to counter attack or lead up a shot after taking down their initial target.

It actually does have H2H MP apparently. Not the most information in the Gematsu link below but does confirm the mode.
http://gematsu.com/2014/02/natural-doctrine-multiplayer-detailed

Sorry the link above was an older post of theirs. Here is a newer one
http://gematsu.com/2014/03/form-your-own-deck-natural-doctrine-online-mode

Also for those who buy the game go into options and turn off the facebook linking. I went WTF at that being On by default, let alone being in the game at all.

Im not bothered by the graphics all that much. Considering I liked the original Valhalla Knights game on the PSP this looks awesome in comparison haha. But do know for a fact there are going to be a ton of folks who will be turned off by how the game looks unfortunately.

Man you got me so excited but that looks like a lame card game. They seem to have a solid battle system why couldn't they jsut use that for MP. That would be so awesome, srpg multiplayer.

Shiina

Wow that Game Over really surprised me. The battles seem pretty lengthy for it to just end as soon as any of your characters die. Is that only with (story related) uniques or does the game not have any generic characters?

Wereroku

Man you got me so excited but that looks like a lame card game. They seem to have a solid battle system why couldn't they jsut use that for MP. That would be so awesome, srpg multiplayer.

I don't think the multiplayer is a card game. I think the cards are just how you select your units that are then deployed. Kind of a weird way of handling unit selection but since they are unlocked by playing the game maybe the will have some dlc to get special cards and stuff like that.

Parakeetman

Wow that Game Over really surprised me. The battles seem pretty lengthy for it to just end as soon as any of your characters die. Is that only with (story related) uniques or does the game not have any generic characters?

Since its the start of the game all 4 of those characters are main story related ones, so basically if any of them die its GAME OVER MAN lol.

It really teaches you to be very careful about your actions and paying attention to the overall situation with the battlefield.

Cant wait to get farther into the game.

*Edit
fuck looking at the graphic I should have put the Natural Doctrine title on the bottom and the GAF IIT above it. :/ screw it not going to fix the damned thing a third time.

matmanx1

I don't mind the graphics at all actually. I just like the fact that it is a mature themed SRPG with a third person camera system. And hard is fine too, actually, as long as it is a fair hard and a not a cheap hard (although come to think of it, most SRPG's are cheap at times with enemies popping onto the map after you think you've been victorious).

Anyway, thanks for the impressions and I look forward to more of them when you have the time.

Parakeetman

I don't mind the graphics at all actually. I just like the fact that it is a mature themed SRPG with a third person camera system. And hard is fine too, actually, as long as it is a fair hard and a not a cheap hard (although come to think of it, most SRPG's are cheap at times with enemies popping onto the map after you think you've been victorious).

Anyway, thanks for the impressions and I look forward to more of them when you have the time.

The TPV is used more for targeting things easier. To target yourself with self healing for example you need to switch to the overhead camera. Though I wish you could rotate the camera sometimes when using an action from the overhead view such as throwing the bomb. As wanted to confirm that my allies were 100% out of the blast radius. Couldnt tell as couldnt rotate the camera at the same time as moving the bomb toss icon around. D:

thanks for the videos. as a vita game, this definitely looks fine, & playable, to me...

If the Vita version works with the VTV I can also record footage from that so people can see what it looks like. That will have to wait till this evening though unfortunately. As Ive already procrastinated sleeping long enough as is lol. After checking the main site doesnt seem to specifically have the Vita TV listed as a supported device?

Hmm the Vita TV website too does not have it listed currently. Good news is at least the Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment will. Perhaps it will be patched in later. As cant imagine the game would do something stupid like use screen poking. (as you can tell from my tone am not a fan of shit like that)

---

On a separate note might return the extra copy to Amazon.JP if no one decides to purchase it from me.

Top Bottom