• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion runs at 1080/60 on PS4, 900/60 on Xbox One

Jomjom

Banned
http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/11/p...at-1080p-on-sonys-box-and-900p-on-microsofts/

Trials Fusion hits Wednesday for the PS4, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 (and PC on April 24), and developer RedLynx promises that it runs at a smooth 60 frames per second on all of those systems. It will not, however, run at the same resolution. Ubisoft has confirmed to GamesBeat that Fusion will run at 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox One. Those numbers refer to the number of horizontal lines the game is rendering for every frame of animation.

Isn't this an indie game that's not that graphic intensive?

blazeuk

Such a shame, would have preferred to use my XBO controller, but switching my preorder to the PS4 version instead.

SFenton

Ah my bad, changed the title.

Unfortunately that doesn't change the title that people see (mods have to edit it IIRC) so prepare for an influx of resolution touters.

I just hope it's smooth on both platforms! I don't particularly care about 900p, but the 1080 will be nice and sharp.

Cool, glad to see Ubisoft isn't afraid to give gamers a better version on one console to force "parity" after The Crew developers out right went and said they're reaching for parity.

Great news for gamers. :)

charsace

The issue with these games is the management of the sram. Hopefully MS sends me two dev systems so that I can see for myself. :(

I'm never much of a resolution/FPS snob, but the gameplay of Trials demands 60FPS, so as long as they have it locked there, it'll be a great experience on any system.

Boss Mog

Isn't this just a PSN/XBL game? Are the graphics that impressive that the Xbone can't handle it in 1080p? Seems really surprising to me.

Jomjom

Banned
I've PMed all the mods I could find who are online right now. Hopefully it gets changed soon. I'm really sorry.

EDIT: Yay thanks!

Into

Strange, it does not look like a graphically intensive title at all, and Trials for me has always been connected with the Xbox brand first. (yes i know of the flash versions)

Hexa

As far as I understand it on Xbox One due to the esRAM limitations developers can't use many types of AA/AF at 1080p/60fps. This would fit that, since c'mon, it's god damn trials.

ethomaz

Banned
Expected.

But I remember some developer related to Trials that said the SDK will improve and catch the PS4.

scitek

Boss★Moogle;107833101 said:
Isn't this just a PSN/XBL game? Are the graphics that impressive that the Xbone can't handle it in 1080p? Seems really surprising to me.
Guessing since it doesn't run at 1080p the answer is yes.

Expected.

But I remember some developer related to Trials that said the SDK will improve and catch the PS4.

In what magical land doesn't the PS4 SDK also improve?

Bgamer90

Banned
Very interesting. Not disappointed at all since the previous entries in the series weren't "mind blowingly" good looking either (and I never played the game for its looks) but definitely wonder why it can't reach 1080p on the Xbox One. The (improved) physics possibly?

Krakn3Dfx

Ok guys, I called all of my friends and told them it was 720p based on the thread topic, so we should be...

...wait...

...dammit.

Seriously, can't wait for more Trials.

How on earth did the OP make such a mistake? It's not like it's not clearly stated it's 900p on the X1.

The op is Yoshida, the plant is real.

Top Bottom