• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us Sequel in Development

This news got buried with the Arkham Knight delay rumor.

“DC showed the Blur Studios’ CG trailer for Arkham Knight, which earned a lot of cheers and applause. It was pretty loud, so you can’t blame someone for not hearing what came next, but it wasn’t an Arkham Knight delay.

While people were applauding and cheering, they specifically say that Batman: Arkham Knight would be released later this year. After that statement is what most people didn’t hear, and they said to prepare for the return of Injustice. The “not a 2014 title” statement applied to the new Injustice, not the Batman sequel. No other details about the new Injustice, such as who is developing it, was revealed but it is apparently on the way…just not this year.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman_movies/news/?a=98717

Magwik

Banned
Injustice must have sold much better than MK9 I assume? Either way good news. But they really need to to get better with the map selection and character selection. Fucking Scorpion.

Tucah

you speak so well
Great news, Injustice was awesome. I liked the universe a ton from the story mode of the first game, I'm excited to see where they go with a sequel.

JayEH

I'm not surprised by this but can we trust any info coming out of this panel? Nobody else is saying Arkham Knight is a 2015 game.

Edit: Read article wrong.

Hopefully it will have updated or different character designs. I like Netherrealm's games but their character designs and art are not very pleasing to the eye to say the least, especially the female characters.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I would rather have a new Mortal Kombat.

I would rather have a new Injustice. After playing INJ, I can't go back to MK and hold this button to block. Ok, only way I would play MK again is if you go down to the Bronx and get breast milk from a Cambodian immigrant. I only drink the finest of breast milks.

Khezu

Injustice must have sold much better than MK9 I assume? Either way good news. But they really need to to get better with the map selection and character selection. Fucking Scorpion.

I think it actually sold less then MK9.

NRS seem to very much be making MK10, so this is probably just a reminder that Injustice is still a thing? Or some other developer is making the sequel.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Injustice feels like it would have been fine as a standalone game. I don't think it really warranted getting a sequel, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Marvel

could never
I haven't even played the first game yet, I must try it.

Would have liked a new MK first though.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Hopefully it will have updated or different character designs. I like Netherrealm's games but their character designs and art are not very pleasing to the eye to say the least, especially the female characters.

This seriously needs to happen.

Omega

Banned
Keep it to DC characters and a better roster.

Why someone like Darkseid is absent from the roster is absurd. Add Grodd or something as well.

Really hope they can get the art right.

Honestly, I'd be thrilled if they changed the art style; even if it were similar to MvC it would look great. Injustice has to have one of the ugliest aesthetics I've seen in a fighting game. I understand that it's a spin-off of MK, but I have no idea what NR was thinking placing comic book characters with that style.

I would rather have a new Injustice. After playing INJ, I can't go back to MK and hold this button to block. Ok, only way I would play MK again is if you go down to the Bronx and get breast milk from a Cambodian immigrant. I only drink the finest of breast milks.

XS5LK.gif

Chapelle Show

TreIII

Expected. I'll look forward to seeing it after MK10, ideally.

Though, I wonder how large is Netherrealm now, for it to be able to support developing these games almost concurrently.

lolmark

Excellent news! Hopefully NRS will take all the lessons they learned from latest patch to make a better balanced game. Also, for god sake, please improve art direction of the game!

vg260

Really hope they can get the art right.

Honestly, I'd be thrilled if they changed the art style; even if it were similar to MvC it would look great. Injustice has to have one of the ugliest aesthetics I've seen in a fighting game. I understand that it's a spin-off of MK, but I have no idea what NR was thinking placing comic book characters with that style.

Yes. I would like to see that improved.

Top Bottom