• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft responds - "Why the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Authority

Banned
x200.jpg

2508820-yusuf+mehdi+shows+off+the+xbone's+killer+app.gif

kaz50centbjjqa.gif

Reasons

• They are 40+ markets that Sony is in where we are in 13.
  • Xbox 360 owners enjoy their systems more than PlayStation 3 owners do, so they are less inclined to upgrade.

13996675900698e-big-1.jpg

Greatest quotes by Yusuf Mehdi

"Xbox 360 to sell 25 million more units and next gen is going to sell 1 billion units"

With more than 7 million units sold to date, Sony's PlayStation 4 is the top-selling new console, ahead of Microsoft's Xbox One, which has shipped (not sold) 5 million units to date. In an interview with Forbes, Microsoft chief marketing and strategy officer Yusuf Mehdi laid out some reasons why his console is lagging behind, at least right now.

The PS4 won't have a such a dramatic regional availability advantage for much longer, as the Xbox One will be released in Japan and 25 other regions in September. Addressing the impact the Xbox One's new $399 price point could have on the platform's viability going forward, Mehdi said the new price "broadens the appeal and hopefully brings more people to Xbox One sooner." He acknowledged that the original $499 price point was too steep an asking price for some gamers.

Credit to Why is the PS4 outselling the Xbox One? Microsoft weighs in

Nozem

Xbox 360 owners enjoy their systems more than PlayStation 3 owners do, so they are less inclined to upgrade.
Holy shit.

Got to give it to him, that's some creative spinning.

driver116

Reasons
  • Xbox 360 owners enjoy their systems more than PlayStation 3 owners do, so they are less inclined to upgrade.

Such an arrogant thing to say.

Edit - So they acknowledge they have fluffed the Xbox One's launch, vision, execution etc - then turn round a year later and say this. FFS I genuinely thought they were done with this weird, arrogant, spin everything attitude.

Shouldn't it be the other way around?
My enjoyment of the psx made me all the more eager to get a ps2 on day one.
(same with the OG xbox making me want a 360 as soon as it was out)

Raist

Banned
God I hate when websites take an interview from another site, split it in like 5 parts, and make 5 "news" out of it.

Anyway, it's complete BS and Mehdi's a fool.

StuBurns

Banned
What are they going to say when they launch in those markets and no one cares?

The second statement is really embarrassing.

Spencer's trying to steer the ship and Mehdi's just spraying gun fire at the sails for fun.

pswii60

This is just regurgitated from the Yusef Mehdi interview which has already been posted and discussed.

From the OP title I was expecting some kind of official MS response to the situation.

I enjoyed my PS3 more than the 360 (I preferd the original xbox over the ps2) and I own both XB1 and PS4.

Nice to read they've decided that's the reason though.....

Metallix87

[*] Xbox 360 owners enjoy their systems more than PlayStation 3 owners do, so they are less inclined to upgrade.

This is a moronic statement, since it's impossible to determine what system each current Xbone and PS4 owner had during the previous generation. Good job, Microsoft, for saying something utterly stupid.

Kru

Oh my good lord, I know 6 people with xbox 360s who upgraded.... to the ps4.

I still have my ps3, hell I dont think i will ever dump that, best gaming of my life was done on that console.

Can we please go over the whole 40 countries thing? That isn't an excuse, considering PS4 launched in only 2 countries and continued to outsell the xbox one when it launched in 13 countries a mere week later.

Reasons

Markets makes sense, but the second reason is an self-burn on the One. Medhi is saying the Xbox One does not change up enough things for people to want to upgrade compared to PS4. Unless you show why One is so much better than the 360, this is going to be the case for a long time.

King_Moc

Banned
Massively in denial. And those 27 markets that you chose to make "second tier"? Guess what? You'd have sold fuck all there as well.

Reasons

With more than 7 million units sold to date, Sony's PlayStation 4 is the top-selling new console, ahead of Microsoft's Xbox One, which has shipped (not sold) 5 million units to date. In an interview with Forbes, Microsoft chief marketing and strategy officer Yusuf Mehdi laid out some reasons why his console is lagging behind, at least right now.

The PS4 won't have a such a dramatic regional availability advantage for much longer, as the Xbox One will be released in Japan and 25 other regions in September. Addressing the impact the Xbox One's new $399 price point could have on the platform's viability going forward, Mehdi said the new price "broadens the appeal and hopefully brings more people to Xbox One sooner." He acknowledged that the original $499 price point was too steep an asking price for some gamers.

1 - sure, i bet belgium or sweden are the decisive countries that spins the balance
2 - so arrogant...

Admitting having a bad strategy and turning it off because you listen to customers is a good thing guys.

Holy shit.

Got to give it to him, that's some creative spinning.

Its not spin, its just utter tripe.

MS dropped 360 support like a rock leaving the system a desolate and vacuous system.

Whereas Sony has continued to support the PS3, as well as continuing support from 3rd parties.

If anyone had a valid reason to upgrade, its the Xbox 360 owners, not the Ps3 audience..

Wow.

Like I said before its pretty funny how they can remain so arrogant when they've stumbled every step of this generation so far.

Ploid 3.0

People was so tired of last gen consoles. PS4 is selling fast, places actually had supply problems. This holliday is going to be interesting (another chance for people to get new consoles).

Brohan

Wow that sheer arrogance, i wonder if they actually believe the shit they are spouting.

They should know that in alot of the markets the ps4 has launched in it is still very hard to get your hands on one.

Here in the Netherlands i have yet to encounter a ps4 laying in the shops, people are still very much waiting on pre-orders that they have made months ago.

In the meanwhile even though the Xbox One has officialy only released in 13 countries it is readily available in alot more including here in the Netherlands.

Alpende

They are 40+ markets that Sony is in where we are in 13.

Xbox 360 owners enjoy their systems more than PlayStation 3 owners do, so they are less inclined to upgrade.

The first reason I can get behind the second reason is so much bullshit. You can't come up with that shit.

Troll-y thread is troll-y.

EDIT: Just saying, this has already been discussed elsewhere - conclusion: Yusef needs to shutup. The end.

360 owners are happy? After the way they pulled the rug out from under the machine a couple of years ago? Not bloody likely!

MightyKAC

Half of me wants to be offended but the other part of me is loving all the drama and trash talk WAY too much to see it end.

Console wars AHOY!!!!!

Oh and there first reason is a complete fallacy too.

So what if Sony is in more markets? There supply is heavily constrained by being in all those markets and in the markets that XB1 is in, PS4 still sells more.

They need to acknowledge their legitimate issues and talk about how they are going to rectify them, not provide inane excuses for their lacking sales.

N30RYU

Reasons

Then... why bothering dropping kinect...

What a bunch of assholes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom