• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft responds - "Why the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasons

• They are 40+ markets that Sony is in where we are in 13.
  • Xbox 360 owners enjoy their systems more than PlayStation 3 owners do, so they are less inclined to upgrade.
Oh wow. That's... That's something. I don't know about other countries, but the Xbone is pretty much available at every major games retailer in Scandinavia, despite not having launched here, so the "we've only launched in 13 markets" thing is very much inaccurate compared to the situation on the ground.

As for their second argument... Yeah, nope, not even gonna go there.

I actually believe that if you are satisfied with X system from X editor, you would be more enclined to upgrade to the next one as you put trust and get satisfaction from the previous system. Not upgrading to the Xbox One because people enjoy their 360 better, means the Xbox One fails to seduce Xbox360 users so far

Denzar

Oh wow. That's... That's something. I don't know about other countries, but the Xbone is pretty much available in every major game retailer in Scandinavia, despite not having launched here, so the "we've only launched in 13 markets" thing is very much inaccurate compared to the situation on the ground.

As for their second argument... Yeah, no.

Same here in Belgium, and all I hear in my store is people begging for those PS4's to arrive.

Its not like they abandoned the 360 two years ago while Sony continued to support the Ps3 with high quality 1st party software, even after the Ps4 launched(GT6).
2013 was one oft the best years for the Ps3 in terms of exclusives, while the 360 had pretty much nothing.

If anything, many Ps3 owners bought a Ps4 because Sony convinced them that they're "the best place to play" with games like The Last Of Us.

At least for me thats partially the case. Based on what I saw on 360 and Ps3 I'm pretty sure that Ps4 is going to have more and better exclusive software, even though its not apparant right now.

N30RYU

Oh wow. That's... That's something. I don't know about other countries, but the Xbone is pretty much available in every major game retailer in Scandinavia, despite not having launched here, so the "we've only launched in 13 markets" thing is very much inaccurate compared to the situation on the ground.

As for their second argument... Yeah, no.

With all the stock the retailers have surely they could have supplied all that +40 countries without the need for retailers to import the console from other regions.

Meh. I've owned both consoles. This gen has been a great disappointment. Given that I think Destiny looks a bit tits, the only game I'm looking forward to this year is DriveClub.

Arguing about this shit is a bit like arguing who slept with the bush pig first.

myrares

Banned

As for their second argument... Yeah, nope, not even gonna go there.

That's only a few markets.

I don't see how his explanation is inaccurate.

Chuckpebble

The only problem with the XBox One is that the 360 was too good.

(Someone will shop that image I'm thinking of together, I just know it.)

Wasn't he the one that did the fake kinect voice presentation during the reveal only for everyone to realise he had a clicker in his pocket controlling everything?
Yup. But kept repeating things to show how fast his fake demo was

He also said regarding DRM gamers wouldn't be concerned in details and gamers would buy the system anyway

Meh. I've owned both consoles. This gen has been a great disappointment. Given that I think Destiny looks a bit tits, the only game I'm looking forward to this year is DriveClub.

Arguing about this shit is a bit like arguing who slept with the bush pig first.
It took PS3 two years to build a decent library. Heck, Wii U this year is just now getting a decent library. I will wait until 2015 to judge this gen.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
"Now that we've dropped Kinect, what can we do to help boost sales even more?"
"How about we utter complete bullshit, Gaf won't notice."
"What's Gaf?"
"Just a small online gaming community. Nobody listens to them."
"Ok then, bullshit it is."

maverick40

This whole console launch will be studied by universities for years to come about how to not do PR. They are a complete disaster.

Bundy

Banned
Wasn't he the one that did the fake kinect voice presentation during the reveal only for everyone to realise he had a clicker in his pocket controlling everything?

Wait, this happened?

Yep, it was Yusuf Mehdi.

ahh.gif

Here is an article + video

Have fun ^_^

A great disappointment at 6 months dat hyperbole.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Xbox 360 owners enjoy their systems more than PlayStation 3 owners do, so they are less inclined to upgrade.

LOLOLOLOL.

It took PS3 two years to build a decent library. Heck, Wii U this year is just now getting a decent library. I will wait until 2015 to judge this gen.

Respectfully disagree. The PS3 had interesting games from the start. Folklore wasn't the best game, for example, but it wasn't predictable. The current gen is shaping up to be the last gen's greatest hits, now in 1080p*.

*Maybe

EDIT: Before people think that I mean Last of Us and Tomb Raider remakes -- although that's also ridiculous -- I just mean the ideas and concepts. Everything announced for the current consoles is boring. The only reason I'm even keen on DriveClub is that it's going to be the first arcade racer in a long time.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
If I have time I'll go to downtown Stockholm and snap pictures if how available Xbone is here in a country where it hasn't launched. Most stores here have more bones than PS4s.

iMax

"People have been more satisfied with the Xbox 360 than the PS3, so in that respect people have less of a need to upgrade in the short-term due to regular updates for the Xbox 360. We could point to any number of things."

Yusuf+Mehdi+Xbox+Team+Rings+NASDAQ+Opening+M533vd3Cznel.jpg

Such an arrogant thing to say.

ffs, just stay silent, ms

That's some Kutaragi level shit.

You will never get any money from me.

God and i thought they learned by now...

Stop talking yusef.

Fire this dude

0WCHr3Y.png

GeoramA

Oh, it's the TV guy. Pretty bold statements from a guy who's largely responsible for the downfall of the Xbox brand.

gtj1092

Oh I agree it is a spin. Just the logic of "being in more markets means chance of higher sales" is something I cannot argue with. The second reason was really, really stupid spin.

No it doesn't make sense because even if you compare the 13 markets PS4 is winning in everyone. So whether it's 13 40 or 1000 markets PS4 would be selling more. He can spin all he wants but the fact they have done a complete 180 on everything tells you they know their original vision for the X1 was a bad product. Thus now we have a ps4 light. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ;)

Does anyone have his quote where he said focus testing determined that DRM wouldn't hinder people from buying an Xbox One?

I can't find it.

rjc571

Banned
Nintendo responds - "Why the PS4 and Xbone are outselling the Wii U"

1. Gamers are so blown away by the game pad that they fear it will ruin all other games for them, or that they're not worthy of experiencing its awesome power.

2. Nintendo's core audience are people who have families or are socially active with their friends, so they don't have time to sit around playing video games, unlike the shut-ins who play Sony and Microsoft consoles.

Am I doing this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom