• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HomeGAF – Putting your hard hat on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
So, pics taken today. In the last couple of days, we started building the kitchen, putting up the staircase. Plus I received my kitchen appliances this morning.

z5kOs81.jpg

FdZXiuM.jpg

StBufzi.jpg

Lubricus

I recently signed a buyers contract on 9 acres in the country with a farmhouse built in 1900 (1789 square feet) and a double-wide manufactured home (3 bedrooms) on it.
I will use the double-wide as living quarters while I work on the house.
Lead paint is under the latex paint in the house. It will cost a fortune to get rid of the lead paint so I may just use a good sealer and paint it over again.
No asbestos though, thank goodness.
Do you get any input from an architect or home designer on your designs?

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I recently signed a buyers contract on 9 acres in the country with a farmhouse built in 1900 (1789 square feet) and a double-wide manufactured home (3 bedrooms) on it.
I will use the double-wide as living quarters while I work on the house.
Lead paint is under the latex paint in the house. It will cost a fortune to get rid of the lead paint so I may just use a good sealer and paint it over again.
No asbestos though, thank goodness.
Do you get any input from an architect or home designer on your designs?
Wow, that'll be neat to see!

I do have a designer, she confirms my ideas and find me the products / solutions I need. Designers are not expensive, and they can make a great idea even greater.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Basically the epoxy floors were redone 4 times, this was a pain in the ass as nothing else in the loft could be done at the same time.

Onyx stone walls finally done in the bathroom (walls are not cleaned).

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Structural inspection was passed succesfully today, so I may legally live in my loft from now on :)

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Very nice work!

The kitchen is too dark for my tastes, but it look impeccable.

Well thanks, it looks intense with the crystal chandeliers lit up at night. My bar table and normal tables should be installed tomorrow for the dining area.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Tried to maximize the most to get this little computer nook. There are only two things that I kept from my old loft, my grey lockers and bengal-damaged pablo lamps. I found the red wall locker on kijiji and refinished it. The seller was kind enough to have it shipped by bus from Toronto.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
Gorgeous place! All your hard work really paid off! I wouldn't even know where to begin with a project like that, but I adore lofts and always wanted to live in one. We've gone to look at two finished ones in the past but for various reasons the layouts didn't work for us and our lifestyle. It would certainly be amazing to buy an empty space and tailor it exactly to our needs as you did.

NH Apache

Banned
Wow, that's amazing. I don't really have any time to work on my current home, but we plan to move in a year and I imagine some serious work going into it.

Love the idea of this thread btw.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Well thanks for the great comments. This is actually my pied à terre, I'll be starting my house construction soon. I had issues with the piece of land I had bought, it was contaminated.

Please share your ideas!

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Sorry for the bump , the loft won best design in the province of QC for condo units for ~$500k for 2016. I can finally brag about something, but really my designer had lots to do with the completion of it. Finishing the terrace with BBQ now.

Me with the BBQ building from last year and finishing up the tiles:

Starting to do the outside with new furniture to fill up the place a bit this year :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom