• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies released on iOS in Japan

GSR

Well, this came out of nowhere fast! The Japanese version of Dual Destinies has just been released on iOS in Japan!

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/ni-zhuan-cai-pan5/id877880297?mt=8

5o7EXyh.jpg

Additional screenshots here.

The game is playable on iPhone 4S, 5, 5S, and 5C, iPad 2 or newer, and iTouch 5th generation or newer. It requires iOS6.1 to iOS7.1. The game's first episode is available free, with the remainder of the game a paid purchase. The original game's DLC case, "Turnabout Reclaimed", is also available, as are the bonus costumes and (JP-only) quizzes.

The first episode is free, while episodes 2-5 can be purchased for 2000 yen as a pack, or for 600 yen each. The DLC episode is also available for 600 yen.

Thanks to daydreaming over in the AA community thread for the tip!

Update: Confirmed for an English release "soon".

Interesting. Looks pretty good actually.

The more ways people have access to this series, the better. Now give us some new Great Ace Attorney scoop!

Shun

Now you're just missing Gyakuten Saiban 4.

Good move, get more people to play the game Capcom.

hongcha

This looks really nice. I'm sure it will come out in English, that's easy money and Capcom already released 1-3 on iOS. Might take awhile, though.

L~A

This could open the door to episodic Ace Attorney. My heart melts at the possibility.

It won't.

Ace Attorney Trilogy was already like that, just like Ghost Trick. Only way this leads to episodic Ace Attorney is if Capcom decides to make the series a mobile exclusive... which doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

tauke

One of those games that I worried to purchase through eShop if I ever get a 3DS due to the complication of Nintendo policy.

Will wait for the English version soon!

Elija2

Apollo Justice isn't on iOS, is it? They probably should have put that game there first.

Also, how do those prices compare to the 3DS version? Are they essentially the same price, or is the iOS version cheaper?

Asbear

Banned
Nice. It can finally played as how it looks in all the promo material. AS always looked like it was meant to be HD

Glass Rebel

Looks fantastic. I prefer to play AA with buttons but better graphics on a bigger screen should be enough for me to double dip.

Flandy

Wait, does this mean you haven't played AA5, yet?

How dare you wear that avatar! :p

(also, 3DS is a great system, you should get one)
I've been rocking this avatar for years. Was going to buy an XL mainly for AA but then I got a Wii U instead. On the bright side I got to play AAI2 since the fan translation released recently.

Alfredo

Downloaded on my Japanese iTunes account and playing on my iPhone 5 and my (ancient non-retina) iPad mini. Man, it looks great! And there's no slowdown when the courtroom doors open like on the 3DS. Crazy!

I hope there's an English release and it gets the game more exposure.

Now I can play three separate instances of Dual Destinies at once if I wanted. >_>

tumblr_n9xgn2mluJ1r96fbco1_1280.jpg

Still waiting for Europe localization...
I think that will be an eternal wait.

I've yet to get it on 3DS (I'm still missing 3 and 4), if this iOS rerelease has EFIGS languages then I'm in.
Given that the iOS releases of 1-3 removed FIGS* I find it unlikely.

*-I believe Nintendo own the translations rather than Capcom. The WiiWare ports had the translation so I'm hoping the 3DS release of 1-3 also does.

daydream

Banned
I've been rocking this avatar for years. Was going to buy an XL mainly for AA but then I got a Wii U instead. On the bright side I got to play AAI2 since the fan translation released recently.

Just joshin', of course. More AA avatars = always a good thing :3

Solid purchasing decision, as well.

Jubern

I think that will be an eternal wait.

Given that the iOS releases of 1-3 removed FIGS* I find it unlikely.

*-I believe Nintendo own the translations rather than Capcom. The WiiWare ports had the translation so I'm hoping the 3DS release of 1-3 also does.

The initial (non-Retina) release of AA1 on iOS had EFIGS so nope.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wow it was fast!
Interesting. Looks pretty good actually.

The more ways people have access to this series, the better. Now give us some new Great Ace Attorney scoop!
It looks good because even without big efforts 3d looks better on higher resolution, on the other hand 2d needs more work.

FluxWaveZ

Alright. These announcements always make me think about a future where Ace Attorney would only be released on mobile platforms and I don't like it, but this is cool for more exposure.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Alright. These announcements always make me think about a future where Ace Attorney would only be released on mobile platforms and I don't like it, but this is cool for more exposure.

Games like this don't need physical controls, a big touchscreen is probably the best way to play them(after a mouse).

Top Bottom