• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies released on iOS in Japan

Genio88

Great game, i already finished it on my 3DS when it came out, but i could pick it up on iPad retina too, even if i'll probably have no time to play it again

Every time the same articles get thrown around, when in reality, that isn't the case.

And why would iOS being bigger in Japan affect the rest of the world, where android has almost a 90% market share? It makes zero sense financially for them to neglect it.

Agreed. The Android code is already there with the Asian version, the English text is already there with the DS, Wii, and iOS versions. Why exactly can't Capcom put 2 and 2 together and release even the first trilogy? Makes no sense.

Oh wait, it actually does make sense. It's Capcom and making dumb decisions is their forte.

daydream

Banned
Are there problems with the ios version of the original trilogy ? (appart from the so-so redrawn arts I mean)

Oh yes. Animation frames are missing, a whole song is cut out, UI is unoptimised/unpolished, lag, HD sprites look arguably worse, etc.

Cbajd5

I would love for Capcom to put more of their games on Android. Lost my 3DS before this released so not played it.

I'd like for them to at least put Ghost Trick on Google Play and not just some weird app store that I can't get it from no matter how hard I try. (PS If anyone can get it please tell me how you did so because I've tried everything I could think of outside of buying a Japanese phone.)

On topic, I'm more surprised they haven't released AA4 on iOS yet than this being released.

MrBadger

I wonder why Capcom never include Apollo Justice when they re-release games. It's the only one that's kind of important to Dual Destinies.

Clipse

Been dying to play this, but never could pull the trigger on buying a 3DS. Hope this gets released stateside soon.

M3d10n

Since it uses MT Framework Mobile there should be zero problems with the iOS version compared to the janky original trilogy. I'm just a bit bummed it doesn't run in retina resolution on the retina iPads.

I really hope this comes stateside. I'm only in the second case on DD, and I wouldn't mind double-dipping if it's a very pleasant phone experience.

jts

...hate me...
So now I'm waiting for the original trilogy to drop on the 3DS (because the iOS version is shite) and Dual Destinies to drop on iOS (because more practical + cheaper).

Gotta find me a copy of Apollo Justice meanwhile...

KtSlime

So now I'm waiting for the original trilogy to drop on the 3DS (because the iOS version is shite) and Dual Destinies to drop on iOS (because more practical + cheaper).

Gotta find me a copy of Apollo Justice meanwhile...
By drop do you mean price or release? It's been out for a while in Japan, and it's the same as the 123HD version on iOS.

ZeroX03

Banned
Every time the same articles get thrown around, when in reality, that isn't the case.

And why would iOS being bigger in Japan affect the rest of the world, where android has almost a 90% market share? It makes zero sense financially for them to neglect it.

Because Ace Attorney is a Japanese franchise made by a Japanese company. It's the same reason that other Japanese companies prioritize iOS. The marketshare means that iOS is more valuable. Android having such a large market share includes severe fragmentation of devices, people with outdated OSes (thanks carriers), etc. iOS does not have to worry about that nearly as much. Half the Android devices on the market - the lower income countries - aren't going to be able to run this game. It really isn't hard to see why iOS is the lead platform for mobile gaming in Japan, there's more reliable money in it.

And as far as financial sense goes, I assume they have the numbers from their own past mobile titles are know which sells more. I'm sure they know why they put iOS first.

By drop do you mean price or release? It's been out for a while in Japan, and it's the same as the 123HD version on iOS.

3DS version fixes a bunch of animation and music issues.

KtSlime

3DS version fixes a bunch of animation and music issues.

Oh, I did not know that. I haven't gotten the 123HD version because I got the original iPhone release years ago. I just checked and it appears they haven't updated the game in a while. That's unfortunate because it would be relatively simple to fix the bugs on the smartphone version.

jts

...hate me...
I mean release. Western release :p

Hmm gotta do a little research in that case. I have the trilogy sitting on my iOS devices already. If the 3DS release has the same shitty scaled sprites and such I'll just hunt down the DS versions.

Namikaze

I mean release. Western release :p

Hmm gotta do a little research in that case. I have the trilogy sitting on my iOS devices already. If the 3DS release has the same shitty scaled sprites and such I'll just hunt down the DS versions.

The 3DS version has the same sprites as the HD ios version. They didn't even fix all of the animation issues which is mindblowing considering they're likely gonna be asking $30 for it stateside.

jts

...hate me...
The 3DS version has the same sprites as the HD ios version. They didn't even fix all of the animation issues which is mindblowing considering they're likely gonna be asking $30 for it stateside.
Well fuck that then.

edit: I misremembered. The issue was not the scaling. Sprites were redrawn but...

ace_Attorney_trilogy_003_thumb.jpg

Dis fucking finger painted beard. The outline. PW's eyes etc. Shit ain't right.

Top Bottom