• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoE announces remaining 2014 releases

Shiggy

First party releases (3DS)
Fantasy Life - September 26
Super Smash Bros for 3DS - October 2 (eShop: October 3)
Ultimate NES Remix - November 7
Pokémon Omega Rubin und Pokémon Alpha Saphir - November 28
3DS Home Menu Skins - October (these are additional purchases!)
amiibo - Winter 2014

First party releases (Wii U)
Hyrule Warriors - September 19
Bayonetta 2 - October (retailers list it for October 30)
Super Smash Bros for Wii U - Winter 2014
amiibo - Winter 2014 (compatible with MK8, Yoshi's Wolly World, Mario Party 10, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Super Smash Bros.)

Third party releases
nin11ysw7.jpg

nin2v2s59.jpg

nin32fs0w.jpg

nin4lnssi.jpg

There are great games in there but from a quantitative standpoint, 2014 was a bit light for 3DS, compared to DS at the same point in its life.

Ein Bear

Smash for Wii U (terrible, terrible name) still being vaguely 'Winter' has me worried. It's not coming in 2014 is it? :(

LDAF

Smash for Wii U (terrible, terrible name) still being vaguely 'Winter' has me worried. It's not coming in 2014 is it? :(

It's a Sakurai game. When the first release date is given, expect it to be pushed a couple of months. With that said, the wait is always worth it. :D

Persona Q listed as 28th November? That is 3 days after the NA date. I'll be shocked and surprised if it manages to come out on the 28th. Meanwhile SMTIV is '2014'. I thought it was September unless that has changed.

Mr-Joker

Banned
This tell me nothing that I didn't already know. Why doesn't Nintendo of Europe have a date locked down for Bayonetta 2 or Smash Bros Wii U?

Also Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire being releasing a week later is annoying along with Captain Toad being pushed to 2015.

Not a strong line up for Europe in my eyes.

Murrah

Banned

No chance smash doesn't make it out this year. They're angling amiibos as a huge deal, and Captain Toad's already been delayed to January, so they would have literally nothing for the holiday for Wii U. I'm all for usually expecting delays for Nintendo games too, but it's coming this year

Huh? Ultimate NES Remix? Did this announcement slip under my radar or was it revealed today?

Anyway, in for Smash Bros, Ultimate NES Remix, Persona Q, Sonic Boom, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, SMT IV, Phoenix Wright Triology, Shantae and Shovel Knight.

Shiggy

Retailer listings suggest that the edition you can preorder is the limited.. they all list the first game as included.

Yes, the press release also doesn't mention a seperate edition for launch (anymore).

This. Where's Fantasy Life?

Sorry, forgot to add that one.

Huh? Ultimate NES Remix? Did this announcement slip under my radar or was it revealed today?

Was revealed through some press releases today. No real information about it.

It's coming in 2014. That or they will 'undelay' Captain Toad to be their big holiday 'family game'.

The lack of a release date is probably just them wanting to keep the spotlight on the 3DS version for now (and to see if they might still manage to release the Wii U version before December).

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
The lack of a firm Smash Bros for Wii U release date in any region is baffling at this point. If Nintendo misses getting their big release out in time for Black Friday this year, they may as well pack it all up and thrown in the towel. That's the most important day for them all year. Do not fuck this up.

I just want Smash for my Thanksgiving break.

3DS skins cost money? I thought you got them for free when you bought a game. An example would be the Zelda skin when you buy A Link Between Worlds.

First party releases (3DS)
Fantasy Life - September 26
Super Smash Bros for 3DS - October 2 (eShop: October 3)
Ultimate NES Remix - November 7
Pokémon Omega Rubin und Pokémon Alpha Saphir - November 28
3DS Home Menu Skins - October (these are additional purchases!)
amiibo - Winter 2014
Amiibo should not be on the 3DS list (what are NOE thinking). They are not releasing the NFC reader until 2015 meaning it has no way to work on a 3DS, only New 3DS (which is not out).

Yeesh, pretty lacking on the 3DS front if you're not a Smash fan.
Or Pokemon or Fantasy life...

Shiggy

Amiibo should not be on the 3DS list (what are NOE thinking). They are not releasing the NFC reader until 2015 meaning it has no way to work on a 3DS, only New 3DS (which is not out).

I put it there. For first party releases they didn't really have a list. It was more a messed up article with bullet points where games were listed in some rather random order. That's why I forgot to add Fantasy Life at first.

Hmm. Did mainland europe already get the disney magical world game? I have that down to buy my girlfriend for christmas, thought for sure it was out October here in the UK, but I don't see it on that list.

Top Bottom