• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25 minutes of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD English gameplay

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Game has its issues but it hurts watching this guy play. It's like he's never touched an action game before.

Claneko

My feelings on the vid in an nutshell:

Before Video: March? That's not too bad! I'm really looking forward to it.

After Video: .....I have to wait until March? It's only September now...

My feelings on the vid in an nutshell:

Before Video: March? That's not too bad! I'm really looking forward to it.

After Video: .....I have to wait until March? It's only September now...

Think about all the things they could do in that time! This is still an early build right? The graphics are better etc. but they could still remove the load screens and add stuff to the relatively barren environments right?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Think about all the things they could do in that time! This is still an early build right? The graphics are better etc. but they could still remove the load screens and add stuff to the relatively barren environments right?
From a conceptual standpoint this may seem simple to you but programming-wise it would take a significant amount of rebuilding to make this game "open world". Even if they started now it wouldn't be finished and QC'd before March.

Adding props to the environments is easy enough but I doubt they feel a need to do so.

galvenize

Okay so I'm watching this now, and I quite like what I'm seeing.

How does this work? Do you get to create your PC and they use any weapon you want? Is it all predetirmined? I don't know anything about this game, but think I might pick this up based on this video.

There are a dozen playable characters with each their own weapons and playstyle:

5f74d85442.jpg

I also suggest you watch this
http://youtu.be/klTvElxgqk8?t=5m20s

Zambatoh

Okay so I'm watching this now, and I quite like what I'm seeing.

How does this work? Do you get to create your PC and they use any weapon you want? Is it all predetirmined? I don't know anything about this game, but think I might pick this up based on this video.

Predetermined last I checked. You can switch members on the fly though.

Okay so this is only an early build.

The game looks like fun and I can't wait to play this. i want to believe and be excited for the Final Fantasy series again.

Graphics looks like a PS3 game and not a high tier The Last of Us type graphics but that's not a bad thing for me because I'm not much of a graphics person as long as I'm enjoying the game and story and they have time to improve it I guess.

March 17 is too far away to wait for this game with that demo.

From a conceptual standpoint this may seem simple to you but programming-wise it would take a significant amount of rebuilding to make this game "open world". Even if they started now it wouldn't be finished and QC'd before March.

Adding props to the environments is easy enough but I doubt they feel a need to do so.

That makes sense. It just seems like they have a lot of time to work with before March to improve this thing. I don't know logistically what they could do, but assuming this demo was ready to go before September (could be a bad assumption, I don't know) they have like 6-7 months more to work on it.

Ps. Is there any where that I can learn more about video game development? A book or a documentary perhaps?

That looks really good. Geometry is really lacking but the lighting and everything else seems stunning.

Can't wait for some direct feed gameplay

My thoughts exactly. Were there distinct rumors of a PC release or am I making that up being confused with all of SE's other PC announcements lately?

Wow, release dates? Demos? Substantial amounts of footage? What a weirdly awesome day to be a Square Enix fan.

The game looks like quite the upgrade. Actually looks pretty close to that first image shown with the E3 announcement.

Enthus

I wonder if I will have to buy a PS4 for this or if they will announce a PC release. I'm hoping for the latter, Square obviously realizes that PC money is worthwhile.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Looks like they've jammed the Real Reborn lighting engine/Luminous proto or whatever into it just like they did with Lightning Returns, and the results are pleasing to myne eyes.

Probably too much to ask to invest in sorting out the slightly mental camera since this is a clear quick route to release.

duckroll

Wow, the camera is AWFUL. In fact, it looks just as bad as what I recall from the PSP game, if not -worse-. The way it jerks back and forth when you lock-on on different targets, and the way hangs close to the character with a low narrow view is really awful for a third person action game. Arghhhhhhhhhhhh.

JCreasy

Hell yeah! I can't wait to play this game. It doesn't hurt that we'll get that Final Fantasy 15 demo as well. This is going to be awesome.

Eidan

Looks better than I was expecting. I just wish the areas didn't have that big empty Crisis Core feel. How are the towns in this game? Lively?

Top Bottom