• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25 minutes of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD English gameplay

sn00zer

Yep but I'd say it's unreasonable to expect the maps/field to be redesigned, they may as well make a sequel if they're going to put that much work into it. I'd say what we're getting is the best we can expect from a HD version.

Well at least fill them with more set dressing or something.... like if a scene had one ariship...why not a lot of airships?

Gameplay/camera looks really similar to the PSP verison. So does the whole, go from room to room mission structure.

Weren't you pretty certain as of E3 that there wouldn't be a significant visual upgrade beyond the obvious resolution boost? Just wondering.

Btw there's no single "battle theme" like in most FF games. That's the music for that mission. It definitely shows up elsewhere, but you're not hearing that for every battle in the entire game.

There are probably...6 or 8 songs that play during combat, depending on the mission, location, types of enemies, etc.

Raitningz

I've been thinking about it for a long time and still can't decide if that's Hillis voicing Seven. It seems... different at times.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Weren't you pretty certain as of E3 that there wouldn't be a significant visual upgrade beyond the obvious resolution boost? Just wondering.

When I first heard about the game that sort of thing was mentioned but I guess they decided to throw in some new lighting. Other than that it's still very much the HD remaster of an existing game I expected.

Andrefpvs

Who would have imagined back when the game was first announced as FF Agito XIII that one day we would play it not on a PSP,PS3 or Vita but on a freaking PS4!
It seems like this game had quite a journey almost as long as Versus.Kinda fitting that the demo of XV will be in this game.

It was even a mobile game before it was a PSP game!

Now it's on PS4.

j74SykU.gif

jiggle

Y U wear shorts under skirt Seven?
even ifrit showed more ass

was ready to snark
but it actually didn't look so bad
but then again
image is so distorted right now
hard to judge
no hiding how awful those 2D trees looked in the background though

Falk

that puzzling face
When I first heard about the game that sort of thing was mentioned but I guess they decided to throw in some new lighting. Other than that it's still very much the HD remaster of an existing game I expected.

The Lighting HD Remaster everyone was waiting for.

(Okay I'll stop)

The guy was fighting enemies that have a knockdown move with big start-up time. He wasn't dodging any of them. Most enemies aren't like that but once you get used to the battle system it's pretty fluid, minus camera problems.

Yeah, a lot of attacks knock you down. But the player was running into attacks, running on top of grenades, etc.

What SHOULD have been happening is every time a character died, the player would have had the option to bring in another member of Class Zero. And you will burn through them on some missions, as they can be difficult.

Basically, he was getting knocked down so much because he was effectively invincible, so it didn't matter. When the stakes are higher, you'll get good at dodging.

The guy sucks playing the game, evasion is vital to the game

I was thinking of his skill level (which to be fair, his first time with the game) as a factor, but yeah makes sense that evasion would play a big role in this type of game, thanks for clearing that up

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
It's a shame about those loading screens though; you enter a room to defeat an enemy and on to the next one *now loading* - is it because of the origin of the title PSP?

I mean surely PS4 could handle open world environments?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It's a shame about those loading screens though; you enter a room to defeat an enemy and on to the next one *now loading* - is it because of the origin of the title PSP?

Yeah the PSP version had a lot of that.

I was thinking of his skill level (which to be fair, his first time with the game) as a factor, but yeah makes sense that evasion would play a big role in this type of game, thanks for clearing that up

Actually, in a normal walkthrough you will prioritize getting better with evasion because the game has no mercy on the player (specially if the player didn't do any kind of optional quests between missions) and even if overleveled your characters can and will die in 1-2 hits to most bosses

Oooo looks good. In fact, it doesn't look anything like the PSP game. The UI is especially nice.

Actually it looks a lot like the PSP game, the biggest differences are the new textures and lightning

Hexa

That's what it looks like. Higher resolution, much better assets (most of them probably already existed but didn't fit on PSP), and an awesome new lighting engine. It may not sound like much but it looks like a major improvement.
If they gave that treatment to FF XII...
NKRsFpV.gif

The PSP roots are definitely still there. The loading screens. The way the mission is split up into individual rooms. The smallish size of said rooms. The camera that needs to be close to the player due to said small rooms.

Soriku

It kinda looked repetitive. The areas are rather small and linear.

Why didn't they zoom out the camera a bit?

Loading screens contain stats. So I guess they didn't want to remove them for whatever strange reason. Call it lazy.

The game looks pretty good graphics-wise, though it's still pretty obvious that this used to be a PSP game (small rooms, loading screens,...).

Do we know how much this will cost? Based on the KH remasters, I'm guessing somewhere around €40?

Kssio_Aug

Oh, by what Ive watched from the older one it seems a HUGE upgrade on graphics.

However, by the way it seems to be played I dont think it is 60 bucks worthy. Have they said a price already?

Setsu00

The game looks pretty good graphics-wise, though it's still pretty obvious that this used to be a PSP game (small rooms, loading screens,...).

Do we know how much this will cost? Based on the KH remasters, I'm guessing somewhere around €40?

60 bucks, my friend. At least in Europe.

Zambatoh

I haven't watched the video, but in my experience with the PSP version, 25 minutes is more then enough time to finish the 1st disc, if you're skipping cutscenes.

The video is from an hour or two into the second disc.

obvious note to those who are confused: We're talking about the multiple discs on the PSP version. The PS4 version will be on one disc.

The battle system looks like motion sickness the RPG. I'm excited for the story and general concept though; hopefully there's some long range character that won't make me dizzy to play as.

Setsu00

Seriously? Was that confirmed? It just seems like an awful lot of money for a visual upgrade of a 3 year old game.

I think it was confirmed via SE's store some time ago, but even if it's not confirmed, you can bet that SE will charge you a lot of money for it.

Kssio_Aug

I wont pay 60 bucks for a 3 years old game with only visuals upgrade just because there will be a demo of a game that should have been released years ago aswell and we still barely have any info. SE can go f* themselves.

You have killed my joy.

Congratulations. :'(

It never had online to begin with, just busted local play.

Visuals are looking MUCH better than I had hoped for. I love the original Type-0, and I'm more than willing to bite the bullet and dive in again if it's gonna be this nice looking.

Top Bottom