• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's a life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life is a very special thing. I don't really understand why people try to underestimate it. Especially a humans life. With a brain as complex as ours, we've become more than atoms from stars and that's it. I value all life, because of the complexity that comes with it. For the body to work the way it does, to allow us to experience nature, is something truly amazing. Even if we just die and cease to exist, life will never lose it's value. Getting to acknowledge what and where we came from, being able to understand it, you just can't put it into words how inspiring it is. There's still so much we don't know about life and the universe, but so long as nature allows us to live and learn about it, I see no reason to think we aren't special. Value life, everyone's life, we're all in this together.

Life is a very special thing. I don't really understand why people try to underestimate it. Especially a humans life. With a brain as complex as ours, we've become more than atoms from stars and that's it. I value all life, because of the complexity that comes with it. For the body to work the way it does, to allow us to experience nature, is something truly amazing. Even if we just die and cease to exist, life will never lose it's value. Getting to acknowledge what and where we came from, being able to understand it, you just can't put it into words how inspiring it is. There's still so much we don't know about life and the universe, but so long as nature allows us to live and learn about it, I see no reason to think we aren't special. Value life, everyone's life, we're all in this together.

I know in a normal circumstance this would sound like a pretty epic speech, but i just read this on the toilet And someone in the stall
Next to me let out a huge fart and now im laughing my ass off trying to keep my composure.

do you have a Mikey in your life op?

219_7352_ucp.jpg

Log4Girlz

A particular kind of chemical reaction of organic molecules unleashed by supernova. Individuals exist for indescribably brief periods of time.

nullset2

If you've been a GAF member for more than 5 years, you probably already picked up on the fact that threads have "themes" in accordance to the time of the year.
We are in the 4th quarter of the year, which coincidentally is when suicide, depression diagnosis, prescription administration and divorces hit a year high.
Ask your doctor or lawyer for this data....and they will confirm it.
Life existential crysis>Whats the point of living>Divorce>Depression>Christmass>Suicide>Valentines day>Suicide high.

This is right, then the sex, baby and pregnancy threads go bananas on spring and summer, with a healthy crop of "she looked at me from across the classroom while I sent her taylor swift lyrics and I forgot that my headphones were unplugged" threads.

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."

I'm tempted to change thiso a drinking thread but...it's weird though how we're alive. I can explain how it's weird though, I guess the simplest way to put it is the probability of us being alive.

"Society has an absurd general belief that life is about hanging on as long as possible. So people [are] often hanging on for the sake of hanging on and not for really living. ...
I can go on for days about this, but the important things in life are unsayable, so let's just live it out and see what we find behind the curtains in front of the big game we are all playing."
- Andreas Fransson, RIP.

That goldfish may be living more of a life than you are. Rock on little goldfish.

Phyranion

When I die, I want a new life where I know everything from my former life. But if the universe was like this, then there would be a lot of people remembering their past lives. Then again, these people would probably form some kind of secret society and use their knowledge to control the earth.

kick51

Banned
still survival of the fittest + reproduction, with more time for human drama, pleasure and existential thought since we've put a nice buffer between us and nature...but you still die in the end.

I do wish that this world was more of an appropriate place to get to experience life though. It kind of sucks that we are stuck in a sort of hell, not getting to live our lives to the fullest potential possible. When I think about it, this universe could have been our playground, a giant expanding playground with all sorts of awesome things to explore and experience. We will probably never get to be apart of something like that though, because the human race is against itself, it doesn't like itself, and it wants to destroy everything about itself through sheer ignorance of what it really means to be a human. The more people that suffer, the more this hatred will spread, until it becomes too much and one day we implode on ourselves! :(

Or maybe we all become awesome someday and move past all this stupid bitterness we have towards one another, for endless possibilities in the coming generations and maybe they will get to experience this amazing universe!

Unless we all die due to global warming or if Jesus comes back.

Booshka

Life is in your ability to reproduce, speaking in Biological terms. It's the only thing that matters, being alive long enough to reproduce, everything else is irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom