• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub PS Plus Edition Delayed by Server Issues

Snaku

Banned
I'll say it again, what a load of horseshit. They can at least let us download the damn thing and sit in single player like everyone else. Once they fix the current server load issues the ps+ players are just going to break it again.

This was my guess as to what was going on pretty early into the process.

If they were having server issues with just the full release, putting up the PS+ version for another 6 million people to possibly download and play would of been a poor decision and broke things even further.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Good thing that they are now charging for online gaming so that such issues can no longer occur.

#4theplayers. Seriously though, I'd love to know why Sony's infrastructure hasn't increased alongside the huge leap of subscriptions PlayStation Plus has garnered.

Disguises

It's mad to think I'm paying for this service. I was looking forward to playing this on the weekend. I'm feeling less and less interested by the day.

Cyborg

You delay a game for a year and you cant fix the basic thing that is needed to play the game (serverS)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well hey, it's only been over 16 hours of silence since people expected it to launch. No problem.

Amir0x

Banned
That's pretty crazy, man. They can't just get this damn DriveClub release done smoothly.

I really hope they get it up sooner rather than later, because it's a game that demands people actually put hands on it and experience it for good or ill themselves.

Stike

I'll say it again, what a load of horseshit. They can at least let us download the damn thing and sit in single player like everyone else. Once they fix the current server load issues the ps+ players are just going to break it again.

But even those copies will always try to connect to the servers.

You know how a DDoS works? ;)

David___

Banned
I'm still trying to get around how PSN didn't crash and burn during Destiny launch yet its on its knees during and after a free weekend.

Fairly embarrassing for Sony, but they've always had problems maintaining their servers so this really isn't all that big of a surprise.

Still glad I'm withholding joining the PS+ community.

Watching people overreact and meltdown due to server issues is probably my new favorite thing.

Classic things like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqUZkmO-zk could not exist without server issues.

Sucks I guess. I dunno maybe I'm just less high strung then .... most ..... it seems

Or its that I have like 12 games staring at me in my library begging to be played while FFXIV laughs at them all

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Not even with a paid suscription Sony is able to provide decent online infrastructure.

They only just started charging for it and id say head office would be taking some of that money to help out the company at large.

Give them some time. Its not going to improve overnight.

Rushy, what was it like working on Driveclub?

gucci-mane-skressful.jpg

Raist

Banned
They now have 3 platforms running on their network, plus extra connections from TV/phones, and considering the success of the PS4 which they weren't quite expecting to that extent, I guess it's very likely they understimated what sort of load their network was going to have to handle.

But considering the strong early PS4 adoption and remarkable boost in stats for PSN/PS+ usage was there from pretty much day 1, Sony should have tacked server capacity way earlier.

An understandable decision, but no less shit for those waiting to play it. It also doesn't bode well for future releases if the network couldn't cope with this. That's my biggest concern, as others have said this is a paid subscription service, so it should be more stable than the old days.

I'm still happy I purchased a ps4 over the Xbox, but that happiness is slowly turning into frustration with the slow updates/lack of features and feebleness of the network.

spwolf

game tries connecting to internet all the time, thats how it works... kudos to them for supporting people who paid €50 for it.

Hindle

Banned
People are paying good money for PSN now, Sony have to be more sharp when it comes to these kind of things.

Looking forward to a thread full of people who don't understand that you don't just throw money at a server infrastructure to make it magically work.

EDIT: Though that doesn't excuse that PS+ is a paid service.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
After a year long delay for the main game, what's a few days?

Top Bottom