• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's examine Wii U and 3DS' 2015 3rd-party line-up *cricket chirping*

Wii U:

NA: ... ... ...
EU: ... ... ...
JP: Lego Marvel (WB Games)

*sigh*

3DS:

NA: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Capcom), Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (Sega)
EU: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Capcom)
JP: The Legend of Legacy (FuRyu), Kenka Bancho 6: Soul & Blood (Spike Chunsoft), Devil Survivor 2: Break Record (Atlus), licensed game #1 (Bandai Namco), licensed game #2 (FuRyu), Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai Deluxe (Sega), The Great Ace Attorney (Capcom)

Some decent stuff of note in JP and hardly anything else in the west outside of MH4's long awaited localization in the west.

I'm sure I'm missing one or two examples. But as you can all clearly see, it's fucking DIRE, especially on Wii U. Please note me of any other games missing and I'll add them.

It surprised me that Kamen Rider Summonride on Wii U by Bandai Namco is in Dec after Kamen Rider Battride War 2 came out in June.

3DS' barren line-up is the much bigger surprise as it's pretty successful in the west and very successful especially in Japan, when quite a few 3rd-party games can sell millions like Monster Hunter and Yo-kai Watch.

You'd think we'd know A LOT more about what's coming to both systems next year at least early on by now being as we're in October already.

Thoughts?

oti

Banned
Ubi is still sitting on that new Rabbids family game for Wii U, so that could be coming too.

sörine

Banned
We've had confirmation for Yo-Kai Watch and Puzzle & Dragons Z coming west from Level 5 and Gungho respectively. I'm assuming both will be 2015.

andymcc

Banned
sörine;133537832 said:
We've had confirmation for Yo-Kai Watch and Puzzle & Dragons Z coming west from Level 5 and Gungho respectively. I'm assuming both will be 2015.

Those could be pretty big.

StevieP

Banned
Going forward (no matter the type or power or processor or any other stupid repeated argument on the matter says about their consoles) third party on a Nintendo console is equal to whatever game they pay for in one way or another. Nothing really to talk about that hasn't already been said.

Western third parties should be ashamed of themselves for the support they've given the 3ds, however. There is SOME money to be made there. They're busy chasing whales though.

Astral Dog

The sky is blue.
At this point you are interested on whats on Wii U or not, third party support its not coming at most a few ports and Eshop games.

The 3DS has some very nice third party games released, but they come mostly from Japan, and the majority of development is likely on Smartphones now.

stupei

I thought Bravely Second was possibly out in Japan next year? And Yo-kai Watch probably next year for the west.

hughesta

Banned
Unfortunately, third party Wii U games just don't sell. It sucks, but that's the way it is. There are tons of great first party content scheduled for next year, but third parties have utterly abandoned Nintendo.

I bought a Wii U on the basis that I haven't really stopped playing Bayonetta regularly since its release on 360. I'm sure I'll get the same milage out of its sequel. Anything else is a bonus, and there's plenty in the way of first party bonuses.

If Capcom gives us The Great Ace Attorney, I'll be content. I can't think of any 3DS games I want that that come out next year anyway. As for the Wii U..... lol

catmario

- No COD on WiiU. (forever... kind of)
- No Western AAA third-party titles on 3DS and Wii U.
- Only Lego, movie licences(dat Activision), Just dance series on Wii U... huh?

Apparently, When we only considering about Western third-party, there is not much hopes lefts on nintendo consoles. :(

Anth0ny

Id be surprised if there was a single retail third party game released for Wii u in 2015.

That's messed up.

Rubixcuba

Banned
I would throw in first party titles as well. Do we have any confirmed dates of anything for either system after December?

Need a Direct reeeeeeaaaaaaal bad.

AniHawk

for 3ds, 2015 is amazingly vacant for a year with a pretty major hardware revision. it's slower than 2014, and 2014 was pretty damn slow. there are a lot more games in japan and some will make it over, but a lot will be left there.

wii u's first party output looks fucking aces for 2015 but there doesn't seem much else besides a few release like devil's third and possibly a localization of fatal frame.

CANLI

Owning a jap wii u and3ds.i'm happy with them. As Bandai Namco supports the wii u, i'm happy. The rest, I don't care at all.
Developers have made tons of money with the wii and ds and abandoning the wii u like that is just disgusting.
JE leur crache dessus

random25

Third party for 3DS in 2015? Maybe we'll just have to wait for 2015 for announcements. For all we know a Youkai Watch 3 is already in the works for 2015 release. EO2 remake was 2015, right? And if Break Record is still alive then that's another possible 2015 release, when Atlus has enough time by then. The question is when will those titles arrive Westside?

As for Wii U, yeah we all know that :p

Richie

There -is- Devil's Third, aaand I'm sure the next Just Dance, Lego and Skylander games will make their way there :p

JordanN

Banned
Western third parties should be ashamed of themselves for the support they've given the 3ds, however. There is SOME money to be made there. They're busy chasing whales though.
You can blame them all day but it was Nintendo's job to court them.
Publishers aren't dumb. They supported the DS. 3DS isn't the DS, so now there's less reason for them to greenlight stuff for it.

Richie

I can see several more Just Dance & Skylanders being released on Wii U because they've sold better than on PS4/Xbox One so far.

Albeit I don't doubt that still holds true today, that's from November 2013; the PS4/Xbox One had just releaed, it'd be catastrophic if even then they had sold more there than on Wii U.

Bluth54

Not good for Nintendo, though honestly I don't care even though I own a Wii U and 3DS, I bought those to play Nintendo published and developed games, I have my gaming PC for third party games.

Everyone in Japan wants their 3DS games out by the holidays. Stuff will crop up after.

Wii U, ehh, Nintendo might want to look at some more collaborations.

StevieP

Banned
You can blame them all day but it was Nintendo's job to court them.
Publishers aren't dumb. They supported the DS. 3DS isn't the DS, so now there's no reason to hop on.

You say that as though they haven't tried. Every launch western port had some kind of money or deal behind it (just like the Wii u actually). Throwing money around infinitely for little return isn't the solution to a bigger problem.

Top Bottom