• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Wii U) listed for $45 at EB and Amazon in Canada

5008479.jpg

Saw these at RFD:

https://www.ebgames.ca/WiiU/Games/719083/kirby-and-the-rainbow-curse

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00LCHU8IO/

So yep, looks like it's following in Toad's footsteps as it is in Japan and getting a budget release! Naturally in the US it'll be $40, but nice to have some indication that it will indeed be budget priced.

Invite me to clay if old.

Seemed like this would be the case, once it was revealed to be a budget title in Japan.

Can't wait to play it. Canvas Curse is awesome and the visual style in this game is gorgeous.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Yay! I can't wait until Q3 of 2015 to play this. thanks, Nintendo :)

I truly am looking forward to this game, just really salty that Nintendo are delaying it for seemingly no reason.

El Odio

Banned
Maybe cause it's late but I can't think of any other budget titles other than Captain Toad. I haven't gotten it yet but it doesn't sound to be lite on content so I hope the lower price doesn't mean that here either.

Yay! I can't wait until Q3 of 2015 to play this. thanks, Nintendo :)

I truly am looking forward to this game, just really salty that Nintendo are delaying it for seemingly no reason.

You in EU? Because in NA I believe it's out on Feb 13th, but yeah EU gets it in the 2nd half of 2015 IIRC, the fuck?

ohlawd

I think I have this preordered for 51 at Future Shop

welp, need to raise a stink and get a 20 dollar coupon somehow?

i always figured this would be a $40 dollar game much like captain toad. Nintendo has been great at pricing there published games this gen prices are all over the place.

Velcro Fly

$40 is a nice price. With GCU I'm looking at $32. Seems like a fair gamble since I normally like Kirby games but normally am lukewarm on touchscreen controls for things.

$40 is an easier price to deal with for most people for a Kirby game. Day one buy for me surely. I have a feeling Yoshi will have a similar price range.

$40 is an easier price to deal with for most people for a Kirby game. Day one buy for me surely. I have a feeling Yoshi will have a similar price range.

I'm thinking Yoshi will be $50, like Tropical Freeze. I obviously have nothing to really base this on though, just a hunch.

I'm thinking Yoshi will be $50, like Tropical Freeze. I obviously have nothing to really base this on though, just a hunch.

Yeah I can see that. I just can't see it going for $60. It's absolutely bonkers that Tropical Freeze was only $50 considering the amount of content in the game.

I love that at least one of the big three is still exploring flexible pricing with their retail games. I hope Nintendo + indies gets this practice back into the mainstream.

Top Bottom