• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the worst Nintendo developed game?

Ozium

I recently got a Wii U for Christmas and have been having a blast with NES Remix.. It's great that they can take classic games and make them "fresh" again, or introduce them to people who might not otherwise play them.

While playing CLU CLU LAND, I saw a comment on Miiverse which stated "This the worst Nintendo game ever.." but, honestly, Clu Clu Land is pretty dope... Some people like to say that Wii Music is Nintendo's worst game, but those people are misled by their expectations IMO, and and I found Wii Music to be pretty fun for what it was (and it seems to me the people who enjoy it tend to have a background in music and/or musical theory compared to those who just wanted it to be a rhythm game, but I digress)

To me the worst Nintendo game ever is ICE CLIMBER, and I admit I fully think this is due to NES Remix... The controls are dog shit, maybe I just suck but they seem really inconsistent to me.. Other games from that era that use the Mario Bros framework also feel a little wonky, but all are more infinitely controllable to me..

What do you guys think?

TL:DR Ice Climber is the worst game Nintendo ever made.

Paper Mario Sticker Star.

The entire core design of the game is so pointless and redundant its almost hilarious.

That and it was completely lacking any of the charm and wittiness that made the Paper Mario series fun in the first place.

Mario Sunshine. Such a letdown compared to Mario 64

sunshine is one of my favorites actually. is sticker star developed by nintendo? i really dont like that game, I got to the boss that you fight with the fan sticker and stopped playing there. game is a snooze fest. also fighting in that game is pointless since you don't get exp or anything

CronoShot

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

I'm a massive Zelda fan, but I could never finish that turd. It wasn't even the unorthodox controls, it just had extremely poor design.

Wendler

Banned
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. What an awful pile of shit it is.

I literally pisses me off when I think about it.

maxcriden

I found Ice Climber pretty tough to get into in NES Remix, too. Once you get the hang of it and can predict the laggy jumps and the odd momentum of your character, it gets a bit more fun, though.

Heroman

Banned
I win
Urban_Champion_cover.jpg

impact

Banned
Sticker Star is pretty awful, but I'd guess some shit minigame fest on the Wii is probably worse. Wii Music?

L95

The entire core design of the game is so pointless and redundant its almost hilarious.

That and it was completely lacking any of the charm and wittiness that made the Paper Mario series fun in the first place.

I keep managing to forget Sticker Star exists. I actually bought a 3Ds for it. (Not only for it, but it was one of my most looked forward to games....)

Vaddon

Probably Ice Climbers in terms of older games, yeah. Not just the gameplay itself but the poor controls too, which in turn makes the gameplay frustrating.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Theres a 1st party nintendo game that came out in i believe 2010, It was called I believe flingsmash, it got basically no advertisement, and the one reveiw I saw of it, which I think was ign gave it like a 4. something

ITT: every single Nintendo developed game will be mentioned, followed by several quotes of "nope"

I would say the least great one (out of the ones that I've played) is Mario Kart 64. It's not bad, but I like all the ones that followed it more. Also, N64 analog stick is bleh.

Ranger X

I don't wich one is the worse but its not like they are excellent games:

1- Ice Climber
2- Uniracers
3- Wii Music
4- Kid Icarus Uprising
5- Urban Champions

muteant

i don't think it's the worst, but clu clu land certainly deserves to at least be mentioned here. my nervous system simply refuses to cohere with its control scheme.

i don't understand the wario's woods hate, though.

Chrom

Urban Champion is so bad that Nintendo of America made a sarcastic tweet tempering fans' expectations of a sequel being announced at last year's E3 out of nowhere.

maxcriden

kid Icarus uprising.

If Star Fox adventures count that too

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. What an awful pile of shit it is.

I literally pisses me off when I think about it.

Three games I absolutely loved.

I don't wich one is the worse but its not like they are excellent games:

1- Ice Climber
2- Uniracers
3- Wii Music
4- Kid Icarus Uprising
5- Urban Champions

Was Uniracers that bad?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/06/a-reason-to-hate-pixar-uniracers-on-the-snes-is-a-masterpiece/

This article is pretty fascinating. Also, a lot of reviews I looked up liked Uniracers....

Donkey Kong Jr. Math....but a certain chrono trigger fan on these boards loves it.

Tee hee.

So much hyperbole in this thread....

Amyway, I vote for Ice Climbers too. It's just...a shit platformer with horrible leveldesign and crap controls.

I don't miss them in Smash at all.

Edit: You people mentioning Kid Icarus Uprising....smh....

Top Bottom