• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Boy Announced

Delstius

7_Monster_Boy_OnPlayStationE3_07.png

Apparently Game Atelier which was working on Flying Hamster 2 is now working on a Wonder Boy/Monster World successor with the series creator Ryuichi Nishizawa.

http://www.monsterboy.com/

Teaser
Trailer

Most recent screenshots :

Older screenshots :

Though I haven't played them, Tim Rogers has spoken fondly of this series. Nice to see veteran developers teaming up with Indies, this reminds me of Mighty No. 9's development.

Takao

Banned
RIP Flying Hamster II :(

Hope "more" includes Vita, since it won their platform poll during FHII's Kickstarter ...

Foffy

Banned
I think one of the Wonder Boy games was the first title I ever rented. I always wanted to get around to playing the franchise, but I guess I have reason now ;)

Krejlooc

Banned
The website makes it seem like this is going to have the transformation mechanic from Wonderboy III.

I am fucking beaming right now

I'm hoping one of the platforms ends up being the Vita. This is the type of game that's perfect for the vita. If it doesn't, I'm definitely getting this for PS4

rjc571

Banned
Looks gorgeous. I'd love to have this on 3DS or Vita.

Wonder Boy 3 is the best game on the Master System and Monster World 4 is the best Megadrive game.

Wonko_C

I misread the title as Wonder Boy and then before the page loaded I realized my mistake and got disappointed. Then read the description and was like "OMG my misread was spot on after all!" :D

Lelcar

I've only played Monster World IV in this series and I thought it was pretty cool. I'm interested to see what they can do with it today.

eso76

i rushed to this thread because my mind read "wonder boy".
Then realized i was wrong.
Then realized i wasn't
Then wanted the game bad.

Lijik

I clicked this thread ready to be disappointed because there was no way the game would be what I expected. Somehow it was

Really excited!

Top Bottom