• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE | February 2015 | Games find a Way

malfcn

yYX1nKw.png

This thread is constantly evolving to have information up to date.
While this thread strives to cover a wide range of info, new threads are welcome.
DEGbdfR.png

All dates are subject to change, US dates listed.

10 | Evolve
11 | Don Bradman Cricket
13 | The Escapists
17 | Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
18 | Blue Estate
18 | Hand of Fate
20 | Roundabout
24 | Dragon Ball: Xenoverse
24 | Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires
24 | Rugby 15
27 | Pneuma: Breath of Life

Downloadable Content
00 | ...

Apps
19 | ABC News
24 | Nerdist

5Z3LDWG.png

All dates are subject to change, US dates listed.

03 | SpongeBob HeroPants
24 | Dragon Ball: Xenoverse

Downloadable Content
00 | ...

VfUyeKp.png

Earn free games for being an XBL Gold member.
Xbox 360 titles are yours to keep forever: New titles are available at the beginning of the month until the 15th.
On the 16th a new title becomes free to purchase until the end of the month.
Xbox One titles are yours to keep during subscription: New titles are available at the beginning of the month until the end of the month.

Xbox One
00 | #IDARB

Xbox 360
01 | Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
16 | Sniper Elite V2

qtTPlzj.png

0UXywn9.png

System Versions and Update notes.
May also contain important patch information.

Xbox One
02.13.15| OS 6.2.12130.0 (xb_rel_1502.150209-1738) fre // Controller Firmware 1.2.2236.0

Controller improvements
  • Quick Connect
    • Previously, controller connections took four-to-five seconds when powering on a controller. Now, it will only take about two seconds.
  • Stability improvements
    • The update also provides a number of fixes that address some of the controller disconnect issues reported by Xbox One users.
Game hubs
  • These are the go-to centers for interesting content, tips and tricks for your favorite titles.
Party Chat updates
  • Chat connection status
    • New icons have been added to let you know the current status of a chat connection in your Party.
      • Clock icon means the connection is being made.
      • Squawker Ring icon indicates the connection was successful, and actively shows who is speaking.
      • X icon means that networking limitations (such as a Strict NAT) are preventing the chat connection from completing for specific users.
  • Improved connectivity between multiple users with Strict or Moderate NATs
    • We also made some improvements to party chat in partial mesh situations when multiple participants are behind moderate or strict NATs
      with their home gateways/routers.
  • Game and Party invitations
    • Made improvements to game and party invitations to help you more quickly know who is inviting you to what without having to wait for
      the text to scroll on the game and party invite notifications.
  • Performance improvements
  • Decreased the time it takes to set up person-to-person (P2P) connectivity for party chat,
    and streamlined the retry logic for setting up party chat sessions.
Custom backgrounds and tile transparency
  • We’ve added tile transparency to the Home tiles to make your background images more visible.
    • Note: To set a custom background, go to Settings > My Xbox > My background
Xbox 360
12.11.14 | Dashboard 2.0.17150.0

ZkSSXRg.png

byqIdxe.png

Climb back through time and see how we got here.
These links provide a glimpse of discussion and information as it happened.

01.2015 | Beginning with Horror
12.2014 | Beta for the Holidays
11.2014 | Jump In! The Collection is Fine
10.2014 | The Delirium Within
09.2014 | Push back the Darkness
08.2014 | Hot Maddening Nights
07.2014 | Drinkbox Juan - All in One Luchador
06.2014 | Something to do with EEEs
05.2014 | Doge & Order - Special Games Unit
04.2014 | Springtime Watersports
03.2014 | Dropping Titans like it's Hot
02.2014 | Don't call it a Drought
01.2014 | Definitively Bigger & Blacker
11.2013 | Jump In! The Resolution is Fine

Killer

Banned
You should have posted in Gaming.

Anyway, might pick up Evolve. Though i was disappointed in the alpha and missed public beta.

The Escapists definitely, *maybe* Don Bradman Cricket depending on price.

Blue Estate is also out this month if you want to add it into the placeholder position

Which is unfortunate because I had no clue until just now. I just figured the threads stopped getting made. Such a bad policy when applied to threads like this.

I think my Xbox One download thread gets buried by this as well, but we seem to get enough people providing info and contributing to make it worth doing still.

malfcn

What the hell with these transfer speeds.

Halo MCC
External to Internal = 14 minutes
Internal to External = 50% after 30 minutes..

yay February. I mentioned this in the other thread, but it appears Game of Thrones episode 2 is now out. Not home so I can't confirm yet. Anyone play it yet?

Ohmbrew

I think my Xbox One download thread gets buried by this as well, but we seem to get enough people providing info and contributing to make it worth doing still.

This is very true. I always look forward to bumps in both the monthly threads and your download thread, but always forget to check the community tab. It's too bad these got moved over as there seemed to be much more activity when they were in the gaming section. They deserve more exposure since they are both very well made threads.

Still, if it makes either of you feel better, just know that every time I see an update in either thread, it makes me a little happier for the possibility of new info!

yay February. I mentioned this in the other thread, but it appears Game of Thrones episode 2 is now out. Not home so I can't confirm yet. Anyone play it yet?

Ive started it btw, runs like crap as usual but seems pretty good if you can ignore that.

Still, if it makes either of you feel better, just know that every time I see an update in either thread, it makes me a little happier for the possibility of new info!

Thanks, much appreciated :)

Got my first spam message for con***sup***.com

I got this same spam message yesterday. Also got a similar one a few weeks back.

Ive started it btw, runs like crap as usual but seems pretty good if you can ignore that.

Yeah, I can usually ignore the engine if the story is good. Oddly enough, I really liked the first episode... like way more than I thought I would. Hopefully I'll dig into it soon. Got caught up in #IDARB's single player, which I didn't find to be that good unfortunately.

Damn, MS really need to up the GwG offering relative to Sony - IDARB just isn't in the same league as Transistor alone.

The UE4 based puzzle game looks like it might be cool.

Hand of Fate looks really cool, so I think I'm going with that and Blue Estate.

There's a bunch of good U.S. Xbox Gift card deals right now. Best Buy has $50 for $40.50, so I grabbed on of those.

B4D1E

Hand of Fate looks really cool, so I think I'm going with that and Blue Estate.

There's a bunch of good U.S. Xbox Gift card deals right now. Best Buy has $50 for $40.50, so I grabbed on of those.

Pretty good deal. Unfortunately it's only for store pick-up. Or am I missing something?

polychron

Hey, not sure this is the right place for this (only got an XOne recently) but how can I get into the update preview program? I like to be on the bleeding edge of tech when I can be.

malfcn

Hey, not sure this is the right place for this (only got an XOne recently) but how can I get into the update preview program? I like to be on the bleeding edge of tech when I can be.

Do your tag in here or the preview thread and I'm sure someone will hook you up.

malfcn

Oh snap.
Realized that the messages are only kept for awhile. So if you get things like Sunset Overdrive freebies use them or keep them saved.

malfcn

Two new app released.

Nerdist
Abc News

The list grows and grows.
And I need to start next month. Title suggestions?

March set to be most packed?

Yep! Just indie/download stuff:

4th - Shiftlings
6th - White Night and OlliOlli
11th - Ori and the Blind Forest
13th - LA Cops
18th - Fruit Ninja Kinect 2
25th - Slender The Arrival
31st - Neverwinter

Plus, Spectra, Oddworld New n Tasty, Lifeless Planet, Magnetic Cage Closed are all due in March (although I suspect one or two will slip)

None of that includes the likes of Screamride, BF Hardline, FF Type-0 etc etc

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Yep! Just indie/download stuff:

4th - Shiftlings
6th - White Night and OlliOlli
11th - Ori and the Blind Forest
13th - LA Cops
18th - Fruit Ninja Kinect 2
25th - Slender The Arrival
31st - Neverwinter

Plus, Spectra, Oddworld New n Tasty, Lifeless Planet, Magnetic Cage Closed are all due in March (although I suspect one or two will slip)

None of that includes the likes of Screamride, BF Hardline, FF Type-0 etc etc
March is going to be a great month.I want lifeless planet.

Top Bottom