• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Demo Gameplay (XB1 & PS4 demos), Battle System, Night & Map Shown

zakislam

42 minutes of PS4 gameplay from the demo - http://youtu.be/kWO0mwafBJI?t=34m9s
3 minutes of Xbox One gameplay (non-live demo) - http://youtu.be/kWO0mwafBJI?t=24m37s

Demo is around 3 hours long - http://www.enixorigin.com/final-fantasy-xv-demo-about-3-hours-long/
Game is 60 percent finished - http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xv-is-60-percent-finished-1686950798

Xei3LZX.png

ytwDCDARZGJSjNDVzG.gif

At the end of the live stream, Tabata held a short Q&A:

• Game Over - You get a game over when Noctis is unable to battle. Even if your HP drops to 0, it doesn’t mean you aren’t able to battle. First you are in a “critical condition” status. In critical condition, a red gauge is displayed and if that gauge runs out, you’ll get a game over. Before the gauge depletes, you can use items or be healed by your companions. If you heal, you’ll be fine.
  • Frame Rate - The demo doesn’t run at 1080p and 30 frames per second. Full HD is planned for the final version.
  • Scope - Is the full version map of Final Fantasy XV 10 to 20 times the size of the trial version’s? Tabata says, “I honestly don’t know (laughs).”
  • Weather - The weather will not change in the trial version. Weather changes are planned for the full version.
  • Weapons - The normal weapons you regularly use in battle are completely different than the Phantom Sword summon weapons. When you start the demo, you have regular weapons and those won’t increase, but you can obtain the Phantom Swords. The Phantom Swords are scattered around on the map, and you obtain them by searching. This is one of the extra elements outside of the story line.
  • Cooperation - There is only one co-op move in the demo. The co-op moves are really strong. It disrupts the balance because they are gradually learned through growth.
  • Side Elements - Side elements of the demo include searching for the Phantom Swords, as well as additional side elements that unlock after you reach the ending.
  • Data Import - There will be no data importing from the demo to the retail version. However, it’s possible Square Enix will give players some sort of bonus for having the demo save data.
  • Adamantoise - You won’t be able to battle the Adamantoise in the demo version. This is an element that’s being incorporated into the story.
  • Airships - Regarding airships, they have not been abandoned. Tabata says he’ll talk about it more after the demo version is released.
  • Ending - The ending of the demo touches on the story of the retail version.
  • Development Status - The full version is 60 percent complete. It might not seem like too big of an increase from the game’s 55 percent completeness at the Tokyo Game Show, but the fact is it’s progressed a lot. Since the progress of game development isn’t finished up uniformly, there is a possibility it will increase quite a bit seemingly at once from here on out.
Source and screenshots - http://gematsu.com/2015/02/final-fa...e-demo-special-reveal-live-stream-full-report

Gigamear

Did you see that airship drop off like 25 enemies at once? It looked like chaos.. beautiful chaos.
It's also interesting seeing how the colors of enemy attacks radiate at night, I feel like these are meant to represent certain combat opportunities - similar to how Wonderful 101 uses its colors.
I am also getting the impression from the camp menu that each party member is carrying an equal responsibility and role to the combat - somewhat like Xenoblade Chronicles did; however, I never saw the player shift between different party members. Looks like you're stuck with Noctis.

Trashbat

Do we know anything about the size of the final game world? From what I've seen it seems to be the same outdoor area in every demo - the one with the lakes/grasslands and that big arch thing in the distance.

Game looks fantastic, but I hope there's more to the open world/free roam beyond this location and the citiy(ies?) shown.

Reveirg

Do we know anything about the size of the final game world? From what I've seen it seems to be the same outdoor area in every demo - the one with the lakes/grasslands and that big arch thing in the distance.

Game looks fantastic, but I hope there's more to the open world/free roam beyond this location and the citiy(ies?) shown.

They said 10 to 20 times the size of the demo's map.

Kyzer

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;152895326 said:
I'm seeing the hair and thats it.
Even then, its more exaggerated.

Eh...apathetic royalty face with that hair is pretty much the perception of emo. He's right.

Blizzje

Demo will not be 1080p / 30fps. Real retail release will (should).

Couldn't watch the video, but I'm really curious as to how they worded that. Were they leaning towards 'we are confident it will be 1080p' or were they hesistant to give the indication? An earlier interview with the Luminous developers gave the impression that native 1080p is pretty much a given.

Couldn't watch the video, but I'm really curious as to how they worded that. Were they leaning towards 'we are confident it will be 1080p' or were they hesistant to give the indication? An earlier interview with the Luminous developers gave the impression that native 1080p is pretty much a given.

They've confirmed 1080/30 multiple times now.

The demo just has some lazy optimization so they can put it out faster.

So does this demo coming out next month have its own set of trophies? I'd imagine so seeing as it's a 5hr demo and its own self contained episode?

TheMink

LOVE the after battle XP analysis!

Someone Gif that GOAT mammoth fight pls.

That jump and spin attack are bonkers.

Jigolo

Seems like March/April 2016 WW release is locked in.

I'm actually considering getting Type-0 again just for this. The demo comes with the game for ~2 months after release, right?

zeromcd73

Seems like March/April 2016 WW release is locked in.

I'm actually considering getting Type-0 again just for this. The demo comes with the game for ~2 months after release, right?
I believe that is digital only.

You want the retail release you gotta get a first print copy.

Top Bottom