• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Demo Gameplay (XB1 & PS4 demos), Battle System, Night & Map Shown

Dark_castle

I'm glad they tuned down the flashy effect of Phantom Sword from the previous gameplay footage. It was hard to see anything at that time.

fertygo

Man I love the animation, its made fighting situation manipulatively varied and doesn't looked repeated like standard hack-n-slash, clever touch.

Philippo

So.. Kotaku is reporting that the game is still only 60% complete... ....?

Yes, but from 80% onwards it's probably just debugging and polishing (ie: beta->gold).
People should just chill out a bit, the game is for 2nd half of 2016 so there's still a lot of time to work on it.

Well they already added a lot of particle effects to that skill, i wouldn't be surprised if it looks like that by the end.

DMiz

Grimløck;152894189 said:
characters look so goofy like some 90's era emo rejects.

I miss when they just looked straight out of a GAP commercial. Now they're a bit too indie.

Yes, but from 80% onwards it's probably just debugging and polishing (ie: beta->gold).
People should just chill out a bit, the game is for 2nd half of 2016 so there's still a lot of time to work on it.

Well they already added a lot of particle effects to that skill, i wouldn't be surprised if it looks like that by the end.

Definitely seems like the kind of thing that can/should get more impressive as you get more powerful.

Keep that save file? Noted. Hope its a cool costume or weapon. It sounds like the demo has its own contained story or something? Like it has a beginning and an ending? Maybe I just read into that wrong.
You know what would be awesome? If playing/beating the demo earns you special weapons for Noctis and co.
Example: Cloud's Buster Sword to be part of Noctis' phantom swords, Zidane's daggers for Ignis, etc.

Thoraxes

Okay, reason I ask is cause the demo has to be downloaded, so people with weaker connections is going to have a fun time getting the demo. Should have been on a separate bluray.

And allow reselling and have to pay more money to make more discs?

Would be nice, but will never happen ever.

Philippo

PSY・S;152901359 said:
Don't know if I want to watch these yet but holy shit at the airship gif.

Do it, they just do random stuff like fighting and showing basic features, plus a small glimpse at Behemoth's hunt.

LAA

You know what would be awesome? If playing/beating the demo earns you special weapons for Noctis and co.
Example: Cloud's Buster Sword to be part of Noctis' phantom swords, Zidane's daggers for Ignis, etc.

Damn that would be awesome indeed!

22gb for a PSP remaster? Holy shit.

Not that bad really. God of war was similar for PS3 I believe and that was just upping the res and fps? While type 0 has had at least some assets remade completely.

Am I setting myself up for diappointment wishing this comes before 2016?
I'm fine with 31/12/2015 11:59!

Dark_castle

I really don't like the slowdown when your attack connects.

It's strange, previous footages never had that slowdown, or at least that noticeable. I think it's fine for larger weapons to have that slowdown, but light weapons shouldn't react the same way. Will have to have an hands on with this beast to get the feel, but if it doesn't work, hopefully they can change it.

Can't wait for a better quality feed. Also some of the rock textures look like they have bird shit on them. I don't mean that as a bad thing either.

This looks amazing. And from what I can tell the combat system looks pretty cool. It definitely gives me FFXII vibes when it comes to the seamless nature of the world and entering battles so that's good.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
『Inaba Resident』;152893895 said:
Animations are insane.
Menu and UI design are really good as well and the battle system looks great.
March can't come sooner.
Yeah I feel the same way

Can't wait for a better quality feed. Also some of the rock textures look like they have bird shit on them. I don't mean that as a bad thing either.

Yeah the rock textures look pretty varied and the geometry in general is impressive.

Actually, this looks like the full package visually. Probably the best looking game of this type I have seen, though I will have to see direct feed footage to confirm that. I will say that it looks like they have ironed out some of the visual bugs in the earlier footage. So much for the downgrades some were trumping.

Danlord

22gb for a PSP remaster? Holy shit.

That sounds about right to be fair.

Dual-audio, less compression than the PSP, 1080p FMV's compared to the PSP's native resolution. Add to that HD textures and (if they have) updated 3D models for characters, environments and such; 22GB is quite reasonable.

Do we know if the pre-rendered FMV's are in 60fps? The game is 60fps but wouldn't it be slightly jarring to quickly switch gameplay 60 to video 30?

I like that there is punishment for letting your half dead partners getting hit. Permanent max HP loss (i'm assuming until you get to a rest point) and you get punished for a shitty battle or bonus exp for a great battle. @ 42:10 you can see after the battle were the player was exploiting weakness to end the battle faster got him a +54% bonus. That's a small thing I approve of. Reward players for making smart battle decisions.

raven777

insta012h9j4h.gif

Combat looks really awkward and something seems off with the graphics? Not that they're bad, but they feel off or something? Could be the animation.

That sounds about right to be fair.

Dual-audio, less compression than the PSP, 1080p FMV's compared to the PSP's native resolution. Add to that HD textures and (if they have) updated 3D models for characters, environments and such; 22GB is quite reasonable.

Do we know if the pre-rendered FMV's are in 60fps? The game is 60fps but wouldn't it be slightly jarring to quickly switch gameplay 60 to video 30?

the game runs at 30fps because SE...

EhoaVash

Looks like its taking so long just to kill 1 enemy :/

Also is a there dodge button like bayonetta ?I hope there is. constantly running away and attacking is pretty boring

That Somnus during the title screen...Brought tears to my eyes. It's so good hearing it again after all these years, and its new rendition sounds incredible. I need a clean version of it...

Top Bottom